Gym Idiots Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's revisit talking to chicks in the gym.

It's perfectly acceptable. Why wouldn't it be? Obviously, you just need to time it right. Mid set? Clearly not. In between sets? Sure, why not?

You can still focus on your training and say hello/start conversation with someone. It's not rocket science. Plus, you clearly already have something in common with her. Plus, let's be real, most chicks in the gym aren't in "don't fucking talk to me, I'm training and in the zone hardcore, bro" mode.

I hope you get reported to the authorities for harassment and put in jail for life where you belong, scum.

I don't approve of random people completely unrelated to me engaging in any sort of social behaviour that doesn't affect me in any way at the gym.

/jimmies seriously rustled

It's perfectly acceptable. Why wouldn't it be? Obviously, you just need to time it right. Mid set? Clearly not. In between sets? Sure, why not?

You can still focus on your training and say hello/start conversation with someone. It's not rocket science. Plus, you clearly already have something in common with her. Plus, let's be real, most chicks in the gym aren't in "don't fucking talk to me, I'm training and in the zone hardcore, bro" mode.

Pretty much this. I have friendly conversations with people in-between sets all the time. I take my training very seriously but I'm not a douchebag about it.

About the "hitting on chicks in the gym" topic, I thinkguys should be respectful about it and if a woman is making it obvious that she clean want to talk to anyone, then leave her alone, simple as that.

the trainers at my gym suggested to not arch my back while benching and to not wear chuck's taylors.

the trainers at my gym suggested to not arch my back while benching and to not wear chuck's taylors.

fuck that noise but then again its not really padded and if you drop a weight on your foot youre not gonna be in the gym as much

fuck that noise but then again its not really padded and if you drop a weight on your foot youre not gonna be in the gym as much

So... Wear steel toed footware to the gym?

Got it.

Not sure if srs.

So... Wear steel toed footware to the gym?

Got it.

Not sure if srs.

At the gym I go to there are signs that actually say "NO WORK BOOTS IN THE GYM".

I'm working in west texas and there are a lot of guys working in the oil fields and I guess they've had problems with them coming in straight from work and dragging their shit kickers through the place and getting everything super dirty and gross.

About the "hitting on chicks in the gym" topic, I thinkguys should be respectful about it and if a woman is making it obvious that she clean want to talk to anyone, then leave her alone, simple as that.

hitting on chicks in the gym...
dat feel when you get rejected and your too sad to do your sets.

I work at a gym, and am not allowed to wear Chucks while working.

WTF?
Seems like a silly thing to dwell on. But I am sure it has more to do with perception. Chuck Taylors are not the go-to shoe for training for the general purpose workout. They probably want you to look the "part" for whatever part that is...

Pretty much this. I have friendly conversations with people in-between sets all the time. I take my training very seriously but I'm not a douchebag about it.

No question. But I think the serious issue people have are the obvious douches being obvious.

I take my training seriously; but I definitely socialize at the gym, its like the only time to get this out of my system. I enjoy the conversation and camaraderie at the gym. I have even met those of the female persuasion and had lots of relations with many of them in all kinds of differnt ways. Some like straight up meat and potatoes, some enjoy from different angles, some have even offered access to places you w... sorry off topic here...

I just think playing the numbers game should be done at the bar, not the gym...

I work at a gym, and am not allowed to wear Chucks while working.

In LA its acceptable to wear Chucks with a suit in formal situations. You should be able to wear them when working at a gym and definitely should be able to wear them when training

Chucks banned in a gym? I thought only Planet Fatness had those kinds of rules.

Someone I know (I won't name names) thought for months that the cables at our gym were in pounds, not kilos. I guess she just assumed our cable machines top out at 97.5 pounds.

Because I'm so ugly I have to sneak up on a glass of water to get a drink.:redface: If a woman at the gym talks to me first, fine, I'll talk to her(after I've finished clapping her guide dog). But I'm not going to initiate the conversation.

I do have friends at the Gym, including several of the instructors, so I'm fine with having conversations with guys I know during training. But I'm not going Full Joey with the women.

"How you doin'?":):p

I'm not judging anyone else who wants to chat to women at the Gym unless they are clearly being a douche bag or, even worse, are talking to a girl while I'm waiting on them to finish in the Squat Rack etc. That should be a hanging offence...:icon_evil

Had a girl hogging the chin up bar doing some form of weird kip/swinging your knees up to your waist suspended thing. She was probably trying to work her abs or something.

Normally I'd use another one, but the it's used by a TRX couple (I know), so I politely ask her if I can work my sets in. She agrees, so I go and do my chin ups.

A trainer comes in and start hitting on her pretty badly. He's over 40 and she looks like she would get asked for ID buying alcohol. He fails miserably at trying to get her interested in "free personal training since he's free at the moment". She looks at me and tells him I was helping her out already and it was unnecessary. He looks at me and tells me it's against gym policy to give out advice without being a certified trainer. It keeps going like that for a very awkward length until he finally leaves.

She then tells me this guy has been hitting on her for over a month now and she pretty much told him to leave her alone any and all ways she could think of. She complained to the management and they warned him, but he keeps coming to her with "training advice".

After that, I saw the guy "giving out free training advice" to several young hot 20 something. Whenever he doesn't have a client, he looks for the nearest hottie half his age and have a go at her.

Creepy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back