Have you ever shot a real gun in your life?

Had a .22 since I was 5 . Got about 25 guns in collection currently at 51. My favorite is just my 9 mm Sig most dependable gun ....
My favorite daily Concealed carry is just a little Sig P365...I like it that its so compact and easy to conceal and holds 12 to 17 round mags..

Shot a bunch of different stuff in the army. My favorite by far is the .50 cal. That thing is awesome. Worst part of shooting is cleaning weapons afterwards.

Yeah much prefer the older traditional one piece bows.

Favourite 3 are recurved long and short/horse which is all generally shoot. Along with a lower poundage short bow to learn to shoot offhand

Mates have lower lbs recurve 2 piece ones ( fibre glass limb removable ). Which realistically are provably better. But there's something about wood and oldschool feel to me that I far prefer. [ plus increased lbs ]

Plus I can punch impressive holes with the longbow hah.

But they're flat out firing 5 arrows through it whereas I can shoot it all day.

I always intended to get a good composite / compound [ always get the the terms mixed up ]. But honestly I prefer the older stuff to much to get much value from one.

View attachment 1036462

Longbow is a Lil over 6 foot unstrung I think.

I grew up with two brothers that are my best friends to this day. We would go hunting, fishing, and we all tried archery. They both took to it well... I just never did and it was one of the few sports in my that life pissed me off, as I suck at it. I always respect those that are good with a bow, because .... I'm not. Except that those bows you shared are much nicer, those remind me of the bows we grew up with until the compound bows really came of age.

Why are you buying your first gun andwhat type of gun? Do you plan to learn how to use it?

I've hunted and gone to the range most of my life. No handguns as its a different license in Canada. I have a shotgun, 306, .22lr.
Something really small, I'm a bit of a weakling. I intend doing a basic course but it's literally just as an in case of home invasion. Not against hunting if you eat it but it isn't for me, I'll just keep it locked up next to the front door.

Husband would rather something a bit meatier but it'll be useless if I can't fire it so we'll take the advice of the store. We've got a couple here but I don't like the owner of one of them so I'll end up boing here https://brassdepot.com/

Something really small, I'm a bit of a weakling. I intend doing a basic course but it's literally just as an in case of home invasion. Not against hunting if you eat it but it isn't for me, I'll just keep it locked up next to the front door.

Husband would rather something a bit meatier but it'll be useless if I can't fire it so we'll take the advice of the store. We've got a couple here but I don't like the owner of one of them so I'll end up boing here https://brassdepot.com/
pump action shotgun ftw! A shotgun you point, while you need to aim a handgun. Also, that shotgun will kill whatever is on the other side of that door. Just my unsolicited 2 cents

Yes, I actually own a bolt action rifle and a shotgun currently. I used to have an Armalite AR-15 and Rock Island 1911, but Trudeau decided to ban both.
Did you lose the AR and the 1911 in a tragic boat accident?
They are a horrible problem in the gun community.

Did you lose the AR and the 1911 in a tragic boat accident?
They are a horrible problem in the gun community.
Almost everyone I know that is a gun owner has had one of these tragic boat accidents you speak off...seems to affect the gun community on a regular.

Quite a few at shooting ranges and quarries.

Pretty fun, but anything fun to shoot, the shells are crazy expensive
.22 aren't too bad. You can buy 500 rounds for $40. They were 20 cents for a box of 50 when I was a kid.

Yes, I actually own a bolt action rifle and a shotgun currently. I used to have an Armalite AR-15 and Rock Island 1911, but Trudeau decided to ban both.
I have been looking at some of those .22 semi-autos. Not an AR but still in the same field and legal. My 22 is level action and the semi auto is fun

pump action shotgun ftw! A shotgun you point, while you need to aim a handgun. Also, that shotgun will kill whatever is on the other side of that door. Just my unsolicited 2 cents
I have a front door and a sort of metal gate door right in front of it so I need to be careful and not shoot without opening the metal door for fear of it ricocheting and offing myself :D
I became an official American citizen a couple of weeks ago, it seems right that I buy a firearm and not just the gas canister Beretta I have by the door that is literally to deter, it doesn't do anything but it's a direct replica...so if I point it at someone they're going to take it pretty seriously. I only want a basic gun safe, do you know if you can have multiple thumb prints to access? As in could husband and I both open it? No worries if you don't know, I'll ask when we investigate at the weekend. Makes sense if it's mine being I'm awake more than him.

I don't own any guns, but been to the range with friends a handful of times. I can't remember every gun I've used, but I've shot a AR-15, AK-47 and some higher caliber handguns.

If you don’t find what you need at the store you listed, you can try Karl’s Hardware in Rosamond. I’ve bought a couple hammers there, if you get my meaning.

I have a front door and a sort of metal gate door right in front of it so I need to be careful and not shoot without opening the metal door for fear of it ricocheting and offing myself :D
I became an official American citizen a couple of weeks ago, it seems right that I buy a firearm and not just the gas canister Beretta I have by the door that is literally to deter, it doesn't do anything but it's a direct replica...so if I point it at someone they're going to take it pretty seriously. I only want a basic gun safe, do you know if you can have multiple thumb prints to access? As in could husband and I both open it? No worries if you don't know, I'll ask when we investigate at the weekend. Makes sense if it's mine being I'm awake more than him.
No sure b/c I keep my shotgun safe with a trigger lock in my bedroom closet and my other two rifles are in a locked case in the basement. Canada has different laws about safe storage.

I may be moving to cleveland so maybe I will start looking at a handgun

Everything from cap, water, BB, pellet, to shotguns, rifles, and every handgun in the book

No sure b/c I keep my shotgun safe with a trigger lock in my bedroom closet and my other two rifles are in a locked case in the basement. Canada has different laws about safe storage.

I may be moving to cleveland so maybe I will start looking at a handgun
As in Cleveland Ohio or still up in Canada? It's probably not needed but with November not too far away and heaps of people going berserk about the election me being a Brit in a very small town with a meth and fentanyl problem apparently I'd rather be safer than sorry.

If you don’t find what you need at the store you listed, you can try Karl’s Hardware in Rosamond. I’ve bought a couple hammers there, if you get my meaning.
Oh wow, you know this area?

Back