Have you changed your opinion about the BMF title?

it's stupid but fine. mma should embrace its stupid side more often. the name is horrendous, but that's because it reeks of dana's middle aged overcompensation. and at this point, the stupid name is kind of part of the fun

It cheapens martial arts and the UFC as a whole. I’ll watch, but I think it’s fucking ridiculous.

<Meh02>

as a one off fun thing between Nate and Jorge, it was OK. ironically that fight ended in a doctors stoppage so you could say the BMF belt was discredited from the very beginning.
Max and Justin both lent some credibility to it, but its still just a novelty. its not very important to me.
i hate pro wrestling with a passion so i dont want MMA to go that route and i see the BMF belt as analogous to something the WWE would do.

personally I would love to see Platinum Mike come back to the UFC to fight for the BMF belt.

bmf title..
this title should be open weight class

you cant call yourself a bmf if you only want to fight people your own size
fight anyone anytime any weight
So the bigger guys wins and he's the BMF for beating a smaller guy? How that logic even works?

It’s a stupid worthless belt and doesn’t mean anything or hold any significance. It’s a made up, embarrassing belt which is used as a trinket to help sell PPV’s.

Even if I did the belt itself is not the issue if it succeeds it will lead to more WWE degeneracy. Most people who hate the BMF don't really hate the BMF they just know one thing leads to another.

The idea of 2 random fighters fighting for a belt is the antithesis of what the UFC was said to stand for. If it has a lineage and isn't rigged I guess its technically a real title eventually but its the idea that annoys people more than anything.

BMF still spiced up the UFC. The title is great and something to fight for especially if Dana offers the same amount for winning the BMF and a title belt. I think everybody will aim for it apart from the title belt.

It’s an attempt to add more meaning to fan favorite match ups generally between guys that can’t win the actual belt. It’s needless because they can still make those fights without the arbitrary belt. It’s still silly to me.

Say whatt you liked UT everytime it on line means a GREAT FIGHT.

the bmf belt is retarded. asinine. it's a made up nothing belt marketing scheme for the casuals and dorks.

There really are no stakes behind it, as it's basically some consolation prize disputed between two opponents picked based on superstardom, entertainment value, and on the fact that neither holds an actual championship title (at least for now).

But if it's an excuse to make some fabulous, exciting cross-division fights, I'm not against it.

But a couple things: This should not come in the way of actual, genuine title matchups being made. And, also, weight classes do exist, so perhaps this appears to gravitate around 155 and 170...maybe 145 now that Holloway won it, so maybe some guy like O'Malley could move up and fight Holloway for it, meaning that fluidity among weight classes for that title is possible, but certainly limited.

Why not make one for 185-HW (the Baddest Big Motherfucker title) and one for 135-170 (the "regular" BMF title)?

If that is what it takes for the UFC to just throw two tops guys in the cage and usually from different weight classes just for the fun of it.....................I'm all for it.

Not sure why they have always been so against that thought without the BMF title.

It’s a gimmick to sell ppvs to rubes.

I'm coming around to the BMF title, which at first I hated... but I'd like to see some special rules added.

1) Title only changes hands via stoppage
2) First round should be 10 minutes
3) Automatic standups after 1 minute on the ground

It’s a stupid worthless belt and doesn’t mean anything or hold any significance. It’s a made up, embarrassing belt which is used as a trinket to help sell PPV’s.
You sound about as old and cranky as the dude in your avatar Sherbro.

i may be in the minority, but this bmf belt is bullshit. you want to be a bmf? how about fighting the best guys in your division and winning? that's a bmf in my mind, not this made up belt.

My opinion changed because how they handled the belt changed. It started out with some nonsense fight between two loudmouths with the Rock putting on the belt. Now it's an actual fight between actual fighters who leave it all in the octagon, and Mark Coleman is putting on the belt.

The idea of a BMF belt is still ridiculous, but at least I care about it now.

Back