Help I think I'm getting divorced

My wife and I have agreed in principle to getting divorced today. I'm really overwhelmed and have no idea what step to take first though. We have a daughter who's 13 and I have a step son from her who's 19. We've lived in this house we've been renting for almost 8 years and have deep roots laid down here. We have a TON of stuff, just to start with.

Also I live in Colorado where the cost of living is skyrocketing. The whole thing is really intimidating. On one hand I'm kind of "excited" (I guess) to be "free", but I'm really scared of change too if I'm being totally honest. We have almost nothing in common and I haven't been attracted to her for nearly 10 years. She's really dishonest with money and makes next to nothing at her job, so whenever I let her have my card I only get it back when I throw a fit because I discover it's in the red with a bunch of overdraft fees, etc....

I don't even know where to start. Holy shit, I'm scared. What's the first step?

Just had a friend get divorced cuz the wife ran up 80k in credit cards while he wasn’t looking.

Trust and respect are the foundation in a relationship. It sounds like you have neither.

Best to move on amicably.

Starting over is hard but worth it.

Good luck!

yxM54vH.png

Back