Has any fighter ever been punched in their windpipe?

trilla

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I was wondering if this ever happened in a pro fight that resulted in injury, tko or even just a fighter feeling it and getting phased? It seems like a hard shot to land, but something that can do some damage.

Is that legal? Seems like it would be tough to prove it was on purpose. What if you did like a karate chop though.?

I was wondering if this ever happened in a pro fight that resulted in injury, tko or even just a fighter feeling it and getting phased? It seems like a hard shot to land, but something that can do some damage.
Its highly illegal and this is the only know pro fight it happened.
roadhouse-throat.gif

Costello van Steenis talked about attacking the windpipe as his favourite move. He also said it was an illegal move.

Is that legal?
Nope, specifically illegal to target the windpipe in any way, which prevents fighters from manipulating it with the fingers. Of course punches miss the target sometimes, but it seems like getting hit there accidentally is not scary dangerous or we'd hear about the worst sometime, in or out of the cage...ever. I guess the body is good at bracing up and protecting that area especially when you're trained. But it's good it's banned. Sometimes fighters brace their forearm across the neck.

Guram got finished by that Brazilian training partner of Charles and the sequence started with a hook to the neck. It was brutal

That was a shot and a half in the neck too lol.

Back