HALO Live-Action TV Series (Season 2 Teaser Trailer, post #296)

I won't watch the Halo series to see how bad it is.

However, I will watch a Halo superfan YouTuber humorously explain how bad it is.

So I guess John "died" and now Master Chief doesn't even talk.

<{hughesimpress}>

At least Makee won't be the Arbiter like I feared.

I would like to read the books on Halo, since you guys have mentioned that they are really good. I'll see if I can dig a link up online somewhere to read them. I am finishing up the Three Body Problem series at the moment, on the last book Death's End.
there are around 17 books in the halo universe. if you are looking for something to sink your teeth into troy denning did a trilogy on master chief and blue team which is really good. the first two take place during the covenant war and the third is after the events of halo 5.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DXMMWZ...s_s_aps_series_rwt_tkin&qid=1652991990&sr=8-1

halo glasslands and the kilo 5 trilogy is a good read for unsc and covenant relations post halo 3

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DYDS47...bs_s_ks_series_rwt_tkin&qid=1652992051&sr=1-1

forerunner trilogy is about the forerunners and their war with the flood

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YNY2V9...bs_s_ks_series_rwt_tkin&qid=1652992087&sr=1-1

Target had the Season 1 bluray for $35. Is this show worth rewatching?

Target had the Season 1 bluray for $35. Is this show worth rewatching?
giphy.gif

I'll watch season 2. As someone who played the trilogy and has read the books it makes no sense that they wouldn't follow the game story. There is so much lore and detail in the halo world. Everything is fleshed out.

It's as if the producers thought they could do better. They can't. They didn't. Fuck them. Fuck the writers that turned halo into a generic shitty sci Fi.

I'll watch season 2. As someone who played the trilogy and has read the books it makes no sense that they wouldn't follow the game story. There is so much lore and detail in the halo world. Everything is fleshed out.

It's as if the producers thought they could do better. They can't. They didn't. Fuck them. Fuck the writers that turned halo into a generic shitty sci Fi.

Par for the course in Hollywood these days.

They have total contempt for the intelligence of the general public and think that they can just totally revamp any IP and still turn the same profit.

The only way change will come is if people stop financially supporting this garbage.

The game story isn't really filmable at the quality viewers would demand on a miniseries budget. Not to mention that parts of Halo's lore are also unworkable (endorsing eugenics and child soldiers is s tough sell to advertisers and financial backers).

The game story isn't really filmable at the quality viewers would demand on a miniseries budget. Not to mention that parts of Halo's lore are also unworkable (endorsing eugenics and child soldiers is s tough sell to advertisers and financial backers).
The game story is literally better than what they came up with. The child soldiers were part of the show so I'm not sure what you mean by tough sell. It's literally a big part of the show.

The game story is literally better than what they came up with. The child soldiers were part of the show so I'm not sure what you mean by tough sell. It's literally a big part of the show.
I can agree for the most part on it. But you're talking filming extensive CGI for the Covenant and Flood, plus big battle scenes with lots of vehicles. That's not workable on even a Game of Thrones sized budget for TV. Not to mention there is no way you film an entire production where the main character is physically unable to emote. That's a non-starter, there is a reason Batman and Judge Dredd have masks that don't cover their entire face.

As in the lore pretty much all but flat out says that the UNSC are fascists and that Halsey is no better than someone like Mengel. And most video gamers don't really grasp that part or that the UNSC are not the good guys. You'd be trying to film Starship Troopers without the self awareness.

I watched about halfway and hope this isn't all about the girl with terrible haircut and bad attitude. Master Chief looks like Big John McCarthy in his prime. I feel like I've seen Soren somewhere before.

It is cool seeing the Spartans in armor.

Finished watching Season 1. Saw Season 2 is in the works.

Not having played any HALO, but watched a bit of the Japanese cartoon shorts, it wasn't the shittiest show I've watched. Not super good either. No idea if it was true to the video game.

I would watch Season 2.

Update: December 2, 2023

First Look Trailer for HALO Season 2; Premieres Feb. 8 on Paramount+

That's interesting, it looks like they're gonna skip the first game and go straight to the Covenant's invasion of Earth?

Someone really wants to be "REMEMBERED"

Well I remember season 1 and I will be skipping the next season, not good enough from production to writing to everything, too bad cause I like Pablo Schreiber. Also lol at Bokeem Woodbine's rubber hand.

Just watch Fallout ehem.

I read somewhere episodes are out on YouTube for season 1. May watch it.

Back