Has the UFC lost their streak of selling out their events?

Dimbis

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
After Covid, the UFC went on an impressive streak where they were selling out every arena they held events in. Dana White used to announce their streak at the post fight press conferences. I haven’t heard him mention the streak again. Does anyone know if they’ve kept it going or when the streak ended? (If it did end)

Google says 298 , 299 , and 300 ( all sell outs ) broke records...

UFC 300

• 20,067, a new record for a UFC event at T-Mobile Arena
  • UFC’s sixth consecutive sellout in 2024 and the eleventh straight sellout dating back to October 2023

Google says 298 , 299 , and 300 ( all sell outs ) broke records...

UFC 300

• 20,067, a new record for a UFC event at T-Mobile Arena
  • UFC’s sixth consecutive sellout in 2024 and the eleventh straight sellout dating back to October 2023
Thank you! That surprises me. The September card before this streak started was Strickland vs. Adesanya UFC 293 which was in Australia. I’m surprised it wasn’t a sold out even with Izzy on the card.

Edit: My information is incorrect. UFC 293 sold out in 13 minutes. Strange that the article only goes back to October.

No if anything tickets are selling out faster, even when the UFC comes to my hometown of Glasgow Scotland the tickets sell out in 12 hours even though we know we are getting 2 top 15 fighters in main event and the rest of the card stacked with Scottish lads who only us who follow smaller shows will know. Any number event will sell out in an hour or two because they happen in big arenas in fight towns

The ufc generated $1.3B in revenue in 2023. Gate sales are 15 or 20% of that. It’s weird DW announces live gate sales in the post fight as if that’s the premier indicator of sales success for the company. Yet, they regard POV sales as top secret and haven’t released those numbers in years.

After Covid, the UFC went on an impressive streak where they were selling out every arena they held events in. Dana White used to announce their streak at the post fight press conferences. I haven’t heard him mention the streak again. Does anyone know if they’ve kept it going or when the streak ended? (If it did end)
If UFC gave tickets to the families of the fighters on the card instead of asking them to leave once their fighter has fought, the arena would at least appear to be full

<Y2JSmirk>

A sellout implies the UFC undercharged for their tickets.

Don’t let Pink Goof fool you, they give away a bunch of seats to make every event appear to be sold out.

I'm honestly surprised. Out in the "real world" MMA definitely seems to have fallen off in popularity vs. say ten years ago. I virtually never see anyone talking about it, hence why I have to virtually hang out with you assholes to get my MMA talking fix. LOL

Real world sports has fallen out of popularity because it involves lots of stress, money and stimulation. At this point in the 21st century only a certain sort of people go to live sporting events on a consistant basis. Your average person on the street will only go to a live sporting event once or twice a decade. People aren't opposed to going but once they do they are very unlikely to be a repeat customer.

No if anything tickets are selling out faster, even when the UFC comes to my hometown of Glasgow Scotland the tickets sell out in 12 hours even though we know we are getting 2 top 15 fighters in main event and the rest of the card stacked with Scottish lads who only us who follow smaller shows will know. Any number event will sell out in an hour or two because they happen in big arenas in fight towns

Dude I’ve heard them Glasgow boys are putting major work in and the MMA scene is super strong over there, we’ll be seeing a lot of Scottish talent fairly soon.
I was even considering coming to check it out

"sold out crowd!"

then then you see a big sections closed off like he's cordoning off a crime scene.

images

<[analyzed}>

^ It's not even just that sections are closed off... which they are.

They said UFC 297 in Toronto was sold out, meanwhile you could go to Ticketmaster and see that lots of tickets were still available.

I don't know about the rest but I guarantee 301 wasn't sold out. They kept talking about the crowd and the place was empty. I've never seen a Brazil card that empty and I wonder why.

like people are saying here, there are lots of ways to ensure you're able to say an event is "sold out", you can manipulate the hell out of that any way you want (giveaways, blocks of seating, buybacks etc). i doubt they would ever actually admit that an event wasn't sold out, they'll always figure out a way to say otherwise.

300 wa epic and, as we saw recently, Principal Lewis is the freaking man.
However, by in large, as of late, the cards have pretty much sucked hot balls.

Dude I’ve heard them Glasgow boys are putting major work in and the MMA scene is super strong over there, we’ll be seeing a lot of Scottish talent fairly soon.
I was even considering coming to check it out

Brother there's a gym 2 minutes down the road called the Griphouse and just a few years back they had James Doolan, Paul McVeigh, Joanna Calderwood to name a few but the whole gym was full of Top European ranked fighters but only Joanna broke into the UFC. I believe Paul McVeigh would have got into the TUF house but lost his fight to get in but he had so much going on in his life he couldn't possibly have been even 80%
Defo come to a MMA night in Glasgow because the noise is incredible

Are they real sell outs or partial capacity sell outs??

UFC has definitely blacked out upper tiers, then claimed "sell out" by selling out a limited portion of seating in the past.
That is selling out .....

Back