Movies HBO Max - Wonka

I gotta finish it, but the very beginning music got me in the feels.

Then....the familiar music never came back.

This movie wants to be a play so bad. Its trying too hard.

It's a nice tribute to Wilders Wonka, but his cold selfishness is a must. So far, I find this less entertaining than Depps.

the original film had musical numbers, as did the Burton version.

That has nothing to do with my post but thanks for that adorable little walk down memory lane, the original is one of my favorite movies of all time and you just helped me relive those dazzling songs in all their glorious memory

phil-hartman.gif

I'm a Chalamet fanboy and I'm not ashamed to admit it so it was perfect.

I'm a Chalamet fanboy and I'm not ashamed to admit it so it was perfect.
He did a really great job with this role. This is only the second movie I’ve seen him in. The other is Dune.

In Wonka, he pulled off the song and dance very well. The opening number where he’s in front of the vacant shop imagining, singing, and dancing with other dancers, was hilarious when an onlooker was looked over to wonder why this weirdo was dancing around by himself. Showing that it was all in his head.

Chalamet is a great young actor but this isn't a role for him.

Not many folks want to see all out musicals and they were very deceptive with the ads for this. Yes others had a few dongs in them but not like this.

Wanted to like as I like Chalamet but could get past 30 min

I was so giddy during the title sequence cuz of the music.

Then NONE of it. I couldnt finish it.

Watched a couple of weekends ago - decent Saturday night fodder but not a patch on the original.

High Grant was the best part for me.

Back