Gustafsson Returns

Does anyone REALLY care? He will lose either his first fight back or second, and then retire again.

Was he an exemption to the testing pool like brock or did he never leave the testing pool? Because July aure as hell isn't 6 months since he announced his return.

I like Gus but he isn’t big enough or strong enough to survive at heavyweight.

Easy money don't last.

I hope his head is more like JJ/Gus-1. His last fights justified retirement. Which sucks cuz I was all in after the first JJ fight.

He almost ko’d DC.. don’t remember how well he was doing generally in the fight but he did almost finish DC I know that

Would you prefer a WMMA fight in its stead? I’ll take a Gustafson right.
Honestly depends on the fight. For example I'd much rather watch Amanda smash someone. Any other wmma I'd probably pass on tho

He'll probably look good and fast against Werdum and then get killed in his next fight by Black Beast or someone like Blaydes. Story of Gus' career.

Gotta feeling we're going to be saying, "Gus conned UFC," "Gus went to HW to pick up a check w/o having to cut weight," etc.

I hope he comes back strong he looked like a shell of his former self in Jones rematch

Werdum, physically, looked horrendous in his last - looked worse than his age ( 42 ).
If that werdum shows, Xander returns in the w column.

Who could Gus beat at HW? Current Werdum is a great match up for him.

Gustafsson coming for that the belt 2021, watch out Stipe.

MMA is probably the only sport where 95% of fighters retiring come back to fight a month later.
Although not a “sport”, very common in poker. Hell I retired atleast 5 times this year already.

Well my thesis that LHW's are superior to HW's will be tested. Always thought Gus could have won the HW title if he'd moved up. If Gus somehow reacquired his soul I think this is still true.

lol Shogun and Rogerio are fighting again on that card... 2005, 2015, and 2020.

Since DC vs Stipe is happening, Ngannou ain't got nothing to do. Set it up.

He'll probably look good and fast against Werdum and then get killed in his next fight by Black Beast or someone like Blaydes. Story of Gus' career.
For sure. Against Werdum, I’ll take Gus. Werdum looked like warmed over puppy shit against Oleynik. Gus is not easy to take down, and should get the better of Werdum standing. I think Gus wins a decision most likely, but possible TKO. But against Blaydes, or Overeem, I’d favor the heavyweights.
Damn, I didn’t realize how much I’d like to see Gus vs Overeem until just now....

Maybe this will help bring back the guy who took out Glover and pushed Jones to the limit. Sometimes a change of scenery can have that affect on a person. A win over a former HW champ would do wonders for his confidence, but Werdum looked like a shadow of himself in his return.

Back