Help! GSP VS Diaz??

pomonao

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I would like people to convince me im wrong, but I just think that this was the fight that would be the fastest to make a quick buck on for the UFC.

I see Diaz as a fighter that has been shielded from Wrestlers (When he was supposed to fight Woodly he said he wanted to box) What was the last good wrestler that he beat?
I just see this fight as a very easy fight for GSP (which is why he wants it so bad, it

Have you seen Diaz's first few fights in the UFC? he swept all the wrestlers that got on top of him and stuffed 17 of 19 TD's from Sherk easily and dropped Diego Sanchez in the 3rd.

His BJJ game off his back is very active, he's always working for a submission or a sweep. And really, Nick Diaz isn't an easy fight for anybody. GSP staying in Nick's guard and bumping him with elbows isn't the best idea because Nick is the most dangerous guy from the guard that GSP will face and every person that stayed in his guard either got swept, submitted, or went back to standing position.

We all saw that GSP didn't want to mess with Shields on the ground, and both those guys train together and imo Nick is more crafty off his back than Shields. Shields is mostly a top position guy, just like BJ Penn. Diaz is dangerous on top or off his back.

Why will it be a good fight? well, have you really ever been bored when any of the Diaz bros were fighting? if anything, GSP will be the one to make the fight boring. Diaz is always working and never stalls and is always trying to finish.

Have you seen Diaz's first few fights in the UFC? he swept all the wrestlers that got on top of him and stuffed 17 of 19 TD's from Sherk easily and dropped Diego Sanchez in the 3rd.

His BJJ game off his back is very active, he's always working for a submission or a sweep. And really, Nick Diaz isn't an easy fight for anybody. GSP staying in Nick's guard and bumping him with elbows isn't the best idea because Nick is the most dangerous guy from the guard that GSP will face.

I would argue woodly, Kos, Hendricks, and GSP would be a lot tougher to sweep.

I would also bet on them avoiding the sub.

Not saying Diaz cant sub them, but these guys would definitely be his toughest fights at WW.

I would argue woodly, Kos, Hendricks, and GSP would be a lot tougher to sweep.

I would also bet on them avoiding the sub.

Not saying Diaz cant sub them, but these guys would definitely be his toughest fights at WW.

Daley almost caught Woodley with a omoplata. I would think he could sweep Woodley or Hendricks because they'll gas, Kos and GSP won't. Woodley and Hendricks have all looked pretty faded by the 3rd round imo.

His BJJ game off his back is very active, he's always working for a submission or a sweep. And really, Nick Diaz isn't an easy fight for anybody. GSP staying in Nick's guard and bumping him with elbows isn't the best idea because Nick is the most dangerous guy from the guard that GSP will face and every person that stayed in his guard either got swept, submitted, or went back to standing position.

We all saw that GSP didn't want to mess with Shields on the ground, and both those guys train together and imo Nick is more crafty off his back than Shields. Shields is mostly a top position guy, just like BJ Penn. Diaz is dangerous on top or off his back.

Why will it be a good fight? well, have you really ever been bored when any of the Diaz bros were fighting? if anything, GSP will be the one to make the fight boring. Diaz is always working and never stalls and is always trying to finish.

Yea but he lost those 2 fights, and is 100 times better at take downs then those guys. To me Diaz only chance like you said is on his back and I just think between Jacksons and Tri-Star and all the guys he will bring in he will be more then prepared for that.

Yea but he lost those 2 fights, and is 100 times better at take downs then those guys. To me Diaz only chance like you said is on his back and I just think between Jacksons and Tri-Star and all the guys he will bring in he will be more then prepared for that.

He arguably beat Sherk. He outlanded him and had the better of the grappling.

Daley almost caught Woodley with a omoplata. I would think he could sweep Woodley or Hendricks because they'll gas, Kos and GSP won't. Woodley and Hendricks have all looked pretty faded by the 3rd round imo.

Woodly probobly would gas.

