Locked GUNDAM Live-Action Movie (Famed Comic Writer Brian K. Vaughan to Pen Script)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the world needs, is a Robot Jox reboot.

"Achilleeeeeees! I crush you!"

1-1.jpg

i'm ready for this. take my moneyyyyy

f7ea6da4a551be29c8fefb229ae8e112de88b2cf_hq.gif

What's funny is that the US already has its own O.G mecha series in Battletech/Mechwarrior, which has never had a live-action adaptation (or a decent TV series)

I like the writer but I have a feeling I am going to end up pretending this doesn't exist like the ScarJo Ghost in the Shell and just watching the source material.

Brian K Vaughan writing is actually really good news; Saga is a great American comic book and it gives me hope that maybe he's read the Gundam origin manga. An adaptation in that vein could be very successful.

As much as I want it to be awesome, I also won't be holding my breath. For one, the dude's never written a movie before. Talent in one arena of writing does not necessarily translate to another. Just look at Cormac McCarthy with The Counselor.

i read the manga of this. Prepare to be incredibly depressed.

nope its not even close to those eras, its in U.C.105

And no i dont want a live action from fucking hollywood. They will find a way to puss this move up, SJW it, fuck with the story an make is bitch made. So no stick with the animes, im holding out for a crossbone gundam

Hathaway is the son of the orig 0079 Gundam's White Base fortress space ship captain, so not exactly far removed from the 0079/Char's Counterattack era.

I read the Japanese Gundam creators are aware Americanized live action movies sucked, so they are going into this thing as creative partners since potentially big money is at stake and they don't want another Canadian live action Gundam stinker.

Hathaway is the son of the orig 0079 Gundam's White Base fortress space ship captain, so not exactly far removed from the 0079/Char's Counterattack era.

I read the Japanese Gundam creators are aware Americanized live action movies sucked, so they are going into this thing as creative partners since potentially big money is at stake and they don't want another Canadian live action Gundam stinker.

UC 105? hes 25 in that one.

UC 105? hes 25 in that one.
It's not so far disconnected like G Gundam from Zeta Gundam from SEED. It's the same enough era where there's some continuity. Name two Gundam series that are more connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back