Hardest picture of all time

Unnecessary for me to claim its not a hard picture. Sorry Snolla. Everybody has their own opinion.

How could it not be Dan Severn and Don Frye. Coming TS that's weak

images
Damn. I grew a mustache just seeing this.
Men among boys

Almost worse was the way he just dropped Lyoto's body when the ref called it off.

Yea I remember that well - looked like something outta a movie honestly...

No, it's gotta be this one. This photo is just so iconic and seems to find its way into a lot of anti-MMA articles back in the late 2000s. Dunno if it's true but Joe Daddy apparently spent his life savings on this specific training camp and motivated Penn crushed him.
OPENINGPIC--espn_crop_exact.jpg

The finish of that fight was insane. Penn had completely run him over and was finally strangling him. Joe’s tap was sad but a relief.

I noticed a lot of MMA fighters I've met that are older, particularly with wrestling backgrounds waddle now that they're older, almost like their hips are fucked. Met Stevenson in Vegas and he was chubby and had a weird sway to his walk that made it seem like hip problems, he runs a gym somewhere now though. Dude had the fanny pack and seemed real goofy. Chuck I met in West Hollywood...he waddles really bad, Im assuming their hips are worn out and will need replacing soon, Chuck also was looking kinda fat and coked out of his mind...mumbled a lot.

Met Nate and Nick, they looked great and were really polite guys, definitely seemed socially awkward and anxious but very real and respectful. Nick was with a nice wholesome lady and they seemed happy too, Nick looked more muscular than I expected.

Anyways, the crying bloody mess reminded me of seeing Joe Daddy earlier this year.

Guys who played 3 or 4 years of HS football often have lasting injuries so it's not surprising that mma fighters are gonna be falling apart after a long career.

While bad hips could certainly be the problem, I'd say back, knees, sciatic nerve and even neck issues would be more commonplace. Of course CTE is always a concern.

The next 10-15 years are gonna be real ugly for these former MMA fighters who are in their 40s and 50s

Last edited:
I noticed a lot of MMA fighters I've met that are older, particularly with wrestling backgrounds waddle now that they're older, almost like their hips are fucked. Met Stevenson in Vegas and he was chubby and had a weird sway to his walk that made it seem like hip problems, he runs a gym somewhere now though. Dude had the fanny pack and seemed real goofy. Chuck I met in West Hollywood...he waddles really bad, Im assuming their hips are worn out and will need replacing soon, Chuck also was looking kinda fat and coked out of his mind...mumbled a lot.

Met Nate and Nick, they looked great and were really polite guys, definitely seemed socially awkward and anxious but very real and respectful. Nick was with a nice wholesome lady and they seemed happy too, Nick looked more muscular than I expected.

Anyways, the crying bloody mess reminded me of seeing Joe Daddy earlier this year.
Guys like Mark Coleman had to have a total hip replacement. IIRC it just came out recently Frankie Edgar had to have one too.

Bisping really made his own bed there. Somehow thought it would be an easy fight to go up against a retired WW.
Somehow he didn't figure that GSP being one of the GOAT contenders, fastly superior in technique, and extremely active in his retirement would figure into the equation.
He didn't care how easy or hard it was . Wanted the money.

Guys like Mark Coleman had to have a total hip replacement. IIRC it just came out recently Frankie Edgar had to have one too.

Ben Askren as well

Back