MMA IAN

Aussie Pride World Wide
Platinum Member
Reaction score
0242B280-04AC-41D6-BB3A-A63CEB51C213.jpg
59189E39-AFEF-45CC-90C7-3DE3965577CE.jpg
1B02D6CE-3FE8-483D-A9B9-978337609436.jpg
CB222603-DCE5-45EA-A743-52538B859A33.jpg

This gonna be long fellas I need to get this off my chest. *update* dunno how I got pics to go at the end and don’t know how to rotate the ones I’ve got so yeah

Had this fella since I was 17 and I’m 32 now. He was by my side through my teenage years, moving out on my own, throughout my 20s and my early 30s. Basically my whole adult life. Been across Australia with me, was always there. Now he won’t be.l,

2 months ago he was still jumping in my ute and didn’t seem to have any problems. One day I noticed his lymph glands under his jaw were swollen and took him to the vet. They toook samples and it was lymphoma. They said dogs average 3 months with lymphoma. I couldn’t believe it. Seemed so short and he seemed fine. I understand now.

Within a couple of weeks his back legs were operating at 10%. Had to help him up if he was on anything slippery like wood or tiles. A couple weeks later he couldn’t walk to the lawn for a poo and back to the house without lying down for a rest in between.

I bought a harness thing with a handle I could put around him to take the weight off his legs. Worked well. In the last week his front legs went as well and he couldn’t even stand up without assistance although once up he could still do his business. It really hit home yesterday so I told work I’ll need a few weeks off to spend as much time with him as possible before I have to make any difficult decisions.

Apart from not being able to stand up he was fairly happy. Still loved food, perked up for new people, seemed mentally there so was a real struggle to consider putting him down when I could help him with the physical aspect. And I have been on about 3hrs sleep a night for the last month helping him in and out since he can’t hold his toilet trips as long as he used to.

He tried to hide himself deep in the Bush last night after I took him out for the toilet at 3.30am and when I found him I wondered if he was telling me something, but bought him back inside. Had a vet appointment for tomorrow.

This morning I woke up to find blood all over the floor. I thought he’d cut himself last night in the Bush but it was coming out of his nose. A lot. He was moist breathing. Just seemed over it.

Didn’t have much of a choice at this point. Took him to the vet early. I wanted to have it done at home peacefully but didn’t expect him to have issues like that.

I’m fucking shattered guys. Sitting on the verandah, cracked a bottle of single barrel and listening to skynrd etc.

Kuma last Christmas.
699A2C66-5792-407A-AE3A-897E17C5F83A.jpg

Attachments

• 72DDEC83-9F53-4888-902D-2DFEDF3ECA2D.jpeg
    72DDEC83-9F53-4888-902D-2DFEDF3ECA2D.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 14
  • D78A1ED4-C483-46DF-B504-FB033D327543.jpeg
    D78A1ED4-C483-46DF-B504-FB033D327543.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 7DA07E21-F63F-4B68-922F-B7356EA12963.jpeg
    7DA07E21-F63F-4B68-922F-B7356EA12963.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I had to do it when i was 18. It was WAY harder than i thought. Did it again a few yrs ago with the nxt dog.
Its never fuckin easy. First one lost to cancer,second one was debilitating old age,put her down as she wasnt havin fun bein alive anymore. Youll have to let time heal the wound as best it can.

Sorry for your loss. take him to a taxidermist. No need to get a new dog.

So sorry for your loss mate. Done it a couple of times too. Remember the good times you both shared and you'll always miss him but it does get easier with time x

I'm so sorry brother. Hate to hear this. The main thing to ALWAYS remember is that you gave him a wonderful life. Think not of what you are losing, but what your companion gained for all those years.

Love dogs but man do they fuck your heart out when they pass on. Sorry for your loss sherbro

Hang in there man . Sucks . When my dog died I never cried so bad . Sucked . It’ll get better eventually .

So sorry for your loss man, it's an absolutely awful thing to go through. He looked like a beautiful boy who probably lived an amazing life. Losing a pet is so much harder than non animal lovers or non pet owners will ever understand.

I lost my Maine Coon Obie (In my avi)on April 4th. He was diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma (cancer) On Feb 21st. I took a leave of absence from work to care for him 24/7, make sure he was getting his meds, and to just enjoy the time I had left with him. I still haven't worked since but go back Monday. I'm not ashamed to admit I've cried every day since. I'm so fucking depressed every minute of every day. I never expected to become that attached to a pet, but he was my best friend. I got him cremated in a nice engraved urn, paw prints in his colors framed, and a silver medallion to wear around my neck with his noseprint. He meant the world to me.

Take as long as you need to grieve and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Pets are family. I really hope you handle it better than I am, because 34 days later I'm still pretty broken and I just don't get why I'm taking it so fucking hard.

If you need to chat PM me. Again, sorry for your loss Sherbro.

Sorry to hear that man.
Putting my dog down was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Havent gotten another one since
It'll take some time to get through it.

RIP

Sorry bud. Hardest thing I had to do as well.

Sorry to hear this. Always sucks losing a pet

If it's any consolation TS your dog sounds like it was having a really tough time. You sound like you gave your dog the best life it could ask for. Sorry for your loss

Sounds like a good dog. That's all that really matters. Your dog walks the honored hall of good dogs for all eternity. It's ok.

Last edited:
Really sorry brother, its absolutely gutting.

My Rosie was diagnosed with lymphoma at 4 years old, we had almost 2 years with her after that thanks to chemo but it still destroyed my nerves when the time came.
Honestly, I still cry over it now 18 months on from time to time when something reminds me of her.

Getting a pup helped with the grief, especially since he's so different to her. It took me about 6 months to take to him completely but I wouldn't be without him now.

Sorry for your loss mate. All you can do at the end is shoulder the responsibility and let them go. Good luck

<mma1>

RIP Kuma you were the goodest boy ever.

Back