Locked HBO's WESTWORLD Thread (Renewed for Season 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
a cash reward would be extremely lame. and as the little girl said, i think this 'side quest' truly isnt for guests. these quests are for sentient hosts.

That's interesting, and would tie to the other plot lines as well. I think theyve eatablished that the apparent bug in the hosts was likely part of a grander plan by Hopkins's character, he seems too omniscient to let it slip, and having it spread through the first host indicates long term planning in a way.

Also, Ed Harris I awesome, and his time on screen is definitely the most captivating part of each episode.

Some issues I have with the show

1) You can run around the main building without any security clearance and there are open doors everywhere.
2) 40k a day seems super cheap. Some people fuck up several hosts per day. Wouldn't they be using robots everywhere in the workforce if they were so inexpensive? Why even go to Westworld.

a cash reward would be extremely lame. and as the little girl said, i think this 'side quest' truly isnt for guests. these quests are for sentient hosts.

That would be really interesting. And make more sense, cause like you said, a prize would be lame. What more could they offer guests? So in that case, could it be a trap for guests like the man in black? Because for a guest to know about it, they have to scalp hosts.

That would be really interesting. And make more sense, cause like you said, a prize would be lame. What more could they offer guests? So in that case, could it be a trap for guests like the man in black? Because for a guest to know about it, they have to scalp hosts.
well i dont think all the clues are hidden in the scalps of host. i think that was just one case with the card dealer. i have a feeling in the beginning of the first episode when the man in black takes delores to the barn, he didnt rape her (or just rape her), he somehow used her to get a clue that lead him to the card dealer (it is never explained why he chose the card dealer.) And when he goes to get the guy who is about to be hanged, he tells him the scalp of the card dealer lead him to him and he didnt have to scalp the daughter to get her clue.

it could be a 'trap' for guests who basically are behaving like griefers in videogames, but i think its more than that. i think its a maze for hosts who have become aware of their reality, developed either by ford or bernard, perhaps to do something to enhance their sentience in secret, or essentially to have secret meetings away from the other management.

While I hope it all leads to somewhere, or somewheres each plot thread, I really enjoy the early stages when nothing can be prdicted. It can go anywhere at this point, and I'm really loving the theorization that I've not seen since LOST. Maybe because I haven't been interested enough, but even the my last must-watch show BREAKING BAD didn't have nearly this level of interesting speculation. I really hope I don't get spoiled by theories that end up being more interesting that what actually happens, but I totally dig the miscegenation between Westerns and Sci-Fi and always have.

In episode 1 when Hopkins sits down with that old robot he uses a phrase to halt his function if you remember.
"Deep and dreamless slumber" seems to be all hosts' sleep mode activation.

I got the feeling that the kid was a representation of Anthony Hopkins character as his younger self, the whole conversation about their fathers and being bored kind of eluded to it.
I definitely got that feeling, too.

Not feeling the head writer guy, every time he opens his mouth I expect him to hit someone with a "U Wot M8?" His tone and accent are just grating.
The FOCKK?

Story is probably told in two timelines and Will is Man in Black

The head writer and the executive woman both just seem like poorly written and acted characters so far. Apparently the actress was a late replacement. She doesn't emote at all, and the writer emotes like he's in that The Scream painting. Maybe there's a reason down the line, but so far they just seem like weak characters.

maxresdefault.jpg

The head writer and the executive woman both just seem like poorly written and acted characters so far. Apparently the actress was a late replacement. She doesn't emote at all, and the writer emotes like he's in that The Scream painting. Maybe there's a reason down the line, but so far they just seem like weak characters.
i dont mind the head writers character and i think his acting is quite good. i agree the acting of the manager lady is horrendous. she destroys my suspension of belief every time i hear her talk. makes sense she was a late replacement..

the writer character reminds me of the character in black swan that plays the ballet instructor and i kinda like it. especially since he gets son'd by ford

OOOOOOoooooo that's cool as fuck.

This is another show that is full enough and well made enough that it can provide hours of entertainment dissecting it from every angle online!

Huzzah!

I'm really proud of myself because I recognized Michael Wincott (bad guy in the first The Crow) in his small but amazing part in Westworld

1380268-magwincottcrow.jpg

/nerd

Haven't seen it yet but it sounds good so I'll wait till the first season is over so I could binge like the glutton I am.

Good to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't like the head writer. He's the weak link of the cast. There's something about him I just don't like.

Unlike a couple of others, I see nothing overly wrong with the manager lady. She seems just like the standard no nonsense boss. Good or bad acting aside, there are quite a few people who really are just like her.

Haven't seen it yet but it sounds good so I'll wait till the first season is over so I could binge like the glutton I am.
This show is too layered and nuanced to binge, IMO.

A Netflix superhero series? Sure.

Westworld? Not so much. We're benefited by the weekly wait to let each episode mull over in our mind.

This show is too layered and nuanced to binge, IMO.

A Netflix superhero series? Sure.

Westworld? Not so much. We're benefited by the weekly wait to let each episode mull over in our mind.

I'm convinced.. and bored today lol. I'll give it a go.

I'm really proud of myself because I recognized Michael Wincott (bad guy in the first The Crow) in his small but amazing part in Westworld

1380268-magwincottcrow.jpg

/nerd
i recognized him as well from Alien: Resurrection. he was great in Westworld, and probably a pretty underrated actor in general.

That really doesn't mean anything. Its part of her story-line, is to have the can roll out, then see who picks it up. She reacts lovingly to whomever picks it up for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back