Crime Harvard professor says ‘all hell broke loose’ when his study found no racial bias in police shootings

God damn, was that so hard? At the next chud cookout, you really gotta give your compatriots a good talking to about their complete refusal to read. It's getting embarrassing.
They're not the ones who condescendingly dismissed the study with rhetorical questions that were answered in the very study one is so effetely accusing others of not reading. That would be you. You just did it, here, again.

I love how you just make shit up.

On the first page I broke down a huge hole in the methodology of the study.

So no, it's not based on nothing? I'm sorry that you lack the brain power to critically analyze research.

The author of the study said that his findings are not indicative of broader national trends. Are you going to comment on that? Or just selectively pick and choose what matters to you? The words of the studys author don't matter to you. The gigantic holes in the studys design don't matter to you. Nothing matters to you ASIDE from the misrepresented headline?

No I'm just going to laugh at you making an ass of yourself yet again.

Oh, so you DONT have a broader critique of US policing? That last post was just a desperate pivot and now you're going right back to the explicit racism? Dangit. I thought a chud was going to have something interesting and useful to say today. There's always tomorrow!

LmpwZw

I really have no idea how you managed to translate this:

A 2019 study by Princeton University political scientists disputed the findings by Fryer, saying that if police had a higher threshold for stopping whites, this might mean that the whites, Hispanics and blacks in Fryer's data are not similar.[24] Nobel-laureate James Heckman and Steven Durlauf, both University of Chicago economists, published a response to the Fryer study, writing that the paper "does not establish credible evidence on the presence or absence of discrimination against African Americans in police shootings" due to issues with selection bias.[25]

Into this:

LOL. To translate, Heckman and Durlauf offered, "Well, if we manipulated his data not to reflect the reality it reflects, instead pretending the world conformed to our liberal ideological notion of what policing should be, rather than what it is, then the conclusions of his study from the data would be invalid."

That's some of the most irresponsible scholarship I've seen in a while. I can't believe they went on record saying this. Because they are contending that despite if the police had a "higher threshold for stopping whites" this would have no effect on the number of citizens shot-- which would then affect the ratios. They're theoretically changing one number while asserting it has no potential to change another.

Shame on them.

Heckman and Durlauf only have one partial sentence quoted, where all they ultimately say is the study was not able to confirm or deny anything because of selection bias.

Princeton University isn't even quoted, wiki just says they question if the study has usable data because of poor research design.

Lol, so the tenured Harvard professor who's been there for nearly 20 years, authored 50 papers, awarded a MacArthur genius fellowship and John Bates Clark medal, by pure coincidence, just happened to be accused of the only misconduct that requires no evidence and had his lab shut down right after publishing a paper debunking a racial grift? Did he also run a gang rape ring in high school and shout "this is MAGA country"?

<36>
That's quite the conspiracy. Unfortunately, your timeline is way off. Strange, since you obviously found his wiki - to find what awards he won. Harvard received complaints against him and his research lab was shutdown over a year before he published this paper.

Also funny you accuse him of exposing racial grift, when in fact he dishonestly played the race card to cover up the dozens of sexual harassment allegations from coworkers made against him! Is it opposite day?!

Note he also was involved in violations regarding grant spending and lab finances.

He goes pretty far in downplaying it in his actual papers. He calls it "the most granular data," says it is "far from a representative sample of police departments," and also adds "we need more and better data."

With all that in mind, I'm wondering what was the point of publishing it at all? Just to stir the pot?

Perhaps the fact that he was suspended without pay from his job had something to do with his decision to publish it.

Negative. He published first. (working paper appeared July, 2016)
Here is the paper:
https://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

Initial accusation was made in 2017, and the hearing resolved in Fall 2018.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/14/business/economy/harvard-roland-fryer-sexual-harassment.html

The board decided to re-open the hearing in 2019, and Claudine Gay decided to suspend him.

Here is the paper:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/14/business/economy/harvard-roland-fryer-sexual-harassment.html

The board decided to re-open the hearing in 2019, and Claudine Gay decided to suspend him.
Indeed. If we are going to speculate about motives surrounding his dismissal, it would appear far more likely that the overwhelmingly liberal staff at Harvard, deeply chagrined by the truth that Fryer's study honestly conveyed, formed a conspiracy to weaponize #metoo against the man to demean him, and hopefully his study by extension.

Despicable if true. And we've seen #metoo used in this fashion so many times it's quite credible.

The study found that police were more than twice as likely to manhandle, beat or use some other kind of nonfatal force against blacks and Hispanics than against people of other races.

Looks like he still found some pretty troubling data

You should really bother actually reading articles instead of just headlines and immediately rushing to reaffirm your biases that already existed

Here's an admission from the study itself
"There are no systematic datasets which include officer involved shootings along with demographics, encounter characteristics, and suspect and police behavior. We compile a data set on officer-involved shootings from ten locations across America"

God DAMN - that's a pretty fucking big problem with the study's design isn't it? They don't have a dataset on officer involved shootings that includes demographics??? They compiled their own data from 10 American cities? Who is doing that compiling? What data are they selecting?

