Has Amazon ever locker ****** you?

Never, but Walmart & FedEx left my package outside my work when I never gave them that address and the only way they could have known was if they googled my work phone number. That really pissed me off because anyone could have stolen it.

Also, right now, an Amazon order arrived in my state and the post office and no status update in about a week. Clear indication of lazy assholes or it was stolen. How the fook does it take less transit time than sitting somewhere in my state time?

Also, they say USPS is losing money. They should have been smart and developed some sort of easy locker package drop off system so for a small fee, people who don't have PO Boxes could on the fly direct their package to a USPS locker for pick up where a USPS employee doesn't even need to do anything.
USPS has lockers (that are not exclusively for Amazon), but only if you have a PO box or you have them somewhere at your residence, typically attached to or near a unit with locking mail boxes.

I never had Amazon switch my default address. If anything, it's more likely in a mad rush trying to complete the order before it sells out, I may have quickly clicked the wrong thing like once where I initiated Prime trial by mistake. Actually I think that time the default was to accept the free trial and I had to click otherwise.

I also recently saw something in the news where in Japan they are starting to deliver to lockers citing shortage of delivery drivers and it's quicker for them to drop off a bunch at one centralized locker for people to go fetch from. That would suck if you ordered something heavy and inconvenient to carry back home.
Yeah, I already figured the mistake was likely on your end, lol. Highly unlikely two different delivery services are googling your work number and delivering your package there when it's not the intended address. That requires extra labor, and may not even be on their routes. They've probably a shit-zillion other deliveries to make, they're not going out of their way to make their jobs more of a pain in the ass.

There's also about a million things that could've gone wrong with that order. Amazon uses cheap tape for their boxes and their smaller packages rip open easily. Shit, even water could've smeared the bar code.

I get all my packages sent to work... there is always somebody there to receive. Porch pirates can eat a bag of dicks.

But... if you lived in a neighborhood with high package theft, I can see them doing that.

I also have a garage door opener that you can let Amazon open and leave the package inside the garage......... NOPE, gotta turn that feature off.
just a little fact about porch piracy, the drivers are assumed responsible and if the numbers get too high they'll get fired. I'd guess that maybe one out of 30-40 packages gets stolen. I've seen videocams get some of the people on film and oddly, many of them are white women, not some dusky hued thug.

I wasn't aware that they have lockers. They have been very good at delivering to my house. The only screwups I've had were when they sent it by mail and the mail carrier must have been dyslexic and transposed the numbers. I'm at 2240 and the package was left at 2204.
They don't need to be dyslexic when they deliver mail and parcels to 500+ addresses a day. You 100% will make the occasional mistake, I've had other people's shit delivered to me from multiple services.

USPS has lockers (that are not exclusively for Amazon), but only if you have a PO box or you have them somewhere at your residence, typically attached to or near a unit with locking mail boxes.

Yeah, I already figured the mistake was likely on your end, lol. Highly unlikely two different delivery services are googling your work number and delivering your package there when it's not the intended address. That requires extra labor, and may not even be on their routes. They've probably a shit-zillion other deliveries to make, they're not going out of their way to make their jobs more of a pain in the ass.

There's also about a million things that could've gone wrong with that order. Amazon uses cheap tape for their boxes and their smaller packages rip open easily. Shit, even water could've smeared the bar code.
Bullshit. It was a lazy FedEx guy who didn't want to hand off final leg delivery to USPS, so googled my work phone number. I specifically picked PO Box because they supposedly use the FedEx variant that passes off to USPS and had successfully previously ordered to PO Box from Walmart. Just can't trust Walmart fulfillment.

A couple of times Amazon box arrived and their moisten adhesive box tape wasn't even stuck on and was never moistened. Those guys have no pride in their work. A fooking snake could have gotten in the box.

I'm aware of PO Box USPS lockers. I recently got a key and couldn't tell what locker number it was because they couldn't be bothered to write the # clearly with their fat permanent marker. A few times USPS tracking said parcel locker, but those USPS workers never left me the key and put the key in someone else's box. Luckily I know they are supposed to keep a log of which PO Box they give parcel locker keys to and got an employee to get my package.

Bullshit. It was a lazy FedEx guy who didn't want to hand off final leg delivery to USPS, so googled my work phone number. I specifically picked PO Box because they supposedly use the FedEx variant that passes off to USPS and had successfully previously ordered to PO Box from Walmart. Just can't trust Walmart fulfillment.
Maybe but that'd be odd and perhaps giving the driver too much credit to even think it through that far. If he has to go to USPS anyway it's only adding work not subtracting it. Also, where would he get the idea to google your work? There's not even a guarantee that address is on the same route which would make even more work for him if he's not already going there or really close to it.

