Law Gun Safety Legislation: Signed into Law

What possible legislation are you open to for guns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So in other words, it would've delayed the shooting by at least ten days. I guess ten more days to live when you're nine is not nothing...
Brother...why do you think it's inevitable that he would have done it later? Isn't "maybe he would have done it" a better option than "yeah, it definitely happened"?

Is the prospect of those kids living not worth 10 days?

Stopped? Maybe. If they had delayed him purchasing the guns/ammo, he could have done it a couple of days later. Delayed it? For sure.
Lol...dude, no. He would NOT have shot those kids on Tuesday if there was a waiting period, because he would have had no guns. The rest is pure speculation.

What's a better option?

1.) Definitely 21 people dead on Tuesday

2.) Maybe he does it after the waiting period

This argument seems like it has a ridiculously obvious answer.

"Waiting period" is often referred to as a "cooling off period" for a reason.

Lol...dude, no. He would NOT have shot those kids on Tuesday if there was a waiting period, because he would have had no guns. The rest is pure speculation.

What's a better option?

1.) Definitely 21 people dead on Tuesday

2.) Maybe he does it after the waiting period

This argument seems like it has a ridiculously obvious answer.

"Waiting period" is often referred to as a "cooling off period" for a reason.

Yeah, red flag laws would have stopped it from happening on Tuesday. But to say a waiting period would have stopped if from happening at a later date is asinine.

Brother...why do you think it's inevitable that he would have done it later? Isn't "maybe he would have done it" a better option than "yeah, it definitely happened"?

Is the prospect of those kids living not worth 10 days?
Sure and I'm not against waiting periods or red flag laws but those are just not going to stop mass shootings entirely and I don't take assume that it necessarily would've put off this kid. But yes the point that just putting some kind of administrative burden on people when it comes to procuring firearms will in the aggregate make it less likely that people will be able to carry out mass shootings is plausible and worth trying.

Yeah, red flag laws would have stopped it from happening on Tuesday. But to say a waiting period would have stopped if from happening at a later date is asinine.
Ok....
I think you're missing the logic of "maybe" being better than "definitely"...

I'd rather those kids MAYBE be dead than those kids DEFINITELY be dead.

Sure and I'm not against waiting periods or red flag laws but those are just not going to stop mass shootings entirely and I don't take assume that it necessarily would've put off this kid. But yes the point that just putting some kind of administrative burden on people when it comes to procuring firearms will in the aggregate make it less likely that people will be able to carry out mass shootings is plausible and worth trying.
We should simply begin with lessening the frequency. It is a fact that it will happen again, no matter what laws are enacted.

He bought the gun 7 days before the shooting. How long of a waiting period should there be, exactly? Buffalo shooter bought his like 2 months before the shooting.

GOP only pretends to care about mental health to deflect from guns. They're adamantly against expanding healthcare in general but we're supposed to believe they're interested in expanding mental healthcare specifically?
Listening to Abbott talk about how we need better mental health services AFTER cutting his own states budget fir mental health services by nearly a quarter billion dollars like 90 days ago is cringy as can be.

He bought the gun 7 days before the shooting. How long of a waiting period should there be, exactly? Buffalo shooter bought his like 2 months before the shooting.
Buffalo shooter is a different person than Uvalde shooter. False analogy.

To answer your question, 10 days is fine with me.

This thread isn't just about the Uvalde shooting so no false analogy.
Why 10 days? Why not 9 or 11?

This thread isn't just about the Uvalde shooting so no false analogy.
Why 10 days? Why not 9 or 11?
9 or 11 are fine.

I'll make a ruling on this now...anything over 8 is good.

i-have-spoken-star-wars.gif

You must love that movie with Tom cruise. What's the name of it? Minority report.
Don't worry soon we'll all be connected and won't even leave the house. People think musk is buying Twitter for one reason lol. Lots of data on that site for AI.

And what would that entail? Supervision? Pay a cop to follow him around 24/7? Without a red flag law he still legally owns 2 rifles. And since legally owned, cop couldn’t stop him from getting in a vehicle with two rifles and driving in the direction of the school.
you alert the proper authorities put him in a nut house whatever it takes
also guns dont kill people.. sick / criminal people with guns kill people

Screenshot-2022-05-28-at-07-09-21-J.png

Screenshot-202.png

like i said do your job
the police stood down for almost 1 hour in uvalde.. border agents stormed the school
our gov can have armed security but schools cant

Last edited:
you alert the proper authorities put him in a nut house whatever it takes

Screenshot-2022-05-28-at-07-09-21-J.png

Screenshot-202.png

like i said do your job

Except you can’t legally do that. He hasn’t committed any crime. The proper authorities hands are tied.

That’s one aspect red flag laws look to do, untie authorities hands in situations like this.

Except you can’t legally do that. He hasn’t committed any crime. The proper authorities hands are tied.

That’s one aspect red flag laws look to do, untie authorities hands in situations like this.

he posted online about shooting up the school

the feds can investigate parents speaking at school board meetings...

Last edited:
Raise Age of purchase and possession of firearms from 18 to 21 with the caveat of ability to purchase for military or law enforcement experience/engagement.

Back