Hector In The Film Troy. Poor Guy....

Hector, yes that would be bad, but Hector wasn't the only one that fucked with a demigod and then regretted it.

FkvQsz.gif

Speed vs size…great scene

Speed vs size…great scene

True, but more like his parents were gods and he also wore armor of the gods.

This is his mother Thetis bringing him a suit of armor made by Hephaestus.

"All my life I've lived by a code and the code is simple: honor the gods, love your woman and defend your country."

Yup Rose was cool. Did that movie put her on the map? Probably the first film I saw her in.

Bean was great. And he survived!

EssentialResponsibleHookersealion-max-1mb.gif
"You have your sword. I have my tricks. We play with the toys the gods give us."

Movie have some flaws but suprised me see Hollywood keep Hector as the good guy without crazy gimmicks to make you root for Achilles

If movie included Aeneas (they did, but very very short thing iirc) basically both best people would have been in trojan side

Paris role changed a lot though, the removal of gods interference changed lot of shit (both making him better and worse)

The scene where Achilles realizes not only is he serving the wrong king but that Hector was a better man then him is fantastic. But yes, Hector was the only one consistently doing the right thing for the right reasons and he got a sword to the chest for his troubles. Life like that sometimes though so good movie.

Is there such thing as a happy ending for Greek Heroes ? Feels like all of them have a tragic end

I wasn’t really counting the women, but Bean’s character wasn’t 100% a great guy imo. Odysseus came up with the Trojan horse which was kind of a dick move, and he’s also responsible for convincing Achilles to come join the war in the first place. Without Achilles the Trojans would have whooped the Greeks’ asses and sent them packing instead of getting Troy massacred.

At the end of the Day Odysseus can't stand the War and just wants it to be over , but he knows a Greek loss would be bad for him as well so the Trojan Horse was the quickest way to end it. Ultimately all he wants was to go home to his wife and son, too bad this movie wasn't big enough to warrant an Odyssey movie follow up.

What sucks is that Achilles isn't the best because of hard work and good training. He's the best because his goddess mother dipped him in the magic river.

Basically the equivalent of an athlete today dominating via winning the genetic lottery rather than having a great work ethic. I'm looking at you, Shaq.

It gets worse. His wife gets raped to death and his newborn son is thrown to the rocks to die.
Homer needs a lot of credit. He made one of the first war epics that was actually denouncing the foolishness of war.
And no matter how good of a person you are, life will find a way to wreck all of that.

PS the greek gods were pricks.

I just watched this again and couldn't help but feel bad for Hector.

This guy from the start of the movie tried his best to make everyone see reason and prevent bloodshed.

First his pussy whipped, pussy ass brother Legolas jacks the wife of the guy who just invited him to his house party. Hector pleads with his to return the ho but nope. The bow and arrow fairy insists shes worth a war.

52a9c2ed160b3e896fa07305ca76b2549aec3ccb.gifv

Then when the greeks approach, Legolas decides he can take his girls hubby, fights him to try and evade a war, but then pussies out and crawls to Hector who of course, saves his bitch of a brother and sparks the battle.

HarmoniousTartJellyfish-max-1mb.gif

Then after winning a battle and making the enemy flee, he pleads to his father not to continue an attack as it will only unite them more. Pops listens to the snake oil salesman priest who seen some fucking crows deliver messages from space. They attack.

05b856cc6711b119bcb0acaf7f2f096c9fae8b8b.gifv

Then Hector with the Trojans attack and is confronted by Achilles and his men. Hector kills Achilles.

i16u5p.gif

Only to find out it wasnt really him, it was his cousin. Ouch.

a9d8d11d-3d54-4f6b-950f-1c148a7c8395_text.gif

659e0e690ad8d690fd27285211f6a1ad43cc7b35.gifv

So now he pretty much knows hes fucked.
His brother dissed him. His father dissed him. The high on opioids priest dissed him. Then he has to do the only honorable thing left and fight a fight he knows he will lose.

source.gif

He loses and has his body dragged all over the dirt.

troy-drag.gif

Ya its a movie, its fictional, but I honestly felt bad for the guy. All he wanted to do was the right thing and none of the douche bags around him would listen. He was surrounded by idiots.

The biggest slap in the face is his panzy brother gets the glory of killing achilles via archery.

R.I.P Hector, aka Bruce Banner

hector-troy.gif

Fuck you Legolas

d8476364fd6ed915a5422ce5555417003ea666cc.gifv
He got killed by the son of a God in 1v1 combat right? Not a bad way to go out....

Really great casting in the movie.

Both Ajax and Boagrious were casted so well. It’s hard to pull off the super intimidating giant but Troy did it well.

Rose and Helen were beautiful as well.

At the end of the Day Odysseus can't stand the War and just wants it to be over , but he knows a Greek loss would be bad for him as well so the Trojan Horse was the quickest way to end it. Ultimately all he wants was to go home to his wife and son, too bad this movie wasn't big enough to warrant an Odyssey movie follow up.

I wonder whether or not there had ever been any interest in doing an Odyssey movie following Troy. Had the movie come out 15 years later for sure some studio execs would have tried to set up a “Homeric Cinematic Universe” :rolleyes:

Back