A couple of times Amazon box arrived and their moisten adhesive box tape wasn't even stuck on and was never moistened. Those guys have no pride in their work. A fooking snake could have gotten in the box.

I'm aware of PO Box USPS lockers. I recently got a key and couldn't tell what locker number it was because they couldn't be bothered to write the # clearly with their fat permanent marker. A few times USPS tracking said parcel locker, but those USPS workers never left me the key and put the key in someone else's box. Luckily I know they are supposed to keep a log of which PO Box they give parcel locker keys to and got an employee to get my package.
Amazon pushes their workers inhumanely hard and pays like shit. Does everything on the cheap.

The key not having the locker number is laziness, they should have that marked better.

a fooking snake? the nerve!

Maybe but that'd be odd and perhaps giving the driver too much credit to even think it through that far. If he has to go to USPS anyway it's only adding work not subtracting it. Also, where would he get the idea to google your work? There's not even a guarantee that address is on the same route which would make even more work for him if he's not already going there or really close to it.

Amazon pushes their workers inhumanely hard and pays like shit. Does everything on the cheap.

The key not having the locker number is laziness, they should have that marked better.
I'm saying FedEx delivered to work when it was supposed to go to USPS PO Box. There's a reason they ask for phone number with delivery address. They never called, but just dropped it there.

a fooking snake? the nerve!
If the box isn't competently sealed, fooking skunk could have gotten free trip to Hawaii.

You know what actually? An Amazon employee could have left it unsealed to smuggle some crystal meth in there for his USPS buddy to intercept before delivery.

I'm saying FedEx delivered to work when it was supposed to go to USPS PO Box. There's a reason they ask for phone number with delivery address. They never called, but just dropped it there.
Okay but if he is going to that usps facility that day (like it's likely a daily drop-off on his route) it's actually more work to deliver it elsewhere unless it's
A)On his route
B)He's already going there or close by
C)You're the only or one of a small handful if last mile parcels that are also on his route and he for some reason isn't going to that usps facility at all

Anything else logistically makes no sense and adds work

I just recently moved until our new home is bull but Amazon even delivered to my rural area address with a long, hidden driveway you can’t see the home of.

I met the guy coming out and chatted for a bit. Guess he lives a few km down the road from me, is retired and bored. Going to miss you buddy…

For the time being, I’m living at my uncles cottage very close to my old home. My stuff is sent to my moms address now so she can criticize how much stuff we buy on Amazon.

if there's no instructions, i think the default is naturally the front porch. many of these drivers ain't too bright though, probably most aren't native speakers/readers either. Which, sometimes people throw me in that category without knowing me then I got to get mouthy with them. Lord, i need a new job, shit is thankless. And people are soo fucking stoopid. just today i had a package delivery from Apple (it was from ubereats which also has a side package delivery thing) i got this forty pound package in my car, took it to the apt. no code, no instructions on getting in apt, so, i call her, she says she'll be down in 2 minutes, I wait about 15. Call back, she asks if i can come up, i come up knock on the door and no answer, i take that shit back to the store and waste alot of time doing it. it's cute, she acted like she didn't speak english until i cancelled the order then she called and left a message that would make obama proud. I think it may have been a scam that they were trying to get a comp monitor for nothing, thinking I might leave it without a signature. I took the shit back. Still don't know what her deal was but it was sketchy and probably something fraudulent.
I confirm that most drivers don‘t speak German or English (i live in Germany).

I requested a locker delivery a couple weeks ago, it was nice, you don't have to worry about some fuckhead taking your package or needing to be present to recieve it. It was easy, first time but I think I'll do that more now.

some things are just not as easy to find in the grocery stores as they were five years ago, it beats going to five stores and not finding some tinactin nut powder or something.

Yea if you have a lot of theft in your area I get it. I don't have a problem with that but I know some areas are worse than other.

As far as finding it locally I honestly just look online now. Most stores tell you if you they have it in stock or not. Some even have maps of the store and will tell you what isle the item is on.

Amazon once again sent used item recently and wasted my time.
Fuck that company.

Yes, but they asked before hand and gave me ten dollars off my order.

Amazon once again sent used item recently and wasted my time.
Fuck that company.
I just got what initially looked like an empty box, but realized the plastic packaging was one of those where you can reclose it where someone could have tampered with it or could be used and it opened and emptied into the shipping box. No idea if I'm missing any contents.

I didn’t even know that was a thing. There are Amazon lockers? Kind of like post offices? How about they just deliver the shit to the post office instead?

Also, I still don’t know what “Locker*****” is, but I just assume it’s “Locker c&nt.”

Walmart stores used to have lockers near the door for people to put their oversized bags inside to reduce chances of shoplifting. I once considered leaving something in there for someone to pick up, but there's the problem of how do I pass off the key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess_bjj
Back