Hardest kickers in kickfighting today?

Obviously you'd be able to kick an opponent with crappy defense harder without the risk of being blocked. Although you clearly see Samkors kicks are extraordinary on the pads - not saying he's one of a kind. Pretty sure I've sensed his power in various golden age fights with legitimate opponents.

Obviously you'd be able to kick an opponent with crappy defense harder without the risk of being blocked. Although you clearly see Samkors kicks are extraordinary on the pads - not saying he's one of a kind. Pretty sure I've sensed his power in various golden age fights with legitimate opponents.
yeah and risk of being countered if you miss when kicking full power but this guy still has alot of power.

When kongsak and singdam fight foreigners the kicks don't look as hard to me as samkors

Last edited:
Why don't we talk about his kicks when the opponents are good? That's all. Tons of good kickers have come and gone but we don't view them like we do Samkor because they didn't fight cans in Japan. Woukd Samkor be mentioned in this thread if he never fought those cans? Of course not.

And I disagree with "a hard kick is a hard kick." Who you're up against surely matters. Why aren't streetball players all over the NBA? A crossover is a crossover. Whether it's against Billy or Lebron James, it's all the same. Mmm hmm
Him being brought up isn't really because he faced cans, it's that he has way more exposure. People are going to bring up what they have been exposed to. Not everyone is balls deep into the depths of Muay Thai like you are.

Sure it's more difficult to land hard kicks on better opponents but we're not talking about the craftiness of kicking were talking about raw power. You can gauge this to a degree on pads alone.

I take it this Kobayashi fella was mostly a kixkboxer? Maybe he wasn't a can at that, but he appears to be a can at Muay Thai.

I only forwarded random parts of the Namsaknoi fight and this Kobayashi was doing, or not doing things that suggest he's a can. Getting spun around effortlessly, ending up in poor positions, throwing off balance hip punches. Can type shit.

Kobayashi is a guy who we see now as being overrated in retrospect, but he's hardly a nobody. That 'can' KO'd the reigning Raja champ of the day and made it to the finals of the Toyota Cup losing to Buakaw.

Incidentally, my favorite thing about Samkor is that he got fat and old and still f'd around a young Yamamoto Yuya like he wasn't even trying.

Him being brought up isn't really because he faced cans, it's that he has way more exposure. People are going to bring up what they have been exposed to. Not everyone is balls deep into the depths of Muay Thai like you are.

Sure it's more difficult to land hard kicks on better opponents but we're not talking about the craftiness of kicking were talking about raw power. You can gauge this to a degree on pads alone.
He was always more of a knee fighter in the stadiums anyway

Kobayashi is a guy who we see now as being overrated in retrospect, but he's hardly a nobody. That 'can' KO'd the reigning Raja champ of the day and made it to the finals of the Toyota Cup losing to Buakaw.

Incidentally, my favorite thing about Samkor is that he got fat and old and still f'd around a young Yamamoto Yuya like he wasn't even trying.

He's somebody because he's not Thai. If he was Thai he'd never have been in any of these fights. Glorified can because of ethnicity.

He's somebody because he's not Thai. If he was Thai he'd never have been in any of these fights. Glorified can because of ethnicity.
You should make one of those sappy commercials for donating money to starving children, but instead for NakMuay that don't get enough recognition...

You should make one of those sappy commercials for donating money to starving children, but instead for NakMuay that don't get enough recognition...

"Every month, 12,000 nak muays are passed over by Liverkick rankings just for competing in an objectively superior sport..."

yeah and risk of being countered if you miss when kicking full power but this guy still has alot of power.

When kongsak and singdam fight foreigners the kicks don't look as hard to me as samkors

Because they're fighting more strategically for the most part. Samkor would step into his more or just walk into a kick and therefore more speed and power.

See the last kick compared to the previous kicks.

2:32, 2:35, 2:47. The kick at 2:32 especially. Samkor ever visually kick that hard? I haven't seen it. That recoil is outrageous.

That's a valid point, but that goes back to what I was saying about their being more exposure. I don't get why you are always so surprised when fighters that have more international exposure are brought up by people living internationally.

Buakaw is the hardest kicker ever

/thread

The hipster doucheyness is oozing. A hard kick is a hard kick weather it's against a can or a top guy. Samkor clearly has heavy impact with his kicks.

Thank you for sawing that, no idea what he was going off about on Kobayashi being a can.. The thread is asking who the hardest kick-fighters are, not "Who kicks the hardest only against A level competition at the stadium level".

I think Coca has a point though. Most thais that fight internationally look like god tier kickers especially southpaws who just slam body kicks in all day. That said Samkor was known as a great kicker in thailand......He has faced a pretty incredible level of competition and he was fairly one note as far as stadium fighters go http://www.siamfightmag.com/en/muay...ythai-en/thai-boxers-en/725-samkor-kietmontep

fought for a long time to, from Matee etc... at the tail end of the golden era to having two fights with Singdam, shame there is no footage that I know of, of those fights, it looked like Samkor should have got the decision the first time they fought.

Back