help on s&c program

Aleksso

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
currently training muay thai/boxing 3 days a week (tuesday-thursday) and i want to add in some strength and conditioning to supplement my training. Problem is, I dont have a regular gym membership and I only have limited lifting equipment at home (bench press and 100 lbs of plates total). Should i try and make do with the limited equipment I have, or are bodyweight exercises more useful/effective compared to the small amount of weights I have?
About me: 5'9, 160 lbs, mainly want to gain strength/supplement my training (more fighter-oriented rather than aesthetics/bulking)

Thanks in advance guys

I'd just buy a set of TRX straps (ropes? What do you even call it) if I were in your position. They don't take any space and you can train just about any movement on them, apart from deadlifts. Which you can't do anyway with your 100lbs bar.

Pretty sure that you can get them fairly cheap too if you don't get the branded ones.

Look into a kettlebell or possibly a chin-up bar with resistance bands to help you get started. Even a 45lbs plate can be used for different excersises. Getting good at proper pushups chin to floor with full extension at the top will help.

Clean and jerk, press ( overhead press), Push ups. Front squats.
Dips.
I would do for the last sets benchpress with really exlposive from the chest. also do that with wider and narrow grip.

did you ask your coach or experienced team mates?
if you are a beginner in martial arts you should really just focus on your ma skills first and add supplemental workouts later.

Back