Having guts to throw in the towel.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Sopaj is a real deal. Only 23 and he was completely gassed and taking some beating.

Wilder's ex-coach got a lot of shit including from the fighter himself for throwing in the towel, but if there ever was a time to throw in the towel, this was it.

Pity guys like O'Malley gets push like he's some Dana White's only child conceived after 20 year-long attempt, but guys like Sopaj just gets thrown to the wolves like a kid getting Umar for his UFC debut.

There are complete scrubs, like Pickett on the same card, with all due respect, who likely wouldn't find success in a regional scene, getting fed to guys like Bo, their future poster boy, but UFC gives no fuck about actual great prospects who doesn't have name value like Bo. They tried to feed 24 year old 9-0 Nurullo Aliev to 18-1 Rebecki not that long ago too.

It's real unfortunate how great prospects die out and not get the protection 1/1000th of what guys like O'Malley get.

And yes, O'Malley is terrible. And no, you weren't the only Sherbro around who were saying O'Malley is a better striker than Yan long before that fight happened. That would've been me, and he's not a good MMA fighter at all, just getting fed favourable match ups one after another, like Chito who looked dogshit two fights ago.

It's just unfortunate to see something like what happened to a promising prospect like Sopaj, man. Wish him the best.

His coach was screaming at him before round 3, one of them said something like "please Bernardo", like he was disappointed that he was so tired and couldn't deliver. Something along those lines is what I heard, and yeah horrible coaches honestly, he was done, he was so tired that he didn't know where he was.
Might have cost him his career, if he comes back successfully from this debut I will be impressed, it was a KO where it looked like he died in the worst way, falling like a ragdoll.

Also didn’t like the advice the corner gave him after round 2.

His coach was screaming at him before round 3, one of them said something like "please Bernardo", like he was disappointed that he was so tired and couldn't deliver. Something along those lines is what I heard, and yeah horrible coaches honestly, he was done, he was so tired that he didn't know where he was.
Might have cost him his career, if he comes back successfully from this debut I will be impressed, it was a KO where it looked like he died in the worst way, falling like a ragdoll.
Dieded the same way Machida did against Jon but it was from a knee instead of being choked out standing

Omalley is terrible?? That's a good take, real good lol.

He has one loss which was partly due to injury and beat everyone else. He beats Yan who's elite, KO's Sterling who was on a 9 fight win streak and unbeaten in like 6 years. And he's terrible.

You should never throw in the towel , it’s totally more responsible to let them take unnecessary damage and let them get all fucked up so they can never perform at the same level and they have health problems later in life . I mean we’re talking about pride here , and the respect of a bunch of people who’ve never been in a fight watching on tv

Omalley is terrible?? That's a good take, real good lol.

He has one loss which was partly due to injury and beat everyone else. He beats Yan who's elite, KO's Sterling who was on a 9 fight win streak and unbeaten in like 6 years. And he's terrible.

yeah getting scrubs after scrubs helps.

He didn't beat Yan. He robbed Yan. He's talented on the feet, and respect to him for that one. Only good win in his resume. What other respectable wins are there? lmao. And he's the freaking champ! lol.

And bruh he lost in 2020, not 6 years ago.

Sopaj is a real deal. Only 23 and he was completely gassed and taking some beating.

Wilder's ex-coach got a lot of shit including from the fighter himself for throwing in the towel, but if there ever was a time to throw in the towel, this was it.

Pity guys like O'Malley gets push like he's some Dana White's only child conceived after 20 year-long attempt, but guys like Sopaj just gets thrown to the wolves like a kid getting Umar for his UFC debut.

There are complete scrubs, like Pickett on the same card, with all due respect, who likely wouldn't find success in a regional scene, getting fed to guys like Bo, their future poster boy, but UFC gives no fuck about actual great prospects who doesn't have name value like Bo. They tried to feed 24 year old 9-0 Nurullo Aliev to 18-1 Rebecki not that long ago too.

It's real unfortunate how great prospects die out and not get the protection 1/1000th of what guys like O'Malley get.

And yes, O'Malley is terrible. And no, you weren't the only Sherbro around who were saying O'Malley is a better striker than Yan long before that fight happened. That would've been me, and he's not a good MMA fighter at all, just getting fed favourable match ups one after another, like Chito who looked dogshit two fights ago.

It's just unfortunate to see something like what happened to a promising prospect like Sopaj, man. Wish him the best.
He was preparing for a fight. HAd a full camp. No excuse for gassing. He found out the hard way he isn't UFC material and now knows he should probably find a new career,

MMA is ultimately still glorified bum fights. It is bush league to its very core.

When the 'Superbowl of MMA' is paying 10/10 + Venum discount vouchers, society isn't going to be sending its best to corner cage fights now is it?

yeah getting scrubs after scrubs helps.

He didn't beat Yan. He robbed Yan. He's talented on the feet, and respect to him for that one. Only good win in his resume. What other respectable wins are there? lmao. And he's the freaking champ! lol.

And bruh he lost in 2020, not 6 years ago.

He beat Yan buddy, get over it. Stop crying about a close fight. Yan and Sterling are two elite wins. Even moving up the ranks Omalley fought some good guys in Weindland and Almeida to test him along with Munhoz.

And learn to do math BRUH....Sterling last lost in 2017, thats 6 year ago.

I wrote about this in another thread, horrible fight to take on one weeks notice for a young prospect like this against a big killer like that

It would be one thing if this was the only chance to get into the UFC but he had already had a DWCS fight lined up and obviously already had the UFCs eyes on him

He beat Yan buddy, get over it. Stop crying about a close fight. Yan and Sterling are two elite wins. Even moving up the ranks Omalley fought some good guys in Weindland and Almeida to test him along with Munhoz.

And learn to do math BRUH....Sterling last lost in 2017, thats 6 year ago.

"He beats Yan who's elite, KO's Sterling who was on a 9 fight win streak and unbeaten in like 6 years."

This is what you said BRUH.

Nah. He didn't beat Yan. It was a robbery.

Wineland was more washed up than BJ. Almeida was a can at that point as well. Didn't beat Munhoz.

But really, I don't mean to waste time talking more about O'Malley, he ain't worth it.

If you think he's good, then great!

"He beats Yan who's elite, KO's Sterling who was on a 9 fight win streak and unbeaten in like 6 years."

This is what you said BRUH.

Nah. He didn't beat Yan. It was a robbery.

Wineland was more washed up than BJ. Almeida was a can at that point as well. Didn't beat Munhoz.

But really, I don't mean to waste time talking more about O'Malley, he ain't worth it.

If you think he's good, then great!

If you think Yan/Omalley is a robbery, then you have no clue how to judge a fight buddy.

Yah, that's what I said. What's wrong, you can't read or something??

Wineland and Almeida were good tests for a guy like Omally at that point in his career. You're crying about fighters being fed to top fighters too soon and then you talk shit about him fighting vets to test em?? Pretty stupid logic.

None of what you say makes any sense so run along kiddo.

Pity guys like O'Malley gets push like he's some Dana White's only child conceived after 20 year-long attempt

Oddly specific.

Sorry to hear that you're shooting blanks, sherbro.

Back