Hayabusa head gear???

Halfbreed83

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Hayabusa Headgear?
HAYABUSA-MMA-HEAD-GEAR-2T.jpg

It looks like a quality piece and i'm ready to upgrade from my current headgear. Is it worth the $100? Thanks!

I thought about getting a head gear. I don't have one and have been sparring without one. Sometimes I get a headache from this, but other people have told me that a headgear does not do much to protect you from hits or make them less painful. Some people have told me they actually make blows to the face and head feel worse. I find this hard to believe, but that is what I have been told. Maybe getting hit without headgear, will prepare for getting in the cage. You can't wear on in the cage.

I'am still considering getting a headgear. And my first choice is a hayabusa, it looks cool and looks very protective. I have contacted craig from Hayabusa, about the head gear. I was concerned if it would fit me or not? Because I have a Phuckin big head I wear a new era cap size 8 and it is my true size sometimes can be a lil tight. Craig said there should be no problem and should fit me. Craig told me that there can be many adustments made on this headgear to get a food fit.

My second choice is mexican style fairtex headger that is $69 at mma warehouse. Don't know much about how good a fairtex headgear is? I hear everyone talking about the winning headgear though and how good it is and you don't feel $hit.

If you go with the hayabusa head gear. Get it from riofightwear.com, they have the cheapest price at $84.99 everywhere else is $99.99. And use promo code SDOG at riofightwear.com it will take off %10.

I have never owned a headgear before, and don't know if I need one? Or if it will do me anygood? If I get one I'am going with one of the following.

If you get one tell me how it is? When it comes to hayabusa, I have not heard too much, I don't think too many people have used their stuff being that it is a new company and their stuff is expensive. But the few reviews I have read it is great $hit.

I'll spend the $100 on it if it doesn't limit my vision and gives a nice snug fit. I don't know, if i get ballzy i'll order it, use it for a month or two, and write a review.

I'll feel like a sham though because I only spar at 50% most of the time; I'm not hardcore like most of you guys on here :) haha.

looks killer, I was thinking about buying a pair but just have not yet pretty steep price and was woundering if it is worth the price tag.

looks killer, I was thinking about buying a pair but just have not yet pretty steep price and was woundering if it is worth the price tag.

I reviewed it a while ago. I think I spent $85 on it from Rio FightWear. Great place to order from and enter SDOG as a coupon code and you'll get another 10% off of that.

Anyway, the headgear is great. Everything is fully adjustable due to two velcro straps across the back and a tie across the top of the gear. The chin bar is perfect and holds your entire face in place. Vision isn't a problem either. Look up my review for more info if you're interested, I'm too lazy to find it right now.

Go for it though, get it from Rio for less than $80, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks Bmoss. I did a search but didn't find anything in the Title about hyabusa head gear. I did a search on your posts and found it . . . . .

I might pick this up soon but i'm also considering picking up some wrestling shoes (always spraining my toes) or a GI (I only do No-Gi grappling right now).

Thanks for the coupon code too!

Just a note - as of today we don't have any. I don't think anyone else does either. Hayabusa sold out of this about a month ago. We are suppose to get a whole new shipment next week though. If you buy it today, we'll ship it out by October 10, or sooner if we get it sooner.

It is top quality headgear, no doubt about that. Well put together, adjustable and very protective. One person did email me that sometimes they get a headache after sparring with it on. I think if you're getting a headache after sparring, you're getting hit too hard and you're going to have a headache no matter what. As far as headgear goes, Hayabusa is as good as it gets - just like all their other stuff.

I know I just posted my own thread in regards to headgear. I get paid next monday (10/6/08). Will you still have one available for order or are you already sold out with this shipment of headgear you're getting?

Rio fightwear, I just wanted to check in on the status of the head gear in your shop. I'm looking to order this and Hayabusa shinpads in black. Thanks a lot.

I have never owned a headgear before, and don't know if I need one? Or if it will do me anygood?

Yea, headgear's definitely a big positive for training. It does take the edge off shots and as long as you don't treat it as a helmet you will get less damage every spar. Depending on the coverage it also gives you great protection against cuts and bruises that can stall your training. Some people have complained that it makes it harder to slip punches but I'm not good enough to notice anything like that.

I wear this one by Titan. Cheap, good protection and durable.

RS%5C_Images%5CBlobs%5CCTHGT.JPG

I'm not a big fan of headgear. It will help keep you from bruising and bleeding, but dammit it you don't still feel the shock of it all. Everyone I spar with uses these god awfully big sparring gloves, so even when you get a good clock in, it's like getting hit with pillows. They're some knock off brand - but who can't love them.

Anyhow, the guys at Hayabusa are great - they have great quality product and have great customer service as well. I would have no problem recommending any of their products.

Full Contact Outlet

I'm a bit late to the thread, but maybe someone will find this helpful.

The headgear is really well made. Adjustable velcro straps on the back allow you to pull it snug. You don't have to worry about it sliding around on your head if you take a shot. Peripheral vision is good. I'm still breaking mine in and the only complaint i have at the moment is the cheek pads fit tightly. So much so that with a mouthpiece in, I'm in danger of biting the sides of my cheeks unless I puff them out and then bite down on my mouthpiece. But I'm beatin the shit outta the padding with the hopes of lessening this. The gear does enclose your chin as well. Something I'm not completely used to yet.

I got one about 2 weeks ago and must say it is a nice quality piece. It does fit snug. I keep thinking of reviewing it but leave it at the gym.

Guys! Check out KOfightgear headgear.... best bang for the buck and I'm sure a lot of people here will say the same thing about KOfightgear

Just smear vaseline on your face and on the gloves. It'll make the punches slip off and do more to prevent a knockout than headgear would.

Back