Have a "Boney Boney" Christmas to the heavy crew.

I'ma go ahead and post this, bc, somehow, it's the greatest live performance of all-time, even though they're pulling a Milli Vanilli. Boney M. GOAT, fakes a performance and STILL changes the world.

They didn’t just pull a Milli Vanilli. Boney M was the original.. The exact same guy invented both groups. Except supposedly Boney M actually did sing live in concert. But I think this performance of this song is Farian’s vocals.

The group "Boney M" was originally just Frank Farian singing in a deep voice, backed up by himself singing, overdubbed, in a falsetto chorus. When one of his songs became a European hit, Farian hired performers to "front" the group on television: Jamaicans Liz Mitchell and Marcia Barnett, Maize Williams from Montserrat, and Bobby Farrell from Aruba. And, while the lineup changed through the years, it was well-known that Farian still sang all the male leads in the studio, and Maize Williams didn't sing on the records at all, "since her voice wasn't suited for this kind of music" (producer Farian's words).

So, only two members of the group sang on the records, although all four members sang on-stage, in concert. And, the band's concert sound was further enhanced by backing vocalists.

Numerous sources state that this was a common practice within the disco genre, and no one really cared in the 1970s...unlike when Farian did the same thing with Milli Vanilli in the 1980s.
Milli Vanilli quickly became one of the top pop acts of the late '80s, until it came out that Fab Morvan and Rob Pilatus did not sing the songs. Both were model/dancers that Frank Farian had found in a Munich, Germany dance club.

They didn’t just pull a Milli Vanilli. Boney M was the original.. The exact same guy invented both groups. Except supposedly Boney M actually did sing live in concert. But I think this performance of this song is Farian’s vocals.
All I know is that the day brought me to this point, and I'm not upset about it.

Screenshot_20231223-135702_YouTube.jpg

Wow. Mind blown lol

For some reason I got reminded of this banger:

The comment basically explains it to you. I love it lol

He's like if Shaft was a performer instead of a detective or whatever. Like if the song Papa was a Rolling Stone was anthropomorphic.

Love that they all are having the time of their life, authentically. All on beat, really feeling it. No fancy camera shit either, low tech, high quality vibes and creativity.

Your second sentence: Anthropomorphic, like, he literally brings the song into motion with his body. He embodies it, yea? Very cool. Totally uninhibited and stylish.

Love that they all are having the time of their life, authentically. All on beat, really feeling it. No fancy camera shit either, low tech, high quality vibes and creativity.

Your second sentence: Anthropomorphic, like, he literally brings the song into motion with his body. He embodies it, yea? Very cool. Totally uninhibited and stylish.
Yeah, anthropomorphic means like a tangible embodiment of an idea, something that doesn't actually exist on the physical plain. I imagine that he had the time of his life lol. Crowd was into those live performances, he set it all off.

Back