Has your stock in AJ gone up or down after this Fight?

Point is, this used to actually be a basic normal skill level but now its supposed to be impressive. Standards have really dropped.
Standards have been lower for a long time inclusive of the Klitschko era. All things considered it was a fairly impressive display of boxing from AJ over 12 rounds despite Ruiz being limited in versatility. Doing the basics well (that is, better than your opponent) with the correct tactics often tends to be the real difference maker whether it's at the elite-level or at the lower regional levels.

AJ demonstrated versatility in his approach through pre-fight strategical and tactical adjustments. He didn't have to make any major mid-fight adjustments because he already had them worked out ahead of time. He established control immediately and maintained it. This fight is a good example of superior gameplanning application and execution. Keeping a fight 'long and boring' is a time-tested winning strategy provided the tools and discipline are there to not deviate from the plan.

Entertainment-wise, on AJ's part, this was extremely conservative classical boxing used to spoil. Entertainment aside, it was a dominant performance that sets up high profile PPV showdowns with Wilder and Fury in the near future. That's what fans should really care about.

Entertainment aside, it was a dominant performance that sets up high profile PPV showdowns with Wilder and Fury in the near future. That's what fans should really care about.

If the fight doesn't happen it's clear to me why.

The Ring Magazine rankings are pretty good so how many wins over top 10 opponents do the current top HW's have?

Fury - 0
Wilder - 1 opponent twice.
Ruiz - 1
Joshua - 4
Whyte - 1
Ortiz - 0
Povetkin - 0
Parker - 1
Kowmacki - 0
Pulev - 0

So Joshua has beaten as many top 10 fighters as the rest of the top 10 have done combined. Joshua is up for a challenge and has fewer fights than all but Kowmacki. The others are all fine with beating the likes of Christian Hammer.....

I wasn’t sure he was going to make the proper adjustments or be mentally prepared to emplacement them. He proved that he can learn from a loss and fight smart. Hats off to him.

If the fight doesn't happen it's clear to me why.

The Ring Magazine rankings are pretty good so how many wins over top 10 opponents do the current top HW's have?

Fury - 0
Wilder - 1 opponent twice.
Ruiz - 1
Joshua - 4
Whyte - 1
Ortiz - 0
Povetkin - 0
Parker - 1
Kowmacki - 0
Pulev - 0

So Joshua has beaten as many top 10 fighters as the rest of the top 10 have done combined. Joshua is up for a challenge and has fewer fights than all but Kowmacki. The others are all fine with beating the likes of Christian Hammer.....
Yeah, AJ does currently have the best résumé in the division. Reviewing the other guys' résumés is rather underwhelming. Wilder has 10 title defenses and you could argue that only two or three of them are actually worth anything. AJ's only a little over 20 fights into his pro career but has fought a number of top guys already. Even Wlad didn't start fighting top level opposition until he was over 30 fights deep. Just looking at world title fights though Fury's résumé is impressive because, excluding any lineal champion claims, he's only had two official title fights but both were very significant against Wlad and Wilder. His competition post-Wilder however has been terrible.

Joshua's stock went up. It was his most clinical performance. He's fully capable of beating anyone.

wtf is he going to do against Wilder?

Ruiz = short, quick hands, combos, hooks, body work, great chin
Wilder = Tall, 1-2s, poor on the inside, fairly telegraphed, rocked multiple times.

I think stylistically Wilder beats Ruiz too, but its two polar opposite styles that require different approaches. People say AJ cant handle Wilders power, but Wilder himself has been rocked by guys like Washington and Molina. AJ likely hits harder than anyone Wilder has faced, negates Wilders height/reach and just looks like a more skilled, versatile boxer. I'm not sure how Wilder reacts to some of the shots AJ landed on Ruiz in both fights. Ruiz just seems extremely durable.

Wilder = Tall, 1-2s, poor on the inside, fairly telegraphed, rocked multiple times.

I think stylistically Wilder beats Ruiz too, but its two polar opposite styles that require different approaches. People say AJ cant handle Wilders power, but Wilder himself has been rocked by guys like Washington and Molina. AJ likely hits harder than anyone Wilder has faced, negates Wilders height/reach and just looks like a more skilled, versatile boxer. I'm not sure how Wilder reacts to some of the shots AJ landed on Ruiz in both fights. Ruiz just seems extremely durable.
yeah people keep running their mouths about how AJ can't beat wilder or fury, and i don't really see why.

wilder throws swinging shit, and the few times he actually did throw something clean, he knocked fury down. joshua throws cleanly all night, i don't see why he couldn't land on fury - and while he doesn't quite have wilder's power, he does hit really fucking hard.

and fury, for all the hype surrounding his skills, does get hit when his opponents actually know what they're doing.

