Have the ufc matchmakers forgotten about UFC234?

Apart from the main and co main this is a PUTRID card so far in terms of what a ppv should be.

Main two fights are epic

Robert Whittaker vs kelvin
Anderson vs styler bender

The rest of the card not so much i say this with no disrespect intended towards the fighters and this does not necessarily reflect talent.

The whole idea of a PPV is you pay to view something... i.e that product generally should be of a certain quality with recognized names that people would like to see.

135 lbs.: Wuliji Buren vs. Jonathan Martinez

- i would put this as the 1st fight of a fightnight card on fightpass prelims

Jim Crute vs. Ryan Spann

- interesting fight between prospects but not main card worthy.

Kai Kara-France vs. Raulian Paiva

-interesting fight between prospects but not main card worthy

Montana De La Rosa vs. Nadia Kassem

- i would not even put this fight in the ufc let alone a ppv.

Austin Arnett vs. Shane Young-

-Fightpass fight

Rani Yahya vs. Ricky Simon
- prelims ppv

Teruto Ishihara vs. Kyung Ho Kang
-fightpass bitchs

I agree with and have always said never judge a card before it happens. No names generally put on very entertaining fights...yes but that is a totally different argument. At the end of the day apart from the top 2 fights this is a subpar fightnight card e.g fight night adelaide just gone

Junior Dos Santos vs.Tai Tuivasa
Mauricio Rua vs. Tyson Pedro
Mark Hunt vs. Justin Willis
Jake Matthews vs. Tony Martin
Suman Mokhtarian vs. Sodiq YusuffJim Crute vs. Paul Craig
Yushin Okami vs. AlexeyKunchenko
Wilson Reis vs. Ben NguyenKeita Nakamura vs. Salim Touahri
Elias Garcia vs. Kai Kara-France Early Mizuto Hirota vs. Christos Giagos
Alex Gorgees vs. Damir Ismagulov

Yes the card is not finished. Who is free to fight though?

Last edited:
Wow that fight card falls off hard. A heavyweight bout and a contender bout would round it off better. I hope Silva pulls off the miracle

UFC has treated us Aussie fans like crap ever since the only decent card UFC 110.

Dana's words after announcing the Middleweight Title Fight "Aussie fans are awesome, the place will be packed and we will have a card stacked top to bottom"

WTF, this card on paper is TERRIBLE. Main are co-main are SOLID, rest is regional MMA at BEST!!!!!!!

UFC has treated us Aussie fans like crap ever since the only decent card UFC 110.

Dana's words after announcing the Middleweight Title Fight "Aussie fans are awesome, the place will be packed and we will have a card stacked top to bottom"

WTF, this card on paper is TERRIBLE. Main are co-main are SOLID, rest is regional MMA at BEST!!!!!!!

I am genuinely surprised that more people aren't making a big deal out of this.

Apart from the main and co main this is a PUTRID card so far in terms of what a ppv should be.

Main two fights are epic

Robert Whittaker vs kelvin
Anderson vs styler bender

The rest of the card not so much i say this with no disrespect intended towards the fighters and this does not necessarily reflect talent.

The whole idea of a PPV is you pay to view something... i.e that product generally should be of a certain quality with recognized names that people would like to see.

135 lbs.: Wuliji Buren vs. Jonathan Martinez

- i would put this as the 1st fight of a fightnight card on fightpass prelims

Jim Crute vs. Ryan Spann

- interesting fight between prospects but not main card worthy.

Kai Kara-France vs. Raulian Paiva

-interesting fight between prospects but not main card worthy

Montana De La Rosa vs. Nadia Kassem

- i would not even put this fight in the ufc let alone a ppv.

Austin Arnett vs. Shane Young-

-Fightpass fight

Rani Yahya vs. Ricky Simon
- prelims ppv

Teruto Ishihara vs. Kyung Ho Kang
-fightpass bitchs

I agree with and have always said never judge a card before it happens. No names generally put on very entertaining fights...yes but that is a totally different argument. At the end of the day apart from the top 2 fights this is a subpar fightnight card e.g fight night adelaide just gone

Junior Dos Santos vs.Tai Tuivasa
Mauricio Rua vs. Tyson Pedro
Mark Hunt vs. Justin Willis
Jake Matthews vs. Tony Martin
Suman Mokhtarian vs. Sodiq YusuffJim Crute vs. Paul Craig
Yushin Okami vs. AlexeyKunchenko
Wilson Reis vs. Ben NguyenKeita Nakamura vs. Salim Touahri
Elias Garcia vs. Kai Kara-France Early Mizuto Hirota vs. Christos Giagos
Alex Gorgees vs. Damir Ismagulov

Yes the card is not finished. Who is free to fight though?
people are paying to view israel vs silva and whittaker vs gastelum. thats all they really need to sell a card so its not surprising that they didnt stack it to the brim. they know its gonna do good regardless. im not saying its good but its the fact

also americans dont want to fly for 18 hours to fight someone when there is a card 7 days later in their own country. its not the UFC disregarding australia like idiots on here think. its the fighters not wanting to come here

Anyone understand what they are doing with 233, I know its cancelled but says will be rescheduled at later date. WTF does that even mean. Why wouldn't 234 just become 233 and so on? They gonna squeeze 233 in between 235 and 236?

probably just means they will hold an event at that location soon, not so much actually as 233

people are paying to view israel vs silva and whittaker vs gastelum. thats all they really need to sell a card so its not surprising that they didnt stack it to the brim. they know its gonna do good regardless. im not saying its good but its the fact

also americans dont want to fly for 18 hours to fight someone when there is a card 7 days later in their own country. its not the UFC disregarding australia like idiots on here think. its the fighters not wanting to come here

I agree with everything you are saying.

Back