Gustafsson postfight interview. Biggest class act in the sport!

Douchebag ???

oh, Gus is now the white knight to beat Jon Jones now.

Being humble doesn't win the belt son, Gus needs to train harder and hit the gym. I thought he was a better fighter then what I saw. We will see in his next outing because I thought he was a better fighter then what I watched on Fox or maybe its the elites Gus will have problems with.

Give Gus Machida

At this point Gus isnt ready for jones, He isnt ready.

Whatever man. He could put out jones cold for all you know.

I definitely don't think this was the best we've seen Alex. Being starstruck and having A LOT (maybe too much) respect for Shogun might be one of the reasons. He didn't look as relaxed and "smooth" as we're used to seeing him. Surely this could also be because he's never faced anyone as good as Shogun before. Speaking of which, Shogun hasn't looked this good since Machida II, right?

Either way, a great win for Alex, and I'm looking forward to seeing him improve even further!

Hes a like able guy, he took some good shots from shogun too and kept coming. After the fight though, I don't think he's ready for Jones. It'd be cool if he had 1 to 2 more fights first, would build up more hype if he won.

By the way am I crazy or was shogun's reach listed as 76" and Gus' was 76.5"? If that's true why do they say he has similar reach to JJ when he doesn't.

He is Scandinavian.
They generally are not too ****y. They tend to be really humble, almost withdrawn.

Any fan of the NHL knows that this is a common disposition among the Scandinavian players. There are exceptions of course, but for the most part, the Scandinavian players are usually reserved, humble, and polite.

Gus sure is a classy individual.

Hes a like able guy, he took some good shots from shogun too and kept coming. After the fight though, I don't think he's ready for Jones. It'd be cool if he had 1 to 2 more fights first, would build up more hype if he won.

By the way am I crazy or was shogun's reach listed as 76" and Gus' was 76.5"? If that's true why do they say he has similar reach to JJ when he doesn't.

They don't account the legs, Gustafsson has really long legs so that helps his reach. Plus he has narrow shoulders which doesn't make the reach accurate.

Shogun and Gus had the same arm length but as Joe Rogan pointed out Gus had much longer legs than Shogun which played a significant factor in his ability to cover distance better as well as making it so that Shogun had to fight his way inside in order to land anything.

They had the same arm length but having the same "reach" in this instance was misleading because it didn't take into account the fact that Gus had a significant height advantage due to his longer legs.

Seems like a good dude, but I dont think he has anything for Jones to be honest.

this guy is awesome, but jon jones is going to kick his ass.

i wish it wasn't true, but it is.

nice guy. I like him. He really took some shots that would have put most Lhw down. Jones will need to take him down in a hurry.

I was impressed with his chin tonight and quickness as per normal.

He probably shouldn't have gotten tagged so much with those telegraphed rights but he took them much better than I thought he would.

Would love to see him maul bones but still think he'll get taken down and elbowed or choked unfortunately...

Seems like a very genuine dude. I 'm a fan, inside and out of the ring. Looking forward to seeing how he fares against the champ.

Shogun and Gus had the same arm length but as Joe Rogan pointed out Gus had much longer legs than Shogun which played a significant factor in his ability to cover distance better as well as making it so that Shogun had to fight his way inside in order to land anything.

They had the same arm length but having the same "reach" in this instance was misleading because it didn't take into account the fact that Gus had a significant height advantage due to his longer legs.

Ah, good points didn't think about that.

Shogun is my hero, but i couldn't think of a nicer guy to beat him.

Back