Have you ever worked with concrete?

Bornstarch

Holy Paladin
@Brown
Reaction score
My friend just bought a house and he has a dirt lot in his backyard. He asked me to help him pour a concrete slab so we could put up a patio cover. We had close to 100 bags of 60lbs of mixed concrete. He should've just paid for a truck to pour, but we had to do it manually. Those 60lb bags were heavy as fuck. They felt like they weighed twice as much and we had to do this 100 times. pour into the concrete mixer then pour into the formation we had. People who do this all day must be stronger than shit.

I've mixed cement and concrete at jobsites using wheel barrows, large mixing tubs, and plastic tarps LOL. It's a bitch carrying it in buckets and pushing it with the wheelbarrow

My friend just bought a house and he has a dirt lot in his backyard. He asked me to help him pour a concrete slab so we could put up a patio cover. We had close to 100 bags of 60lbs of mixed concrete. He should've just paid for a truck to pour, but we had to do it manually. Those 60lb bags were heavy as fuck. They felt like they weighed twice as much and we had to do this 100 times. pour into the concrete mixer then pour into the formation we had. People who do this all day must be stronger than shit.
I think the real question here is :"have YOU ever worked with concrete?".

I don't really do flat work, but I've done tile installations for over 20 years.

For some reason sacks of concrete and cement feel heavier than other objects. Try picking up a 94lb sack of cement. It's like carrying mercury. Also, why do they put it in thin paper sacks that rip with a gust of wind? Hate when I have to use that stuff. I'd rather get premixed bags for floating floors and walls than do my own chopping and mixing.

And yes, carrying 5 gallon buckets of concrete sucks.

Those 60lbs bags aren't heavy as fuck, you're just weak.

Putting the Pallet of concrete beside the mixer would probably help...

Reactions: 666
Was the grunt on a masonry crew back in the day, and my brother is the Pres of the roofers local. From experience I can tell you that p4p shingles are way heavier than concrete.

And 100 60lb bags is only a little over 1.5 yds. Here the minimum delivery for a cement truck is 4yds.

Was the grunt on a masonry crew back in the day, and my brother is the Pres of the roofers local. From experience I can tell you that p4p shingles are way heavier than concrete.

And 100 60lb bags is only a little over 1.5 yds. Here the minimum delivery for a cement truck is 4yds.
Here also, but worth it. The concrete is a fk of alot better than bags

Not a concrete guy but have done a lot of pads just in the construction field. Its all experience, the more you do it the better and easier it is. And I watch guys like victory outdoors for pointers.

"Gets ptsd from construction work"

concrete is fine but please no rebar work
cc-as13-concreteqanda-rebar_10991824.png

Back