Have you ever shot a real gun in your life?

The first two guns I ever fired were a 44 magnum and Desert Eagle... and then many others. I'm sure I'll go again, next time I am in the states.

Was super fucking fun.
Even the names of those guns sounds fun
The first two guns I ever fired were a 44 magnum and Desert Eagle... and then many others. I'm sure I'll go again, next time I am in the states.

Was super fucking fun.
Even the names of those guns sound fun

Magnum
Desert friggin Eagle!!!!

The most I’ve used, 9mm…. And even that little guy was fun

Had 22's as a kid. As an adult i had a 9mm till i got charged with a conspiracy felony charge and had to get rid of it since i can't EVER own a gun because of a felony that had nothing to do with guns or violence. Got to love the american justice system amiright. Lets let illegal immigrants carry guns though.
There is legal discussion going on right now about reinstating guns rights for non violent felons.

Once your sentence is up you should get all your rights back imo.

If they can't be trusted with a gun why are they free?

during my teens id hunt kangaroos, foxes and rabbits on my uncles farm in outback NSW.

Was super fucking fun.
Also done it in Vegas too in a group. Got collected in a Humvee too which was hilarious.

Less fun was going through airport security the day after hungover and reeking of gunpowder haha.

I was gonna say that about the quick release lol.

I think the thing about compound bows is the fact that you can barely feel the pounds.
You can have 100lbs on it but only have 50lbs on the draw...seems like cheating to me sir.

With wood you feel everything and that's the way it should be as far as Im concerned anyway.

plus it looks fuckin ridiculous. strings everywhere, wheels and shit. bro, i'm trying to shoot a sharp stick further, not direct a laser beam from Mars. gtfoh with all this fancy shit that's just going to get tangled in tree branches and bushes. i'm a simple man, i hunt with a knife and a bunch of dogs. but i respect archers who use bows like our ancestors did. all this fancy shit just gives me vibes that there's more points of failure or something to go wrong than the simple bows.

plus it looks fuckin ridiculous. strings everywhere, wheels and shit. bro, i'm trying to shoot a sharp stick further, not direct a laser beam from Mars. gtfoh with all this fancy shit that's just going to get tangled in tree branches and bushes. i'm a simple man, i hunt with a knife and a bunch of dogs. but i respect archers who use bows like our ancestors did. all this fancy shit just gives me vibes that there's more points of failure or something to go wrong than the simple bows.

If I was to hunt I'd actually go the composite/ compound despite spending literally hours more with the recurve. The accuracy and speed is basically a vertical crossbow.

I mainly target shoot for fun and enjoy ridiculous long range shooting ( there's no purpose to it) but hit a target a 100 metres plus its a good feeling. Plus I like to speed shoot I'll put 50 60 arrows in one target in a session. It's actually quite impressive how many shots you can get off in 30 seconds. And I'm not remotely a skilled archer.

Nobody can get close with more modern bows In terms of fire rate. [ generally speaking ] but it's a generally pointless skill. But like ridiculous long range. Fun for me hah.

In terms of accuracy and fps compounds completely dominate for hunting. It's just not how I shoot. It's very regimented and procedural. But if I was to hunt the rabbits it'd be the 22 or a good compound bow. For the sake of the animal as accuracy matters there.

Older bows I raise and shoot using the lbs to lift the bow. Never hold long at full tension as it worse accuracy wise ( depending the bow an ld your strength ) but it's a limited time.

The compound/ composite just like a cross bow you can have at full pull ready to release with 0 strain . Meaning you can aim for far longer and time your shot without strain. Making it far better for hunting.

But like I said... I far prefer the traditional myself

I went here: https://thegunstorelasvegas.com/ Was badass. Zombie, Nazi targets were great LOL

One of my work colleagues did one of those trips when he was in Vegas . Not sure on the company but he thought it was great .

I've shot clay pigeon with a shotgun and I used to target shoot .22s . Only single shots with BSA and Anshutz rifles . My grandfather was into target shooting and used to take me (RIP)

Cool, will look it up. We went to Battlefield Vegas I think.
There was a 90 minute wait so I just did the VIP range thing and walked straight in... got so many dirty looks.

I fired like 20 different guns, from pistols to heavy machine gun... was awesome.

One of my work colleagues did one of those trips when he was in Vegas . Not sure on the company but he thought it was great .

I've shot clay pigeon with a shotgun and I used to target shoot .22s . Only single shots with BSA and Anshutz rifles . My grandfather was into target shooting and used to take me (RIP)
Highly recommended, even if it's a one time thing... just hope the random target the put on the range doesn't come up with a hostage scenario where you are supposed to hit the terrorist and not the hostage... and then they hand you an AK-47. My response was "OK, you're just fucking with me at this point right?" Sure, four times as many bullets hit the terrorist but still, RIP hostage :(

Sounds like fun, glad you have some good memories with gramps.

