Have you attended a UFC event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to a few, Toronto, Montreal and Vegas.

My biggest issue is lack of visibility into the cage. I was ringside for the Toronto and Montreal events (company boxes) and you can't see shit. Pretty much everyone in the arena watches the jumbotrons. cage is hard to see through, you have camera men on stools all around the outside, the posts, the ref etc. If you aren't exactly where guys go to the ground you can't see them at all.

Frankly I've been an MMA fan since UFC 1 but if I actually had to pay for live tickets, I wouldn't go. Hell of a lot easier to watch it on my 85" tv at home with friends or at a bar.

Have you gone to watch UFC fights live? If so what event(s)? Is there anything that surprised you about seeing it all in real life?
UFC 128, UFC 205, UFC 217.....
Most surprisng thing at 128 was how good Jones was. Up until then I didn't understand how far ahead of the pack he was. At 205 the Garden was at least 1/3 Irish. It was something to see how Conor brought so many people with him to New York. The Irish fans made me realize the draw he was. It was really mindblowing that night. At 217 I was surprised at how popular GSP was after leaving the sport for a while. Honorable mentions to Wonderboy for getting out of the Woodley choke. I thought he was done. He's tough and the crowd (including me) went crazy. Rose beating Johanna at 217 (Thug Rose). I was waiting for my ride at about 2:00 in the morning and ran into Forrest Griffin. We started talking about how great an event it was. He couldn't stop talking about Rose.

Just one so far.

UFC172 Jones v Glover

It was a great card overall. Had a good mix of current top fighters for that time and future top fighters like Holloway. It was the return of Rumble and had an MMA legend in Gomi picking up one of his last few wins

idk why they haven’t gone back to Baltimore. It had a good crowd and in general people are into combat sports around here

what really surprised me is how many uneducated and completely untrained people in the stands are willing to throw down and risk brain damage because you cheered for a different fighter

I've been to a few events and seen a lot of broken noses <6>

^^^
I've seen 2 UFC events live and both had multiple fights in the stands...one happened a few rows behind us involving a couple drunk chicks that ended with both tumbling down over the seats.

Conversly I've been to hundreds of music concerts, festivals, pro sporting events and can't recall even seeing a punch thrown...

McGregor vs Khabib and Jones vs Santos

Both incredible events.

Event wise, blows boxing out the water. And I’ve been too many huge boxing matches over the years.

I had tickets to one of the ufc on fuel events. I ended up giving it away because I am autistic and i hate crowds.

All the UFC cards in Sacramento. Not having the commentary was a bit diff but overall it’s just a better experience watching live MMA in person at the arena.

Pretty cool when u have some hometown talent fighting on the card also. When Uriah finished Michael McDonald the building erupted pretty cool. But when DJ finishes Benavidez.....a bit different haha

I've been to Badr Hari x Verhoeven 1 (greatest atmosphere ever) and can swear that I saw Hoe Hogan. Anyone any informations if he attended that Event? I never heard him talking about it not even when Verhoeven was at the Podcast.

Please elaborate :)
I was shitface drunk and went up to get another glass of whiskey, as I walked down the stairs to the arena floor I was spilling whiskey on my hand

As soon as I reached the bottom of the stairs the New York Bad Ass himself walked right in front of me, my drunk ass marked out hard and yelled "BARONI !!!!" right into his ear as he passed by me

He turned and looked at me with a look of shocked fright on his face and I reached out with my liquor covered paw, grabbed his hand and gave it a nice firm shake and then strolled off like a boss

Im sure he was quite grossed out at this strangers piss/sweat/who knows what? that was now all over his hand hahahaha

Seen DC / Stipe 2. Get the seats in the middle so you can see down in the cage and won’t spend as much time watching the Jumbotron. Idk, the things I remember the most was the amount of sweat that flys off somebody when they get hit clean, Yoel Romero standing still and then flying through the air trying to knee costas head off, and you can’t really tell when somebody is rocked like you can when watching it on tv, and it’s super loud which really adds to the experience. I went with my pops and we both lost our voices by the end of the night. Extremely fun experience and id definitely do it again.

Went to a few. UFC cards pre TUF era circa 2003 was filled with lots of gyms in the audience. In was sort of like a local show today in a way but on a far larger scale with far better production. ...I saw the events with original WWE style ramp. Post TUF was the sport blew up it was a massive difference with lots of casuals.

Definitely far superior pre TUF live in those days for the average person. Tickets were cheap as shit and you could get them many times that day if you wanted with stacked cards.

Never have and probably won't. I don't drink so being around drunken "fuck him up, bro!" types doesn't sound like very much fun for me.

UFC 200. It was during Fan Appreciation Week so we made a full week of it. Lots of fun, got to meet Cowboy Cerrone and Matt Serra. It was supposed to be DC vs. Jones but Jones popped so it the headliner was Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes. Not exactly what we'd hoped for, but we had a good time overall.

QRZ7MmoQpoujGgvdXKVeSLGH8JDCCe

Saw UFC on Fox 19 in person. Teixeira vs Evans main event, Khabib last return after a two year layoff, Dodson torched someone in less than a minute.

It was the most fun live sporting event I’ve ever attended. I sat about 6-7 rows up from the floor, probably the best seats in the house. I could easily see all the action on the ground and I could still hear a lot of punches and kicks land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back