Black SUPERMAN Movie (New Details and the Search for a Director)

Why do people always want famous people to play these roles? It's not like anyone cared about Cavill before he did Man of Steel. Cast a fresh face. Definitely not Michael B. He's too well known and too in demand.

80 years of him being drawn and portrayed as white in tv/movies is enough to suggest that he should be white.
Instead of changing the race of characters for the sake of diversity, I'd rather see them create new characters. There's black Kryptonians, that would be a great start. There's already a shortage of black super heroes, now would be a great time to introduce new characters since super hero stuff is so popular.

I'd have no problems with someone like the Doctor being black, or a woman like it is currently, since the Doctor can regenerate into anything. Making Super Man black to me is like making Mickey Mouse purple and green or making Garfield blue

There are already black Supermen in the comics. They can tell the story of a black Superman without rewriting Clark Kent.

Update: September 12, 2018

Warner Bros. Considering Michael B. Jordan to Play Superman in the Near Future

According to Deadline, the word has been out that Warner Bros. has been mulling a completely different direction with its Superman canon for some time, even considering casting Michael B. Jordan in the role down the road.

c7ECiBg.jpg
A black dude playing Superman?

upload_2018-9-15_20-50-49.jpeg

upload_2018-9-15_20-49-2.gif

https://www.ebony.com/entertainment...d-as-replacement-for-henry-cavill-as-superman

Who's down for an African American to portray Superman?! Superman is really an undocumented alien from another planet. So any ethnicity actors can portray Superman. And of course, this will obviously piss off the far right imbecile racists that worships their fake president that's also a racist imbecile.

Or they could just make the actor look like the character from the comic book and not make it about some pussy liberal movement just for the sake of not offending some overly vocal, non-binary, anti-white gender benders.

Last edited:
Im for staying true to the origin.

I mean, im asian but i dont want no asian Batman. I also dont want Black panther to be Caucasian.

This news pisses me off since Supes is my favorite comicbook character of all time. (Was a kid in the 80s)

They could cast prime Marlon Brando, Laurence Olivier and Daniel Day Lewis yet without a decent script and director it'll still be shite.

I’m ok with anyone playing Superman, but DC will never have the same appeal as Marvel to me.

Im for staying true to the origin.

I mean, im asian but i dont want no asian Batman. I also dont want Black panther to be Caucasian.

This news pisses me off since Supes is my favorite comicbook character of all time. (Was a kid in the 80s)

Superman is okay for any ethnicity. Because Superman is an undocumented alien from another planet. But Batman and Black Panther, stick to the origin.

I just like to piss off far right conservaturds. It's funny how they get pissed off when they like to call others "snowflakes", they're the biggest snowflakes around.

https://www.ebony.com/entertainment...d-as-replacement-for-henry-cavill-as-superman

Who's down for an African American to portray Superman?! Superman is really an undocumented alien from another planet. So any ethnicity actors can portray Superman. And of course, this will obviously piss off the far right imbecile racists that worships their fake president that's also a racist imbecile.

Uhhhh....maybe just have an actor that looks like the character from the comic books....what if the got Tom Cruise to play the black panther or the rock who's half black to play Luke Cage lol.

People were already at odds with the chick who played wonder woman cause she was a twig who weighed 110 soaking wet and WW is supposed to be an Amazonian warrior

I think we should be thinking more progressive guys. I'll be happy with a black Superman only if he/she is transgender/gender fluid and has some form of physical disability. Or maybe a Chinese dude would be cool.

They are 13.5% of the American population.. But since we need to spread the joys of inner city culture, anything less than 50% representation on television (and in politics) is racist. I'm watching MNF, and this is a good start.

I’m all for a black Superman. But I think a Samoan Superman would really put the character over the top.

And of course, this will obviously piss off the far right imbecile racists that worships their fake president that's also a racist imbecile.

Not really the best reason to do it.
A good way to increase racial tensions though.

Stick to the source damn material.

I think it would be really empowering to women if Superman were played by a female.

But the entire movie they still call her Superman instead of superwoman and they never explain why.

Back