AJ has the technique to beat wilder and the power to beat fury. none of these fights is easy to predict, but people sell joshua short for really odd reasons.

So AJ shows he’s more than a stiff ko artist and his stock has dropped. Fckin laughable salty fans

I actually give him half a chance against fury lighter and more mobile. Doesn’t matter against wilder, he ain’t dancing around for 12 like fury. He needs to get inside and knock him out before he gets knocked out

yeah people keep running their mouths about how AJ can't beat wilder or fury, and i don't really see why.

wilder throws swinging shit, and the few times he actually did throw something clean, he knocked fury down. joshua throws cleanly all night, i don't see why he couldn't land on fury - and while he doesn't quite have wilder's power, he does hit really fucking hard.

and fury, for all the hype surrounding his skills, does get hit when his opponents actually know what they're doing.

AJ has the technique to beat wilder and the power to beat fury. none of these fights is easy to predict, but people sell joshua short for really odd reasons.

he lost to ruiz so he’s now a can! Ruiz is also now a can because he lost the rematch. Most boxing fans are fckin idiots!

I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion but I'd probably favor this version of AJ over Wilder and maybe even Fury. Despite his flaws he's the most complete package in the division at the moment. What Fury lacks in power he has in both hands. What Wilder lacks in skill he has at every range.

It's difficult to see Fury just boxing circles around him and dancing away from danger for 12 rounds and Wilder has to spark him early or else he risks getting sparked himself (and AJ outpoints him if it goes the distance). Whoever lands clean first in that one most likely wins, it's a toss-up.

Christ people on this site are dumb. "He was running the whole time". "Boxing sucks lol".

He won in an almost perfect fashion. He summed it best when he said "boxing is about hitting and not getting hit" at the end of the fight during the ring interview. Not every match will be a slugfest ending in a KO. Not like the UFC didn't have its fair share of boring ass fights either(Tyron Woodley I'm looking at you). Also this farce of a fight that was Phil Davis vs Ryan Bader. People are either ignorant or just plain trolling.

Wilder got rocked and fought on and won. AJ got rocked and mentally quit. Big difference

Wilder got rocked and fought on and won. AJ got rocked and mentally quit. Big difference
AJ's been rocked and won before and he's fought better competition while doing it, dude. Did you only start watching AJ fights when he lost to Ruiz or something? Watch the Wlad fight. Also, getting knocked down 4 times in a row by a 270lbs guy and getting up every single time isn't quitting lmao

Mentally quit, then came back and won at least 10/12 rounds, in the rematch, against the guy who beat him.
Man, what a mental midget AJ is.... LOL

AJ's been rocked and won before and he's fought better competition while doing it, dude. Did you only start watching AJ fights when he lost to Ruiz or something? Watch the Wlad fight. Also, getting knocked down 4 times in a row by a 270lbs guy and getting up every single time isn't quitting lmao
So he didnt fight on and win vs Wlad, Povetkin and Whyte?

You're giving Wilder credit for not getting finished by Eric Molina, Gerald Washington and Harold Sconiers
Mentally quit, then came back and won at least 10/12 rounds, in the rematch, against the guy who beat him.
Man, what a mental midget AJ is.... LOL

lol.

Look at these fuckin casuals lol. Go back to the MMA forum, I'm not dignifying this nonsense with a response.

As for his stock, its definitely gone up. It takes balls to go into an immediate rematch against a guy who KO'd you, completely change your gameplan, your physique, mentality etc, and win almost every round.
Ruiz is no scrub, as now everyone is saying ( considering on here, he was #2 HW in the world behind Wilder , only last week ).
AJ done what he had to do, and it was a class performance.

Anyone who thinks Wilder can beat AJ moving like that, is deluded.
Fury, I think, poses a bigger threat to AJ, in terms of being able to outbox him over 12 rounds.

But lets face it, Wilder is the only one of these 3 who shouldn't be holding a belt right now.

Back