Heads up: Pls use your local food bank if you're hungry or running low on money

Gracious Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to give you all a heads up. If you're hungry or running low on money please don't hesitate to use your local food bank. I volunteer at two food banks here in Seattle, and they serve any and everyone who comes, no questions asked. We have so much food here that nearly half of it gets composted in the end. It makes me sad to see that happen because I know there are so many people here in Seattle (and around the country for that matter) who are hungry but are either too embarrassed to get help or don't know where to go. Last Saturday I had a young college girl come in and she was so sad and gaunt looking telling me she was starving. I set her up with a months worth of food. She was so surprised because she thought she would have to jump through hoops to get fed, but no, it's really that easy. So please, if you're hungry, running low on cash, or just too busy to go food shopping, try your local food bank.

They shouldn't call it a foodbank when all the customers do is make withdrawals.

Hey guys just wanted to give you all a heads up. If you're hungry or running low on money please don't hesitate to use your local food bank. I volunteer at two food banks here in Seattle, and they serve any and everyone who comes, no questions asked. We have so much food here that nearly half of it gets composted in the end. It makes me sad to see that happen because I know there are so many people here in Seattle (and around the country for that matter) who are hungry but are either too embarrassed to get help or don't know where to go. Last Saturday I had a young college girl come in and she was so sad and gaunt looking telling me she was starving. I set her up with a months worth of food. She was so surprised because she thought she would have to jump through hoops to get fed, but no, it's really that easy. So please, if you're hungry, running low on cash, or just too busy to go food shopping, try your local food bank.

Food bank??? I think you mean sperm bank. Get a mouthful of white gold protein and leave with your belly filled.

I'm not in the US but thanks for the heads up brother. You are a good dude for wanting volunteer :)

Do they have smoked salmon?
I haven't seen any yet, but the food is surprisingly high quality at times. When I did the soup kitchen we got a bunch of entrees donated from a local steakhouse: Angus beef burgers, steaks, roasted potatoes, shrimp skewers and a bunch of other shit you'd be surprised to find in a soup kitchen. I took some leftovers home and ate it for lunch for most of the week. it was better than the usual stuff I have for lunch that runs me $15 daily.

I haven't seen any yet, but the food is surprisingly high quality at times. When I did the soup kitchen we got a bunch of entrees donated from a local steakhouse: Angus beef burgers, steaks, roasted potatoes, shrimp skewers and a bunch of other shit you'd be surprised to find in a soup kitchen. I took some leftovers home and ate it for lunch for most of the week. it was better than the usual stuff I have for lunch that runs me $15 daily.
But is any of it cooked sous-vide? I'm just being an asshole. It's a great service in a country with such prosperity and one in which waste is rampant...

Through my employer, I got voluntold to work at a local soup kitchen. Holy shit. You were easily getting over 1,000 calories a plate full of hearty food. Then, they had bins of snacks for them to take on the way out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back