Tell me you've never stepped foot in a college classroom without telling me you've never stepped foot in a college classroom

"Hurr durrrr, me see headline that confirms what I already believe. Me believe headline instantly"
86ab6942c40e86b38bee4f7109f90070.gif
Probably explains why some of his colleagues didn't think he should publish the study. 10 cities leaves out a whole lot of nuance and variation. The experience of people in small towns, different cultural areas of the U.S., the difference of policing in mixed areas vs largely white or largely black areas....the fact that it's a one study claiming the opposite of what dozens of other studies have claimed....the list goes on.

That's quite the conspiracy. Unfortunately, your timeline is way off. Strange, since you obviously found his wiki - to find what awards he won. Harvard received complaints against him and his research lab was shutdown over a year before he published this paper.

Also funny you accuse him of exposing racial grift, when in fact he dishonestly played the race card to cover up the dozens of sexual harassment allegations from coworkers made against him! Is it opposite day?!

Note he also was involved in violations regarding grant spending and lab finances.
Nope. He published the paper in 2016, first complaint was right after in 2017, they had their kangaroo court meetings and it was shut down in 2019, by you guessed it, race grifter, DEI hire and noted plagiarist Claudine Gay, who was Dean of the arts and sciences department at the time.

A lab employee first filed a Title IX complaint against Fryer nearly two years ago, alleging he created a hostile environment in EdLabs and had committed “egregious” acts of verbal sexual harassment. In the next several months, two more Title IX complaints, a financial investigation, and a now-closed investigation by the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination followed. The New York Times reported that, at the close of the first Title IX investigation, Harvard found Fryer engaged in six of 32 counts of “unwelcome conduct.”

Here is the paper:

Well, might be pedantic, but a working paper is not a formal publication. It's a work in progress, subject to revision, and generally not advertised to the public. The paper was actually published in June 2019.

There were multiple investigations. The first one found he violated university policy on several occasions. They have text messages, where he's asking female colleagues if they're jerking anyone off tonight, so hard to claim he's being framed here.

There were also multiple witnesses claiming he was sticking his groin in womens' faces at work.
That was a second investigation, again with text messages as evidence. Where's he talking about wanting to tackle female coworkers and bite them and shit.

He didn't even deny it btw. He said the tackle and bite thing was just a "black thing" and claimed he was being singled out because of his race. The woman, who was black, said "no, it's not."

As I mentioned, the investigations also revealed he violated policies over the lab's finances. So, it wasn't only over sexual misconduct anyway.

But, I know our chuds and their persecution fetish. So, they're just gonna pretend he was punished for his paper, which doesn't even say what they want it say anyway. Whatever. Just another day in the War Room. Nothing new under the sun.

Probably explains why some of his colleagues didn't think he should publish the study. 10 cities leaves out a whole lot of nuance and variation. The experience of people in small towns, different cultural areas of the U.S., the difference of policing in mixed areas vs largely white or largely black areas....the fact that it's a one study claiming the opposite of what dozens of other studies have claimed....the list goes on.
It wasn't even really 10 cities. It was mostly just Houston, and he relied on the Cop's own stats.

"For his study, Fryer collected data about police-involved shootings from 10 law enforcement agencies — Houston, Dallas, Austin, Los Angeles County and six cities or counties in Florida. Although he drew some conclusions from all 10 data sets, Fryer relied mainly on Houston's because it was the most complete."

Well, might be pedantic, but a working paper is not a formal publication. It's a work in progress, subject to revision, and generally not advertised to the public. The paper was actually published in June 2019.

There were multiple investigations. The first one found he violated university policy on several occasions. They have text messages, where he's asking female colleagues if they're jerking anyone off tonight, so hard to claim he's being framed here.

There were also multiple witnesses claiming he was sticking his groin in womens' faces at work.

That was a second investigation, again with text messages as evidence. Where's he talking about wanting to tackle female coworkers and bite them and shit.

He didn't even deny it btw. He said the tackle and bite thing was just a "black thing" and claimed he was being singled out because of his race. The woman, who was black, said "no, it's not."

As I mentioned, the investigations also revealed he violated policies over the lab's finances. So, it wasn't only over sexual misconduct anyway.

But, I know our chuds and their persecution fetish. So, they're just gonna pretend he was punished for his paper, which doesn't even say what they want it say anyway. Whatever. Just another day in the War Room. Nothing new under the sun.

Just say 'oh I was wrong, my bad.'

Save yourself some time and embarrassment.

It wasn't even really 10 cities. It was mostly just Houston, and he relied on the Cop's own stats.

"For his study, Fryer collected data about police-involved shootings from 10 law enforcement agencies — Houston, Dallas, Austin, Los Angeles County and six cities or counties in Florida. Although he drew some conclusions from all 10 data sets, Fryer relied mainly on Houston's because it was the most complete."

So the cops falsified the data? Who's the conspiracy theorist now?

Back