If I was to hunt I'd actually go the composite/ compound despite spending literally hours more with the recurve. The accuracy and speed is basically a vertical crossbow.

I mainly target shoot for fun and enjoy ridiculous long range shooting ( there's no purpose to it) but hit a target a 100 metres plus its a good feeling. Plus I like to speed shoot I'll put 50 60 arrows in one target in a session. It's actually quite impressive how many shots you can get off in 30 seconds. And I'm not remotely a skilled archer.

Nobody can get close with more modern bows In terms of fire rate. [ generally speaking ] but it's a generally pointless skill. But like ridiculous long range. Fun for me hah.

In terms of accuracy and fps compounds completely dominate for hunting. It's just not how I shoot. It's very regimented and procedural. But if I was to hunt the rabbits it'd be the 22 or a good compound bow. For the sake of the animal as accuracy matters there.

Older bows I raise and shoot using the lbs to lift the bow. Never hold long at full tension as it worse accuracy wise ( depending the bow an ld your strength ) but it's a limited time.

The compound/ composite just like a cross bow you can have at full pull ready to release with 0 strain . Meaning you can aim for far longer and time your shot without strain. Making it far better for hunting.

But like I said... I far prefer the traditional myself

makes sense. i remember seeing Rogan hunt with a compound bow. i guess it's for a different kind of hunting than i'm used to where you flush the pigs out with dogs, the dogs corner the pig and then you use your knife to dispose of the pig quickly with a stab to it's heart. it's dead within seconds. i know people who use those same methods but with a gun instead of a knife. when watching Rogan hunt it's a more of a stalking the animal and trying to line up a shot when the animal is completely unaware of your existence. what you say makes more sense when i realized that.

makes sense. i remember seeing Rogan hunt with a compound bow. i guess it's for a different kind of hunting than i'm used to where you flush the pigs out with dogs, the dogs corner the pig and then you use your knife to dispose of the pig quickly with a stab to it's heart. it's dead within seconds. i know people who use those same methods but with a gun instead of a knife. when watching Rogan hunt it's a more of a stalking the animal and trying to line up a shot when the animal is completely unaware of your existence. what you say makes more sense when i realized that.

I've no experience with the pigs despite should be killing them on sight. ( along with deer's and foxes and rabbits ) mates never hear with the 303 ? I think whenever they around. Lucky my dogs are both 100lbs cattle dog mongrel breeds so pretty good at fucking with them without risking much damage . I ain't going in with a knife unless I had to for one of the dogs. ( they

basically chase them away don't try catch / hold or kill like pig dogs ) but they deserve to die ( the pigs ) but if I had to. No qualms.

Deer's similar , never the large rifle around plus... I feel sympathetic to them I dont feel for the pigs. Which I shouldn't

Ditto the foxes... just hard as I'm a softy lol

Rabbits can get fucked. It's very open fields here bar for sections of the property that are " nature reserves " and the pricks are ultra flighty.

I've watched Americans bow hunt rabbits before and wondered why they are so dumb and let people that close.

Jealous as

I've no experience with the pigs despite should be killing them on sight. ( along with deer's and foxes and rabbits ) mates never hear with the 303 ? I think whenever they around. Lucky my dogs are both 100lbs cattle dog mongrel breeds so pretty good at fucking with them without risking much damage . I ain't going in with a knife unless I had to for one of the dogs. ( they

basically chase them away don't try catch / hold or kill like pig dogs ) but they deserve to die ( the pigs ) but if I had to. No qualms.

Deer's similar , never the large rifle around plus... I feel sympathetic to them I dont feel for the pigs. Which I shouldn't

Ditto the foxes... just hard as I'm a softy lol

Rabbits can get fucked. It's very open fields here bar for sections of the property that are " nature reserves " and the pricks are ultra flighty.

I've watched Americans bow hunt rabbits before and wondered why they are so dumb and let people that close.

Jealous as

in Hawaii the pigs don't get egregiously large like they do in Australia and the States, so a good hunting knife can penetrate into their heart easily as long as you know where to stab and aren't hitting that big fuckin shield of bone they have in their shoulders. but i've seen pig hunting with knives in America and Australia and i've seen hunters stick pigs that have to be atleast +500lbs with daggers that are at least a foot long, sink it to the hilt, pull it out and NOTHING comes out. the pig is still alive and moving around and is basically unaffected by it. that would be an "OH SHIT" moment for me. a lot of people think i'm crazy when i tell them i hunt pigs with dogs and a knife but it's really not that dangerous. by the time you get to the hog it's completely gassed and most likely has overheated and can't do anything even if it tried, so you just walk up and stick'em. with a gun, there's a chance you hit one of your dogs, you have to be cognizant of your back drop, you gotta shoot him really accurately depending on the kind of gun, it's noisy and bullets are expensive lol.

but yeah, hunting in America seems kind of easy comparatively speaking. they don't even have to hunt the pigs, they can just drive up in a 4WD and shoot them from their truck lol

Back