• Halloween H20 Twenty Years Later

• Halloween Resurrection

• Rob Zombie's Halloween

• Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

• Halloween '18

• Halloween Kills

• Halloween Ends

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been wanting a Michael vs Jason movie since I first discovered both franchises. I remember not long after, it dawned on me "What would happen if Michael Myers fought Jason Voorhees?" and my mind was blown by the thought of it. I've been hoping for that movie ever since. Done right, it could be wild!
I think Freddy v Jason was able to work somewhat well because one of them could talk. Also, I feel like you almost need to make one of them the “good guy” or someone who you can root for like they did with Jason.

Freddy has such an awful past with the kid thing & they almost made Jason a victim. I’m not saying Michael vs Jason couldn’t work but it would be so much more difficult.

I actually like all of Rob's movie. He's very good at casting and he's one of the few horror directors that make you care about the victims. His victims are almost always likable and don't deserve to die. In something like Halloween II, a simple of scene of two nice nurses cutting up is all you need to make you feel bad for them when they die. That is so missing from most horror movies.

Yeah, Halloween probably wasn't the best movie for his style. I think he would have done better doing a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. Still, I like his Halloween movies in an alternate universe kinda way. I can still love Carpenter's Halloween and view Rob's separately.

I actually like all of Rob's movie. He's very good at casting and he's one of the few horror directors that make you care about the victims. His victims are almost always likable and don't deserve to die. In something like Halloween II, a simple of scene of two nice nurses cutting up is all you need to make you feel bad for them when they die. That is so missing from most horror movies.

Yeah, Halloween probably wasn't the best movie for his style. I think he would have done better doing a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. Still, I like his Halloween movies in an alternate universe kinda way. I can still love Carpenter's Halloween and view Rob's separately.

I thought The Devil's Rejects was his best movie. It was a weird one...he did develop the victims as characters rather well and they were quite sympathetic and yet the movie itself seemed to be cheering for the killers and reveling a little bit in their sadism.

Poor old Geoffrey Lewis...

Wait you like ALL of Rob's movies? Did you watch The Munsters?

I thought The Devil's Rejects was his best movie. It was a weird one...he did develop the victims as characters rather well and they were quite sympathetic and yet the movie itself seemed to be cheering for the killers and reveling a little bit in their sadism.

Haven't seen the Munsters yet but it's on my watch list. I've actually heard good things from people that want a sweet/goofy movie. I think people expected too much from it. I didn't grow up with the Munsters though so I'll probably have a more open mind than most.

I hated the RZ movies until I sat and watched both with the commentary on. I still don't like them but he had some decent ideas, the pressure got him and of course studio meddling.

The style of filming he goes for is nice, im sure his time has passed but had he worked with the right people for dialogue and casting he could've latched on to more big projects.
I've heard a lot of people say that if Rob let someone else write his scripts he would actualy be thought of as a really good director. His talent is weighed down by his lackluster writing. He honestly writes like a 15 year old emo high school student.

Last edited:
I've heard a lot of people say that if Rob let someone else write his scripts he would actualy be thought of as a really good director. His talent is weighed down by his lackluster writing. He honestly writes like a 15 year old emo high school student.
100%, his writing is rough and it's worse that he writes every character mostly the same. I was in high school when the first RZ Halloween came out and I went with my mom to watch it, I sunk down in my seat for the breakfast scene lol.

100%, his writing is rough and it's worse that he writes every character mostly the same. I was in high school when the first RZ Halloween came out and I went with my mom to watch it, I sunk down in my seat for the breakfast scene lol.
That's how I felt for RZH2. I invited a few friends and family members and before long I was overcome with abject embarrassment. I remember literally sinking down in my seat.

That's why I like House so much better. Felt like Rob was too in love with his own characters in Devil's Rejects. They were almost presented like anti-heroes rather than killers. You're literally pushing back on the movie the entire time. I don't want to root for these characters and see them sympathetically eating ice cream as a family. I want to watch DDP and Danny Trejo beat their asses.

I know I've mentioned that. He's very good visually. His Halloween II, Lords of Salem, and Devil's Rejects are fantastic looking films and really all of his movies save for The Munsters (due to how cheaply digital it looks, should have shot on black and white film but I understand his budget was limited) look good. He also gets good or suitable performances out of a lot of his actors (though he chooses seasoned vets a lot of the time). Brad Douriff and Danielle Harris are both fantastic in Halloween II.

His concepts for the movies are fine, so as a plotter/script outliner he does an ok job, it's just the actual scripts themselves that are bad, particularly the dialog. He also tends to have at least one character in all of his movies that has the same look as Zombie himself and can't hold back from certain character looks (the whole "this character looks like they are straight from the mid-70's despite this being modern times" look). Some directors need to have people around them that can tell them no or at least question them and offer alternatives. Look at what happened when George Lucas had too many yes men, we got the prequels and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull; maybe if Zombie has people to reign him in a bit he'd have made some legit classics like Lucas did back in the day.

I've been wanting a Michael vs Jason movie since I first discovered both franchises. I remember not long after, it dawned on me "What would happen if Michael Myers fought Jason Voorhees?" and my mind was blown by the thought of it. I've been hoping for that movie ever since. Done right, it could be wild!

They are like two sides of the same coin, a bit too similar to work. They'd need to be a part of a larger crossover. Maybe Freddy fears Jason and knows he can't stop him alone after the events of their crossover so he manipulates events to get The Shape to face off against Jason; but in the end they both realize Freddy was doing this, they slowly turn their heads toward Freddy (hiding in the shadows reveling in his instigation), who has an "Oh shit, I'm screwed now!" look on his face and they end up tearing him apart then walking their own separate ways.

I liked the last 20 mins of Ends… his little rampage was fun to watch.