Honestly, I could see Hendricks KOing Diaz early. He has C-4 in his hands and Diaz is not exactly the hardest guy to hit.

I would like people to convince me im wrong, but I just think that this was the fight that would be the fastest to make a quick buck on for the UFC.

I see Diaz as a fighter that has been shielded from Wrestlers (When he was supposed to fight Woodly he said he wanted to box) What was the last good wrestler that he beat?
I just see this fight as a very easy fight for GSP (which is why he wants it so bad, it

Woodly probobly would gas.

Honestly, I could see Hendricks KOing Diaz early. He has C-4 in his hands and Diaz is not exactly the hardest guy to hit.

Hey, you never know. Maybe Hendricks would blow his head off the same way he has everybody, or Nick will survive and end up putting a beating on a gassed Hendricks. That's what makes the fight interesting.

Yep. Great post. Nick is GSP's toughest fight in years

Hey, you never know. Maybe Hendricks would blow his head off the same way he has everybody, or Nick will survive and end up putting a beating on a gassed Hendricks. That's what makes the fight interesting.

For sure. Only time will tell.

Damn I live this sport.

Dunno man, can you convince me that GSP is better than Diaz at anything accept tackling? Maybe leg kicks?

lol

That is hilarious.

Honestly, I think I am going to pull for Nick Diaz over GSP just for GSP not choosing to fight Hendricks.

Hoping for Hendricks vs. Diaz for the WW title.

Dunno man, can you convince me that GSP is better than Diaz at anything accept tackling? Maybe leg kicks?

GSP has been fighting the best in the world (and every different style) well holding on to the UFC Championship for years. The ball is in your court as the challenger. Im not saying Diaz cant win im just saying i cant see it happening. I know i shouldnt do this but i just see this as a Rory vs Nate type matchup.

GSP has been fighting the best in the world (and every different style) well holding on to the UFC Championship for years. The ball is in your court as the challenger. Im not saying Diaz cant win im just saying i cant see it happening. I know i shouldnt do this but i just see this as a Rory vs Nate type matchup.

commandowrong.gif

IMO, the subs off his back are his best chances to win. Condit had quite a few openings during his fight but couldn't capitalize. Anyone with a brain knows Diaz's jitz is light years ahead of Carlos.

I think you kinda ended your own thread right here...

They don't care what styles these guys fight or who Diaz may or may not have been shielded from in the past. It's a HUGE $$$ fight - the only guy GSP has given a shit about fighting since Penn. It's highly marketable and if they do schedule the fight, that's why.

Diaz is coming off a loss and a year long suspension while Hendricks just won a supposed #1 contender fight via KO. Doesn't matter though, the Diaz fight brings way more attention and money.

And no, it's not an easy fight for GSP - nobody beats Diaz easily, he's as tough as they come.

Though I do agree with you that he has been shielded from wrestlers, I don't think it will affect him as much as people think. I foresee Shields helping Diaz in that department. Will it help prepare him for GSP? Probably not, but it will help him more on bringing the fight to GSP.

IMO, the subs off his back are his best chances to win. Condit had quite a few openings during his fight but couldn't capitalize. Anyone with a brain knows Diaz's jitz is light years ahead of Carlos.

Yea That is a valid point. I give you that, but if all you have is a chance to win off your back the best odds i could give him is like a 25 % chance. Carlos hurt GSP standing i dont see Nick hurting GSP standing, can he beat him in the stand up YES but i cant see him hurt GSP becasue hes a volume fighter and GSP will just go for the take down

Wrestling, TDs, kicks, passing guard, and overall strategy. Nick has all of Condits strengths except boxing instead of kickboxing.

Though I do agree with you that he has been shielded from wrestlers, I don't think it will affect him as much as people think. I foresee Shields helping Diaz in that department. Will it help prepare him for GSP? Probably not, but it will help him more on bringing the fight to GSP.

I totaly agree with you i shouldnt say Easy fight I should say i just cant see him winning

Back