Hall vs. Hester - What Should Have Been

SuperBadAzz

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Can you imagine how awesome this fight would have been? Had Jon Jones not let his bias towards his training partner get the best of him, we probably would have gotten to see this fight. Hester was the harder worker & overall just a lot more talented a fighter than McDaniel was. So what if Jones would have went with his head instead of his heart?

I think Hester beats Akon Gracie much easier than Bubba did. Hester is stronger than Bubba & hits a lot harder. I think he advances to fight Uriah.

SO, now to the fight with Hall. Bubba comes in wild & gets smashed by a one-shot knockout after being very submissive leading up to the fight. It was obvious, even to Jon Jones that Bubba was never in this fight. Hester would have put on SO MUCH better of a fight (it's impossible to do worse). Clint spent the majority of his competitive career as a professional boxer. The striking in that fight would have been incredible.

WHY JON, WHY??

i agree.
Bubba was just a JOnes training partner for a long time now, Jones just like him and want to give Bubba a chance to see if he can become champion material, but Bubba suck and overrated.
he lose twice in TUF 17 now, sck to be him
one by tapping out, one by KO in like 10 secs by Uriah, poor Bubba.
he can't even beat Kevin Casey fairy but Kevin just give up because of kidney failer.

Yea, I blame Hester though for not manning up and calling Jones out on it!!

Hester quitting as soon as Hall gets his back?

Saw this thread on the side and thought it was about Dante Hall/Devin Hester who was the better kick returner

i woulda much rather have seen Hester vs Hall. Bubba went in there broken and got broken. easy for me to say though...im not the one that had to face Hall.

Saw this thread on the side and thought it was about Dante Hall/Devin Hester who was the better kick returner

haha...i see how you could make that assumption. Devin Hester was pretty dope though. doesnt he have the most return TDs in NFL history?

"Akon Gracie", love it.

Can we sneak an R in at the beginning of his name too?

logged in just to give props to the Akon Gracie thing
Good stuff TS, well played

Hester/Hall would be a great fightand I totally agree with you that Jones let his bias in the way of his pick. This was the same scenario as in season 12 when Koscheck got his trainingpartner the wild card instead of the guy who performed best. I hope they'll match-up Hester/Buba on the finale card so I can see Hester KO'ing Bubba

Excited to see Hester on the finale. Hopefully he fights someone who will strike with him, or at least someone who isn't as good a wrestler as Jimmy.

Excited to see Hester on the finale. Hopefully he fights someone who will strike with him, or at least someone who isn't as good a wrestler as Jimmy.

Luke Barnatt?

Both were first picks and are pretty good strikers.

Looks like someone has been watching the Tommy Toe Hold show. That's where that is from. Great reference. One of the best nicknames on the show. I like it even more when he calls him Super Akon. Either way both are hysterical.

Back