I think Freddy v Jason was able to work somewhat well because one of them could talk. Also, I feel like you almost need to make one of them the “good guy” or someone who you can root for like they did with Jason.

Freddy has such an awful past with the kid thing & they almost made Jason a victim. I’m not saying Michael vs Jason couldn’t work but it would be so much more difficult.

You shouldn't need to make one of them good or sympathetic. Make them both full blown heel. Keep it simple and don't add a bunch of unnecessary backstory bullshit like FvJ did.

FvJ was a dud in my book. Pure weaksauce. Instead of treating it with the same seriousness as ANOES 1-3 or F13th 1-5, they treated it more like a silly black comedy. It was lowest common denominator filmmaking for "how can we make this cool" instead of "how can we do this right". They couldn't even be bothered to film at any of the original locations, even though they set them there. They barely used any of the original musical cues, and barely even got the damn lore right. The movie didn't feel like it belonged to either franchise. It was like a weird MTV made for TV movie featuring extremely neutered versions of Freddy and Jason.
<{clintugh}>

The fucks couldn't even bring back Kane Hodder to play Jason.
<DisgustingHHH>

They are like two sides of the same coin, a bit too similar to work. They'd need to be a part of a larger crossover. Maybe Freddy fears Jason and knows he can't stop him alone after the events of their crossover so he manipulates events to get The Shape to face off against Jason; but in the end they both realize Freddy was doing this, they slowly turn their heads toward Freddy (hiding in the shadows reveling in his instigation), who has an "Oh shit, I'm screwed now!" look on his face and they end up tearing him apart then walking their own separate ways.
I know MvJ will never happen, but if it did, it's a problem I would like to have (as far as figuring out the story). They are extremely similar, but that's what makes it interesting to me. How do you take that and make it work, especially when neither talk.
<mma4>

Btw, I would totally be down for a Freddy vs Michael vs Jason movie. That would be badass.

Some cool artwork:
277777796_3551202555003437_6524551060289132497_n.jpg

04-Halloween-4-Autumn-artwork@guttergarbs.com.png

01-Halloween-4-Tonight-He_s-Back-Artwork-by-Sam-Coyne-@guttergarbs.com.png

61i6+67cSXL._AC_.jpg

274175472_3442667022523658_2138553799041018469_n.jpg

Danielle-Harris-Trick-Or-Treat-18x24_-Poster_1024x1024.jpg

0a03hr19nzcb1.jpg

I'm always excited for them to try again, but fuck, after the last three disasters I'm nervous for what comes next. Likely more dogshit based on their track record (I haven't truly liked a single movie since H20! That's 1998! --- and even H20 was kinda meh)

Last edited:
Yeah Michael is a great character but it might be time to put this series to rest.

Yeah Michael is a great character but it might be time to put this series to rest.
For at least a long time. Let us want it. We didn't get a live action Joker from 1989 to 2008. That's why it was a big deal. Now we have had 3 in the last few years, all in different universes with different sequels! Same thing with Halloween. Let it rest for like 10 years and then let me hear that theme again and get amped for another one.

0a03hr19nzcb1.jpg

I'm always excited for them to try again, but fuck, after the last three disasters I'm nervous for what comes next. Likely more dogshit based on their track record (I haven't truly liked a single movie since H20! That's 1998! --- and even H20 was kinda meh)
I love me some Halloween hell I even liked the Blum trilogy more than most. But they gotta let it rest for a while, get a very fresh and/or well thought out take on the story.

I don't want another retelling of Laurie/Michael, give us something new and something new that makes sense, find a way to make Michael Myers scary again which seems like the impossible task.

For at least a long time. Let us want it. We didn't get a live action Joker from 1989 to 2008. That's why it was a big deal. Now we have had 3 in the last few years, all in different universes with different sequels! Same thing with Halloween. Let it rest for like 10 years and then let me hear that theme again and get amped for another one.
I love me some Halloween hell I even liked the Blum trilogy more than most. But they gotta let it rest for a while, get a very fresh and/or well thought out take on the story.

I don't want another retelling of Laurie/Michael, give us something new and something new that makes sense, find a way to make Michael Myers scary again which seems like the impossible task.
I get where you're coming from, but god damn, I don't want to wait that long again. The wait between RZH2 and H'18 was 9 YEARS! As a massive fan of the franchise I found it to be absolutely unbearable. And what did we get for all that waiting? Dogshit. So I say it's better they get right back to it. After all, imagine.... Batman Begins came out 8 years after Batman & Robin, but that's not what made it good. What made it good was that it itself was genuinely good, regardless of the other films. Had Batman Begins come out a year after B&R instead of 8, I still think it would have been just the same sleeper hit it was, because of how good it was. (In fact, the previous Batman films were such shit that nobody initially seemed to care about Batman Begins. It wasn't until crazy word of mouth spread that it started to pick up steam). Word of mouth works wonders. The same could be true here.

Although I don't think we'll get a film until 2028 (50th Anniversary) I would love to have the next one out by 2025. And if it's good, then the absolute crap that came before it will be immediately washed away and we'll be excited again and all will be forgiven (the Batman Begins effect). But if it's dogshit.....fuck.... then hopefully that means the next iteration won't be too far around the corner after that. Realistically, the more films we get, the better the odds are of something finally good coming along. I mean, they can't keep striking out can they, with crap after crap after crap after crap? There's gotta be a good one again at some point.
geralt-geralt-of-rivia.gif

I shudder to think at how bad the F13th fans have it. 2009. Or even worse, the Freddy fans. 2010 if you count the remake. And 2000-fucking-3 if you count the last one with Robert Englund! And 1994 before that! That's horrendous!

So I say let's get this shit rolling ASAP.

Back