Votes: 2 13.3%
  • For the most part

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Hit and miss

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Hardly at all

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Even with that Tyson was never really a put your lights out puncher. Most of his stoppages were from punches in bunches where his opponent would go down but not out. Someone like Julian Jackson would put you out cold with one punch
Tyson was blowing away c level fighters, it's when he moved up and fought better fighters that the decisions started or the kayos that he had to work for. Not all of them, he was still able to put away the guys with no punch resistance quickly, (Spinks,Williams) but he was extended by the guys who could handle single punches from him, which were probably most of his defenses.

I point this out because I've seen a lot or prospects who kayoed 100 percent of their opponents and stopped doing so when they got into world class comp, some even ended up not even being seen as punchers at all (Milton McCrory is the best example I know of, look him up). It's also the reason why I'm extremely cautious about Wilder's power, he's not fighting anyone special. We can't compare him to the other great punchers with what's around. If you believe he'd be kayoing every single other era of fighters top heavies, you're delusional.

I'm a fan but no -- Inoue at S Tier? hell no. Watch a Tank Davis KO. Swap them immediately.

Mike McCallum told me a great story about Julian Jackson once. He said "he hit me so hard in the first round that i couldn't feel my legs and one of them started twitching. So I knew I had to knock him out quick in the second round or I was going to get knocked out."
the best quote i ever heard about how big a puncher someone was, was James Tillis talking about Shavers:

"He turned goat piss into gasoline, that's how hard that mothafucka hit. He hit me and I felt it in my asshole."

I'm a fan but no -- Inoue at S Tier? hell no. Watch a Tank Davis KO. Swap them immediately.
i don't know, tank is lighting up dudes who are moving up to face him.

naoya is moving up in weight and sending legit champions into the shadow realm. maybe tank's KOs look more devastating, but the level of competition isn't comparable at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back