Locked HBO's WESTWORLD Thread (Renewed for Season 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah, just like my life. yeah i wont bother with it.

i read it was full frontal?
Not as gratuitous as the Spartacus orgy scenes. That one had two dudes dping some lady

Regarding the two timeline theory. Doesn't the creation of Wyatt and Ford giving Teddy a new backstory disprove the two timeline theory?

So, I'm guessing that if this "two timeline" thing is legit, the hosts were programmed to be somewhat violent to the guests in the past. Those two guys are getting punched and choked, but when it flashes forward(IF it flashes forward) they can't do anything to the guests.

I don't know. The show is kind of losing me.

nah. man in black specifically says 30 years ago the hosts were made of mechanical parts, and there's even a flashback that shows this. nothing we've seen happen in the park shows any hosts with mechanical parts and not blood.

and specifically for the theory that william is the man in black, he's definitely interacting with hosts that have blood.

Am I the only one who thinks this show stopped being interesting after the first episode.

Am I the only one who thinks this show stopped being interesting after the first episode.

I wouldn't go that far, but the pilot was perhaps too excellent of a set up, and they haven't been able to capture that same level of intrigue since. There's too much shit going on, and I'm rapidly losing interest in where it's all headed. The pieces aren't coming together very well.

I wouldn't go that far, but the pilot was perhaps too excellent of a set up, and they haven't been able to capture that same level of intrigue since. There's too much shit going on, and I'm rapidly losing interest in where it's all headed. The pieces aren't coming together very well.

I feel the exact same way. The show has not caught my interest after that first episode.

I think I'm gonna stop watching soon. I just don't think it's that good.

Halfway point of season 1 now, and I'm loving this series.

Ed Harris & Anthony Hopkins squaring off, on a TV show...

This really is the Golden Age of television. We are spoiled.

Pretty good episode. A lot of new info with Elise. I like the narrative guy. He is a douche but pretty hilarious. Maeve wants some cheat codes to up her attributes.

Appearance of Yul at 9:29

th

th

the last 3 episodes had my hopes low for the show, but this one was really good. hopefully the rest of the season is of the same quality

I'm secretly hoping that Arnold is Richard Kiel. And then i realized he died a couple of years ago.

Best Episode so far. So it looks like Thandie Newton will be the rebel leader.

I don't understand why those two guys are helping the Thandie Newton host. Can anyone explain?

I don't understand why those two guys are helping the Thandie Newton host. Can anyone explain?

She "blackmailed" the blonde idiot with exposing him/others fucking the robots and wiping their brains. It is assumed he is "running" it like a prostitution ring sorta.

Its the biggest failing of writing thus far.

However, reddit found this:

See this interview http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/06/westworld-adversary-interview

Nitpicky question though: Couldn’t the body shop guys just jack down Maeve’s levels to knock her out, and make some lobotomizing so-called “mistake” to take out her memory? We’ve been shown over and over the humans have so much control, it’s hard to believe they couldn’t get the upper hand on a rogue host.

Nolan: I will point you toward episode 8.

Maybe it gets shored up more. The asian guy helping I bought, because he seems like a curious nerd who was stunned she kept coming back, and slowly got sucked into it.

The bigger reveal was that someone else was already tweaking her (probably the real reason she was waking up dead).

Maeve's journey to self-awareness was beautifully depicted. Tremendous directing and acting.

No. It's a horribly executed plot contrivance solely to get Newton to where she is at the end of the show. The asian has literally no reason to explain all this crap to her. He gains nothing, and could actually lose his job for it. So why is he risking it? It makes no sense. At least for the bearded dude she had a threat levied at him. Which is still sorta hard to swallow given how they can just shut them down with a command. But meh, ok whatever. Maybe I could accept the threat and all. But the asian tech playing Exposition Guy is probably the laziest thing I've seen the show do.

No. It's a horribly executed plot contrivance solely to get Newton to where she is at the end of the show. The asian has literally no reason to explain all this crap to her. He gains nothing, and could actually lose his job for it. So why is he risking it? It makes no sense. At least for the bearded dude she had a threat levied at him. Which is still sorta hard to swallow given how they can just shut them down with a command. But meh, ok whatever. Maybe I could accept the threat and all. But the asian tech playing Exposition Guy is probably the laziest thing I've seen the show do.

Not to mention that she has such a hard time understanding basic concepts such as "you are artificial and under control," yet seemingly can grasp complicated technology with no pause.

Really, she's stunned to see her utterings being shown on a computer screen in real time? She's supposed to have the memories and personality of an 1870's hooker. She wouldn't know what the fuck a computer/ipad thingy is, and would be falling into utter shock and disorientation at repeatedly dying and waking up in a totally alien and futuristic world.

Instead she's just saucy.

Crap writing.

I mean, I like the premise of the show, and had high hopes for it. But it seems like they don't know where they're going here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back