Have you ever met a Sherdogger?

I met a guy who couldn't keep a Sherdog account for more than a dozen posts.

Got banned three or four times before giving up.

Went to SLC Utah last july...was going to see if shadowpriestx wanted to meet up for lunch...guess he had deleted his account.

Nope, never have; there really isn’t anything that would entice me to meet another sherdogger.

I knew some people (one of my wrestling coaches and a free MMA class coach) who were sherdoggin' back in '05. The night of Dillashaw-Cruz, some guy was saying Pettis was picking Alvarez apart. He kept honing in on my friend. I think he thought he was handsome. He mentioned the forum, and I asked "Sherdog?" and he said "Yeah" and went back to talking to my friend - who doesn't even know this place exists, and was mildly engaged in the convo. I said, "I'm Tuf_guy on there" and he didn't really seem to hear me.

Him being gay was probably 50/50 for a sherdogger, I guess.

I bumped into an UG poster in a bar once. He was actually pretty cool. Came up in convo during a UFC event.

Ive been here 12 years. Theres maybe 5 peolle id meet up with for a beer. That's 5 people in 12 years.

You don't like beer much?

I met some at an Overeem signing once. Here's a pic of me with Overeem.

2yw9uac.jpg

A guy i recognized from work posted a picture of himself with the Diaz brothers awhile back. I knew he was into boxing. I went to say whats up but he had got fired a few days before for stealing a bottle of wine. Dead serious.

I met @EvilDDS last year during a weekend in Toronto and we went for a beer. A few months later i was back in town with my wife and we had dinner with him and his gf. Excellent peoples!

Edit: Also hoping to go on a motorcycle ride with @Myrddin Wild at some point in the next few years.

Last edited:
No, have met people from boxing forums though. There are several lads here I'd like to meet in real life, I mean I just act like myself on here and talk about shit that I enjoy. Don't know why it'd be weird to meet people that do the same.

No but almost did a couple times. Timing didn't work. I have some legit friends on here though, that I'd love to meet irl of the opportunity ever came up.

Lot of great people here.

Back