Has the UFC ever been this messed up?

NorrisB

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
HW: Good fight with Brock but how is the UFC going to keep him from testing positive? Overall talent is so bad that no one is complaining about Brock getting a TS even though he hasn't won a fight in 8 years and probably wont even make it to the octagon thanks to USADA.

LHW: No one wants to fight Gus in this division, but he barely fights anyway. Horribly weak division from top to bottom, the Champion is refusing to fight the number 1 contender and instead wanted to fight a washed up Shogun.

MW: Whittaker hurt yet again out until 2019, gifted Romero a title fight when he couldn't make weight, and he missed weight so Whittaker didn't even defend his belt. We wait for Bisping to have not one but two money fights against non contenders and then Whittaker doesn't even have to defend the belt. Still probably the only interesting division right now with Costa, Rockhold, Weidman, Gastellum, Whittaker and Romero as solid contenders. Would be even better if the UFC paid up for Mousasi.

WW: Basically a disaster, they strip Colby 1 month after winning the interim, give a title shot to a guy that missed 170 by 4 lbs last time, won a close decision in a point fighting style that featured more fist touches, nods, winks and hand shakes than strikes! This boring contender will now face the most boring champion in UFC history! YIPEE!

LW: Khabib, Tony and Conor have totally destroyed any excitement over this division, Khabib has been notorious for pulling out in his career and is constantly hurt, won the title against Al IaQuinta 3 months ago and still no fight lined up. Tony and Khabib have been scheduled to fight each other endless amounts of times but one of them always seem to back out. Conor is basically retired after winning the title and making no effort to defend it. Pay Conor WME, you pay $3,000,000,000 so you can be cheap and trot out Khabib vs IaQuinta?

FW: Holloway has now pulled out of 3 title fights and perfectly safe from punishment

Not to mention all the mediocre WMMA that gets shoved down our throats, I need a break from UFC.

Last edited:
trump2.jpg

Fighters want Gus, Gus doesnt want to fight fighters.

Ferrtitas conned WME narf !!!

it's a mess.
will watch regardless, but only the big fights.
I'm nothing but a filthy casual now :(

Shits on WMMA and doesn’t even mention the stacked 135 pound division or dominance of Mighty Mouse.
<DisgustingHHH>

There's still plenty of good fights to be made and watched, but OP isn't far off as far as the divisions people actually care about being a bit of a mess.

HW: Good fight with Brock but how is the UFC going to keep him from testing positive? Overall talent is so bad that no one is complaining about Brock getting a TS even though he hasn't won a fight in 8 years and probably wont even make it to the octagon thanks to USADA.

LHW: No one wants to fight Gus in this division, but he barely fights anyway. Horribly weak division from top to bottum.

MW: Whittaker hurt yet again out until 2019, gifted Romero a title fight when he couldn't make weight, and he missed weight so Whittaker didn't even defend his belt. Probably the only interesting division right now.

WW: Basically a disaster, they strip Colby 1 month after winning the interim, give a title shot to a guy that missed 170 by 4 lbs last time to face a champ that hasn't defended in over a year.

LW: Khabib, Tony and Conor have totally destroyed any excitement over this division, Khabib has been notorious for pulling out in his career and is constantly hurt, won the title against Al IaQuinta 3 months ago and still no fight lined up. Tony and Khabib have been scheduled to fight each other endless amounts of times but one of them always seem to back out. Conor is basically retired after winning the title and making no effort to defend it.

FW: Holloway has now pulled out of 3 title fights and perfectly safe from punishment

Not to mention all the mediocre WMMA that gets shoved down our throats, I need a break from UFC.

ufc is doing just fine.

wow that's what i call a shitty thread, so much stupidity in this post..

MW: Whittaker hurt yet again out until 2019, gifted Romero a title fight when he couldn't make weight, and he missed weight so Whittaker didn't even defend his belt. Probably the only interesting division right now.

I need a break from UFC.

I think you need a break too.Some mma fans have these expectations so high that they can't appreciate any thing that has to do with the sport.I find it a bit funny and a bit sad.Another sad thing is most threads are someone crying about something.

Well..... There's more to UFC than title fights is all I would say

Back