Hendo

Last of a dying breed that would fight anywhere anytime. Dude was tough as they come, even in a sport filled with tough guys. I can't remember him even complaining about anything. Respect.

31963.jpg

Crazy pic, tough guys.

check the sherdog watermark lol

What is really crazy is, now I am old enough that they look barely more than teenage. Fuckin time keeps on turning too fast.
This hits hard and i can relate. I don’t remember them this “young”, but now that I’m older myself, it’s crazy to see their youth retroactively. I saw Hendo as always old even when he wasn’t. Haha

3 of the best fighters of their generation and, really, of all time.

31963.jpg

Crazy pic, tough guys.

check the sherdog watermark lol

What is really crazy is, now I am old enough that they look barely more than teenage. Fuckin time keeps on turning too fast.
Aging athletes are one of the things that reminds me how old I'm getting. Every time someone big retires, in just about any sport, it's like a little "damn you're getting old" reminder lol.

I said, "C'mon Hendo, H-Bomb me like ya' did to Ping. I wanna be internet famous." He laughed and explained that he didn't want to separate my head from my pencil neck, so we agreed to a fist bump. For scale, I'm about 5'11, 175'ish here.

View attachment 1041968
Super cool , and great to see that Hendo enjoyed the interaction

I love his jab, inside low kick into the overhand right. Been trying to practice it shadowboxing but nobody will ever do it as beautiful as Hendo.

his resume is almost as good as darren tills

Super cool , and great to see that Hendo enjoyed the interaction
I didn't really say any of that. I just said the usual stuff. "Hi, I'm a huge fan. Blah blah blah." Then, I asked if I could get a fist bump with the H-bomb. He looked at me, paused, and then a smile crept up on his face and he slowly raised the nuclear right. Admittedly, in my fan boy stupor, I couldn't recall which hand it was. I had enough sense to just wait and follow his lead, and it all worked out.

Back