News Haney vs Ryan García DAZN PPV Golden Boy April 20th @ Barclays

Bob Arum and the higher ups in boxing wants to remove Ryan Garcia out of the limelight permanently because this is a tough matchup for him and another loss on his record only hastens the downfall of a lad who may/may not be mentally stable.

You'd need someone with the talent and grit of Lomachenko to beat Mayweather 2.0 and I don't think Garcia comes close to that level.

Bob Arum and the higher ups in boxing wants to remove Ryan Garcia out of the limelight permanently because this is a tough matchup for him and another loss on his record only hastens the downfall of a lad who may/may not be mentally stable.

You'd need someone with the talent and grit of Lomachenko to beat Mayweather 2.0 and I don't think Garcia comes close to that level.
lol..... Ryan called his own shot, he's an egomaniac, and he believes that Haney NOW is Haney from the ammy's...100% false assumption.
That said, I won't be surprized if the commission pulls Ryan's sanction on this one, in fact, it's likely the right thing to do.
I don't believe getting punched in the head for 12 rounds is going to do anything good for his mental stability.

Arum may be a cunt, but he isn't connected to this particular fight in any way. Haney is with Eddie Hearn/Matchroom, and Ryan is begrudgingly with Oscar DLH/Goldenboy.

Also, let me assure you, boxing wants and needs stars. The "higher ups" in boxing want Ryan to shine, but he's basically unmanageable, and from what I've seen uncoachable.
He needs to check his Ego at the door and do the work, he's got some physical gifts, but he isn't getting any better...and that's down to him.
He's got the money to go anywhere, and train with anybody, he just wont.

Ryan Garcia = Ryan Gracie? Coincidence? I hope that's the end of that comparison.

Some comments suggest that Ryan's yacked up in this interview. Can any experts here attest to that?

Wait -are you calling Haney -Mayweather 2.0?

Garcia could be a walking tragedy. I remember first kinda noticing a few years back and heres this good looking kid with a good skillset talking (what seemed to be) really serious on a podcast. I remember thinking, this kid must have a good head on his shoulders -if i had those looks and skills as a young boxer, i dont think id be talking about subjects with such a somber attitude. Looks like I took that seeming maturity for a budding mental condition. I see the guy now facing off with Haney screeching :"Wheres you MOTHER B***?!?!" over and over again half expecting the White coats to pull up in an Orange van and haul him off in a vest.

Wait -are you calling Haney -Mayweather 2.0?
I guess? He's got his philly shell and defensive boxing maneuvers dialed in about as well as Mayweather did (not the early Mayweather but the Mayweather in earlier/later years).

Haney even has that arrogrance to match a young Mayweather

But yea his defensive maneuverability is on point and his dismantling of George Kambosos (both times) were master class. Sure him not doing that well against Loma brings questions but Loma vs Mayweather was a fantasy matchup that we've all thought of way back

Last edited:
I guess? He's got his philly shell and defensive boxing maneuvers dialed in about as well as Mayweather did (not the early Mayweather but the Mayweather in earlier/later years).

Haney even has that arrogrance to match a young Mayweather

But yea his defensive maneuverability is on point and his dismantling of George Kambosos (both times) were master class. Sure him not doing that well against Loma brings questions but Loma vs Mayweather was a fantasy matchup that we've all thought of way back
Now if only Haney would pull give Garcia the Gatti treatment that Floyd did . . .

I really dislike Garcia lol. Everything about this fight including the "heated" exchanges reminds me of WWE manufactured drama. Nothing about this fight except for the masterclass Haney is going to give Garcia is real.

I have a really hard time rooting for either one of these guys. For a big fight like this I'm not incredibly excited for it.
yeah i dont really care either, ive decided. i waffled a bit the past few weeks thinking id watch it, but i will probably not.
will definitely be checking on here after the fact for the results.

this time boxing gets a black eye before the fight starts

the funny thing about the fight game--all this shit will be forgotten if excellence happens in the ring

being a boxing fan is almost like having Stockholm Syndrome

Back