"Hardcore MMA fans" don't like Ronda NOW because she has become the face of MMA

I think a new reason a lot of people don't like Ronda NOW is because she has become the most popular MMA fighter in the world. She has transcended the sport and has started to make it into Hollywood movies. All of this with less than 15 fights to her name. That's just impressive as hell no matter which way you look at it.

I also think a reason A LOT of people don't like her is because she has become the face of MMA. Yes guys, to the mainstream audience the face of MMA is a blonde, 5'6ish, white woman. This is true and just about everyone knows Ronda now. Hell she was LOVED in Brazil when facing a Brazilian. That says a ton right there.

She is also a woman and is a very good fighter at that. This has become a major part in why she is so loved now. She went into a sport dominated by men and came up as the biggest star there is. THIS is one of the reasons why she is so popular. A lot of people may think it's dumb, but its a proven point. THIS is also one of the reasons many people don't like her IMO.

Now I don't think she's the next coming of Christ and don't believe half the shit Rogan/Dana say about her. Hell I'm not even really a fan. I'm more of a Tate man myself lol, but you have to give credit where credit is due. Ronda is an amazing fighter, supremely talented, and has mainstream appeal.

To quote Dana White [When he's referencing Fedor]: How do we know she's great?

She hasn't displayed a single elite attribute outside Judo in the octagon. Her boxing is horrendous, her footwork is horrendous, her movement is horrendous, her stand-up defence is horrendous

mma fans just have to accept that mma is the only sport in the world where the best athlete in it is a woman. no girl in the lingerie league could beat an nfl player, no one in the wnba could beat an nba player, soccer, baseball, etc. but mma is a sport where a woman is the best

Ronda Rowdy is the face of MMA for all the wrong reasons. At least Gina was fine as f*ck. Listening to the UFC sell Ronda Rowdy as this demigod is why hardcore fans don't like her.

Best post I read in long while. Speaks volumes

Her popularity is due largely to her utilization by the media as a social or political statement. Girl power and whatnot.

mma fans just have to accept that mma is the only sport in the world where the best athlete in it is a woman. no girl in the lingerie league could beat an nfl player, no one in the wnba could beat an nba player, soccer, baseball, etc. but mma is a sport where a woman is the best

Exactly what I'm talking about in my above post

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that women actually fight in the UFC. Nevermind the fact that a woman is the most popular fighter in the UFC.

Has nothing to do with her being the "face" of UFC. My primary issue is all the casuals who are now MMA fans even though they aren't. The way she's promoted as the greatest fighter of all time, male or female, is sickening. And the casuals, who far outnumber the 'hardcores', are eating that bullshit up.

It's just disrespectful to all the all-time greats who made their names beating legitimate competition.

SO much hype for nothing to be honest. WMMA is so bad that it really shouldn't be in the UFC as far as product quality goes. But they figured they could make a buck out of it and that's where the UFC is now.

The days of only wanting the best fighters in the world to fight is over....it's now about entertainment and being trendy.

Women ruin everything.

They don't like anything that breaks their "if you do a and b, then c has to happen" mindset. Actually, the Internet doesn't like anything, period.

Being the "face of MMA" invites scrutiny that her competition can't stand up to, potentially casting MMA as a whole in a bad light.

A fighter like Bethe really should not have been in the cage with a fighter like Ronda.

Being the "face of MMA" invites scrutiny that her competition can't stand up to, potentially casting MMA as a whole in a bad light.

A fighter like Bethe really should not have been in the cage with a fighter like Ronda.

That's the worse part because most of those casuals who think Ronda Rowdy is the best ever won't bother to look up Bethe's record and fight history. If they do they will only see that she was 9-0, not that she fought really poor competition and barely skirted by even those girls.

Next the UFC can put Ronda up against unbeaten, 9-0, former boxing champion Holly Holm and the casuals will be even more impressed. The UFC will promote Holm as a top fighter with world class boxing and a legit threat to Ronda. The sad thing is that hardcore MMA fans created that monster by calling for Holm's signing because they thought she could beat Ronda, until they actually saw her fight.

ronda is okay but i wouldn't cancel out a saturday just to watch her fight. however if i was sitting on the couch looking for something to watch while eating dinner, i might watch her fight if nothing else is on.

We live in a world where a transgendered former reality TV character is one of the hottest things in the media, so it's no surprise the ufc/media also love to hype up a wmma fighter as one of the best athletes of our generation.

Personally I don't hate Ronda. I rather like her personality. However I will root for her to get violently ko'd every fight due to the ridiculous hype surrounding her.

i don't hate ronda,but she is a big fish in a shallow lake.do you ronda fans honestly think that she would be this impressive if she was fighting gadelha or jojed?

honestly i don't care if the fans and the media are naming her the GOAT of the universe, just don't call me a hater for being able to see beyond the hype.

she is very talented but the truth is that she looks formidable because wmma's talent pool is extremely poor. If her division had the talent of male's lw division she would lose a few fights.

"Fans" always hate dominant champs. Mighty Mouse, Cruz, Silva, Jones, GSP, Rousey. It's the "cool" thing to do.

lmao at people saying she is just a fad. She's amazingly good and her lack of decent competition isn't her fault.

Back