Have you ever shot a real gun in your life?

Only on two occasions:

1. Went backpacking through south east Asia in 2007 for three months. When I was in Saigon, Vietnam I went outside the city to some place in the jungle where for like $10-20 you could shoot some guns. I tried firing an AK-47 and an M60.

2. In 2017 I went to a friend’s bachelor party that we held at a cabin in the woods next to some farmland owned by a relative of one of the guys in our group. Another guy in the group brought a bunch of rifles and shotguns and were just shot cans and shit for a couple of hours while drinking beers.

Had 22's as a kid. As an adult i had a 9mm till i got charged with a conspiracy felony charge and had to get rid of it since i can't EVER own a gun because of a felony that had nothing to do with guns or violence. Got to love the american justice system amiright. Lets let illegal immigrants carry guns though.
Literally none of this happened.

Yep. First gun I ever shot was my dad's 41 magnum Super Blackhawk when I was around 12 or 13. Still my favorite gun that I've ever shot. Wish I had it. You could shoot the dick off a humming bird with that thing. Unfortunately the ammo is hard to come by in that caliber.

No, but it is something I want to do. I just need to find the time to learn some gun safety before I do anything with a gun. I mean, a lot of it is just common sense. But also, I need to know how to maintain a gun. I just haven’t had the time. But I hope to amass a small arsenal eventually.

iu

Guns?

I go with my family to desert shoots on a regular basis. We have a side of a small mountain in Vacaville that we drive out to for a day of trap with shotguns first, then we go to pistols with some metal plate targets that self right with a pull of a rope.... we always end on rifles with some plasma cut steel as targets at 100, 200, and 300 yards. It's always a great time. We usually end up with about a dozen shooters. Family and friends.

I've also shot full Class 3 automatic AR-15's out of the back of Blacksword Armory's factory in Tennessee. The owner is a former nuclear engineer from Y12 (hello Manhattan Project) who makes incredible guns.

14922271_10207777464329662_6470946605483487296_n.jpg

If you look close in that photo you will notice three casings in the air. That gun is full rock and roll made for defense contractors that want incredible accuracy at distances, even though it's a short barrell. It has no recoil, because of it's elite muzzle break. It's extra loud, but extra smooth. Also, yes I have huge hands. The gun isn't as small as you think it is.

I wish I owned some guns in this violent climate, but I lost all of mine in a boating accident.

Last edited:
Sure, I just like making up going to prison just so i can complain that that my state doesn't allow american citizens to own a gun if they ever got a felony on their record.

Sure, I just like making up going to prison just so i can complain that that my state doesn't allow american citizens to own a gun if they ever got a felony on their record.

Uh, let's see if I can recall every single firearm I've fired in my life:

.45 Colt M1911
.45 Springfield 1911
.45 Kimber 1911
.45 Taurus 1911
H&K MP5
M9 Beretta
9mm Sig Sauer P226
M14
.308/30-06 Winchester Bolt Action Rifle
.50 Desert Eagle
AR-15/M16
9mm, .40, .45 S&W M&P
9mm, .40, .45 Springfield XD/XDM
Glock 17, 23, 27
12g Mossberg 500 shotgun
44 Magnum
Some 12g and 20g shotguns whose brands I can't remember, probably Benellis and Winchesters

I have an expert marksmanship with the M9 pistol and sharpshooter marksmanship with the M16 in the Navy. I was like 4 points away from attaining expert level on the M-16. It was also my first try.

Last edited:
Pretty often. I personally far prefer archery. But my mates prefer the guns more.

You like recurve bows sir?
I haven't shot in awhile but I'm gonna set up some targets in the yard, hopefully sooner than later.

Yeah sure... I was 8-9ish the first time I shot a gun.

I only own a pistol and a 12 gage nowadays

Couple of times.

Thailand, handguns.
Clay pigeon in Sydney.
Shot all kinds of guns in Latvia. Semi auto shotty my favourite.

You like recurve bows sir?
I haven't shot in awhile but I'm gonna set up some targets in the yard, hopefully sooner than later.

Yeah much prefer the older traditional one piece bows.

Favourite 3 are recurved long and short/horse which is all generally shoot. Along with a lower poundage short bow to learn to shoot offhand

Mates have lower lbs recurve 2 piece ones ( fibre glass limb removable ). Which realistically are provably better. But there's something about wood and oldschool feel to me that I far prefer. [ plus increased lbs ]

Plus I can punch impressive holes with the longbow hah.

But they're flat out firing 5 arrows through it whereas I can shoot it all day.

I always intended to get a good composite / compound [ always get the the terms mixed up ]. But honestly I prefer the older stuff to much to get much value from one.

20240326_160846~2.jpg

Longbow is a Lil over 6 foot unstrung I think.

Yeah much prefer the older traditional one piece bows.

Favourite 3 are recurved long and short/horse which is all generally shoot. Along with a lower poundage short bow to learn to shoot offhand

Mates have lower lbs recurve 2 piece ones ( fibre glass limb removable ). Which realistically are provably better. But there's something about wood and oldschool feel to me that I far prefer. [ plus increased lbs ]

Plus I can punch impressive holes with the longbow hah.

But they're flat out firing 5 arrows through it whereas I can shoot it all day.

I always intended to get a good composite / compound [ always get the the terms mixed up ]. But honestly I prefer the older stuff to much to get much value from one.

View attachment 1036462

Longbow is a Lil over 6 foot unstrung I think.

Yeah I prefer traditional wood bows myself.
My father in law used to make them, but Im probably gonna get one like the one on the left soon.

You have some sweet pieces there though sir, real nice.
I never liked compound bows, feels too unnatural to me for one reason or another.

What state you in?

Yeah I prefer traditional wood bows myself.
My father in law used to make them, but Im probably gonna get one like the one on the left soon.

You have some sweet pieces there though sir, real nice.
I never liked compound bows, feels too unnatural to me for one reason or another.

What state you in?

Queensland Australia , yeah ditto. There's just something about them that unnerves me slightly in comparison to a traditional one

Plus I absolutely despise the quick release triggers

Queensland Australia , yeah ditto. There's just something about them that unnerves me slightly in comparison to a traditional one

Plus I absolutely despise the quick release triggers

I was gonna say that about the quick release lol.

I think the thing about compound bows is the fact that you can barely feel the pounds.
You can have 100lbs on it but only have 50lbs on the draw...seems like cheating to me sir.

With wood you feel everything and that's the way it should be as far as Im concerned anyway.

Back