"Guns for show, knives for pro's..."

Fire of Youth

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I like blades but never really had a nice one. I decided to get a nice one for christmas but I don't really know what to look for. I thought some of the guys on here could offer some good advice.

Basically, I want to get a knife that I could hunt with, fight with and cut up my meat at the dinner table with. Fisrt priority is practicality but I would also like something looks nice. What type of knives can some of you knifeman recommend?

Well, you pretty much locked yourself in something with 7" or greater fixed blade to meet all of those requirements. On a very extreme budget, the SOG tech bowie may work.

I like blades but never really had a nice one. I decided to get a nice one for christmas but I don't really know what to look for. I thought some of the guys on here could offer some good advice.

Basically, I want to get a knife that I could hunt with, fight with and cut up my meat at the dinner table with. Fisrt priority is practicality but I would also like something looks nice. What type of knives can some of you knifeman recommend?

http://www.cartercutlery.com/japanese-knives/neck-knives

If you're wealthy. Get the SOG if you aren't. Finn knows his shit, as usual.

I recently bought a blank that I'm gonna make a handle for, check out what else is available under "damascus steel"

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=damascus+steel&_sacat=0&_from=R40

look at this shit, its beautiful

e866hv.jpg

I recently bought a blank that I'm gonna make a handle for, check out what else is available under "damascus steel"

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=damascus+steel&_sacat=0&_from=R40

look at this shit, its beautiful

e866hv.jpg

Gorgeous. You make handles? I have some extra pieces of exotic woods I want to get rid of. Do you use African Blackwood, Lignum Vitae, Desert Ironwood, Snakewood, Verawood, etc. Let me know if you want some, I'll give away the smaller pieces. I see you're in Amsterdam, I go there often. Cheers.

I have a Tatang. Excellent knife for the money.

Gorgeous. You make handles? I have some extra pieces of exotic woods I want to get rid of. Do you use African Blackwood, Lignum Vitae, Desert Ironwood, Snakewood, Verawood, etc. Let me know if you want some, I'll give away the smaller pieces. I see you're in Amsterdam, I go there often. Cheers.

Im in California, I'll pay you for em. Send me a PM with some pics and your location. I'm layering veneers for this handle so that the contours show up in different patterns.

The 'hamsterdam' in my location is from 'The Wire'. It was a drugs-are-legal region of boston but the hoods didn't know what Amsterdam was so they thought it was called Hamsterdam.

ESEE makes a six inch blade I think. Check that out.

I'm leaning towards the kanetsune shinobi. Any of you guys have any experience with Kanetsune knives?

I'm leaning towards the kanetsune shinobi. Any of you guys have any experience with Kanetsune knives?

Not heard of it, but it's expensive. I don't like the looks of it personally, but that's obviously preference. I like something a little more utilitarian.

Back