He needs to retire BUT 3 Round Anderson would have won that fight.

I thought Hall won 2 and 3 but I might need to watch it again.
Could have been that way. But round two was very close. I think the point isn't so much that Silva would have won, but that he would have either A) won a close fight or B) lost a close fight.

At 45, 5 rounds is gonna be a looooong night.

Hall was going easy on him until Silva hit him with a lead elbow.

That's just my impression. Before that he was content to trade jabs.

Silva was so out of position after wiffing on his shots. Chin in the air, hands down. You don't really see this happen to older top boxers...
I agree...silva was fighting like he still had his old reflexes

How gullible are you buddy? He was being carried

Maybe Hall wouldn’t have been so tentative at the start if it was only 3 rounds. Nope, I can’t agree with the title. There’s no way to know.

Watching the way Spider grabbed the refs leg broke my heart, never thought I’d see that from him, I mean he was one of the greatest ever.

He got dropped in the 3rd round as well ....he has no chin

Just in the nick of time. Anderson won the first round and probably won the second. Hall won the third 10-9.

Anderson 29-28 after three.

I'm one of Silva's critics, but I can admit even now he is competitive and dangerous. Maybe not top 5, but he is still not an easy win outside of that.
Career wise this is the perfect time to do it though, other than that though if he wanted I think he could keep going for fun fights. But as a fan I hope he doesn't lol

Was nice to see Silva bring an aggressive style like when he'd get pissed off at his opponent in his prime. But Hall was waiting and getting his timing, looking for openings. And Anderson doesn't have stopping power these days.

When you're 45 and fight with your hands at your waist you are asking to get countered. Silva does SO good fighting his style considering his age but there are still openings. There have been for years now. Impossible to employ that "matrix" style at his age without getting nailed here and there.

I think that if AS hadn't pushed the pace this would have been a staring contest. Hall was, like usual, only looking for that one big strike and content to do next to nothing until it presented itself. Anderson has good enough defense if he is focusing on it but when he starts feeling his offense too much he is vulnerable.

He looked damn good in that first round. The second round was close so it might have been a split decision win. There would be so much joy in these forums if this fight was just three rounds.

Jose Aldo is another one. He was competitive with Yan for the first three rounds. 3 round Aldo is 2-2 with 2 finishes and his two losses were by decision.

Older fighters need to give up the spotlight of the main event and just fight three rounds.

Hall gameplan would have been totally different for a 3 round fight.

why this is so difficult to understand?

I had hall 2-1 at round 3, but it was close. The most significant moment obviously being Hall flooring Andy at the end of the 3rd

Anderson looked ok at best vs someone not doing anything.

Anderson got 2.5 rounds so yer right in that.

He's 45 and it shows after the 2nd round - he slows down and becomes plodding, slow and easy to hit.

I hope he retires - as much as he looked good for 2rds - he still got tko'd and dropped with shots that he would have eaten in his prime.

Back