Gustafsson WRECKS DC on Instagram

And Gus is popular for almost doing pretty well.

Where does he think these insults are coming from? Lol.

Know your role, chumpion.

And Jones is popular for the champion he was prior to facing Gustafsson.

Was really a changed man after that hospital visit. Slowed down the schedule, started the excuses instead of focusing on the philosophies etc.

He used to be a cool guy before he learned how painful MMA can be. At least Gus kept it clean to get in there again after every setback.

Gus' is a bit of a gobshite these days. His true colors are beginning to show.

He's gotten a pass for all the stuff he's done.

From his criminal record as a youth (including assaulting a Female, if I recall correctly) to getting his record tattoo triangle a half shade for the Jon fight because he didn't accept he lost. I mean...look, it was a close fight and at the time I thought Gus may have won but it's a bit lame to get your record tattooed on yourself anyway, but when you do it and decide to pull a move like that...it's a bit 'salty'. Imagine someone like Rockhold doing this, he'd never live it down. Just accept it, move on and prepare for the rematch/next shot.

As for #champsdefendbelts. DC has been an active defending champion, exemplary. He has fought whoever they put in front of him. When has he ever ducked a fight ?

He has ALREADY FOUGHT GUS and won. Nothing wrong with Gus looking to get back in there and give it another go but the shit he's coming out with is hilarious. DC isn't going on vacation, he isn't fighting a middleweight. He's going back up to HW to fight the reigning champion in a division above. Stipe has the record for the most consecutive title defenses in the HW division. This is hardly a bitch move. In fact it's a ballsy one. Much more ballsy than Anderson vs Griffin, McGregor vs Alvarez or GSP vs Bisping.

He's just off a title defense and is now already booked for a much more compelling fight than Gus. The only people who'd prefer to see the Gus rematch are Gus fanboys longing for him to become a champion. Gus...be quiet please.

alexander-gustafsson-tattoos.jpg

And Jones is popular for the champion he was prior to facing Gustafsson.

Cute stuff.

But I'd bet, the following events made him more popular. More headlines more news for doing coke then the night he beat up a swedish guy nobody remembers.

He's ignoring Gus and fought a lower ranked guy instead. While Gus fought the #3 ranked (Glover).

Then DC said that Gus didn't deserve a shot because he was gifted a TS in the past.
But the thing is, DC has also lost and then fought for the title once. And also became champ by default later after his second loss to Jones.

So he's just getting a bit tired of DC's smack talk and hypocrisy.

DC never lost to Bones a second time because the fight is a NC.

DC also beat Gus already and most people realize looking impressive against Glover is not really that special. He is only ranked as high as he was because of the painful stagnancies at HW and LHW.

Maybe if Gus did something to earn ANOTHER title shot like a Rumble rematch before he retired it would be hard to deny.

But I think just about every fan of MMA would rather see DC/Stipe instead of DC/Gus 2.

Cute stuff.

...the night he beat up a swedish guy nobody remembers.
That's ridiculous. Why would nobody remember him after those fights he's been in?

When half a million follow you on instagram then it's not like no one cares. He's still an appreciated fighter with most fans of MMA.

I wish Gus would fight 2-3x a year consistently and spend less time trying to fabricate drama.

<Fedor23>

It' funny how folks only now realize that gus is a total tool and has been so since the beginnng.

*pokes glover's eyes out, ko's him with a three punch combo while he is blinded.
* goes onto take another year of*

'Wow greatest fighter of all time, perfect technique'

Jones does the same thing =dirty fighter

Racism still exists

Gus just doesn't fight enough to deserve to talk so much trash.

He has one fight a year. His last big win was 4 years ago.

Gus just doesn't fight enough to deserve to talk so much trash.

He has one fight a year. His last big win was 4 years ago.
I think beating the #3 ranked Glover was a big win.

You don't have to agree, but remember it's only Gus and Rumble that have finished him so far.

Bader, OSP, Rampage, Cirkunov and so on didn't stand a chance vs Glover.

Gus' is a bit of a gobshite these days. His true colors are beginning to show.

He's gotten a pass for all the stuff he's done.

From his criminal record as a youth (including assaulting a Female, if I recall correctly) to getting his record tattoo triangle a half shade for the Jon fight because he didn't accept he lost. I mean...look, it was a close fight and at the time I thought Gus may have won but it's a bit lame to get your record tattooed on yourself anyway, but when you do it and decide to pull a move like that...it's a bit 'salty'. Imagine someone like Rockhold doing this, he'd never live it down. Just accept it, move on and prepare for the rematch/next shot.

As for #champsdefendbelts. DC has been an active defending champion, exemplary. He has fought whoever they put in front of him. When has he ever ducked a fight ?

He has ALREADY FOUGHT GUS and won. Nothing wrong with Gus looking to get back in there and give it another go but the shit he's coming out with is hilarious. DC isn't going on vacation, he isn't fighting a middleweight. He's going back up to HW to fight the reigning champion in a division above. Stipe has the record for the most consecutive title defenses in the HW division. This is hardly a bitch move. In fact it's a ballsy one. Much more ballsy than Anderson vs Griffin, McGregor vs Alvarez or GSP vs Bisping.

He's just off a title defense and is now already booked for a much more compelling fight than Gus. The only people who'd prefer to see the Gus rematch are Gus fanboys longing for him to become a champion. Gus...be quiet please.

alexander-gustafsson-tattoos.jpg

It was a female.

And old woman.

Imagine your old hunched grandma, wearing her babushka, walking home from mass with your kindergarten photo pinned to her purse...and gus punches her out and takes her money.

That's what happened.

It' funny how folks only now realize that gus is a total tool and has been so since the beginnng.

*pokes glover's eyes out, ko's him with a three punch combo while he is blinded.
* goes onto take another year of*

'Wow greatest fighter of all time, perfect technique'

Jones does the same thing =dirty fighter

Racism still exists

Its not racism. All of what you said is true, but gus apologist are just a loud minority. Dont confuse them with all whites.

Gus is good at keeping it close but even loses the twitter beefs.

I use to like Gustafsson but now, he's coming off as a douche. Talks so much shit about Cormier and Rockhold yet those two guys have won belts and he has yet to win jack shit.

This.

Scrolling down and about to write the same post pretty much word for word.
Most of the fans that Gus has were off the back that he was the anti-Bones Jones candidate.
He has won nothing but still talks like he is the people champion.
Rumble raped him and if you looked closely, Manuwa had him wincing badly from a body kick before Gus got a hail Mary knee to finish that fight.
Gus is believing his hype. Needs to win something for once in his life rather than life off the glory of a close fight with a weed smoking Bones.

Well, DC has a fight booked. Like, it’s signed, it has a date, a venue and they’re doing a TV show to promote it. Even if DC said “Let’s do this!”, the fight vs. Gustafsson wouldn’t happen until September/October at the earliest.

If he gets his way is Alex planning on sitting on the shelf until then? He last fought in May 2017. He’s fought five times since the Jones fight in September 2013. Jones, who spent 2.5 of those years suspended, in jail or unable to compete, has fought four times.

If Alex doesn’t fight this often already, I’d hate to see what happens if he gets the belt and holds all the leverage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back