Black SUPERMAN Movie (New Details and the Search for a Director)

Well, you failed to show that being white is central to his character.

What, besides his past portrayal as white, suggests that he should be white?
80 years of him being drawn and portrayed as white in tv/movies is enough to suggest that he should be white.
Instead of changing the race of characters for the sake of diversity, I'd rather see them create new characters. There's black Kryptonians, that would be a great start. There's already a shortage of black super heroes, now would be a great time to introduce new characters since super hero stuff is so popular.

I'd have no problems with someone like the Doctor being black, or a woman like it is currently, since the Doctor can regenerate into anything. Making Super Man black to me is like making Mickey Mouse purple and green or making Garfield blue

80 years of him being drawn and portrayed as white in tv/movies is enough to suggest that he should be white.
Instead of changing the race of characters for the sake of diversity, I'd rather see them create new characters. There's black Kryptonians, that would be a great start. There's already a shortage of black super heroes, now would be a great time to introduce new characters since super hero stuff is so popular.

I'd have no problems with someone like the Doctor being black, or a woman like it is currently, since the Doctor can regenerate into anything. Making Super Man black to me is like making Mickey Mouse purple and green or making the Hulk orange.
I'd rather the superhero train stopped altogether for a decade, but sure, more black superheroes could be introduced.

Still not seeing what is so bad about Superman being black, Asian, whatever in 2018. Can a black person not be a mild-mannered reporter with a secret from another world? I'll grant that when Superman came out, the stereotype of anybody but the Christopher Reeve type would have put the casting out of line with the culture, but that's not the case anymore.

The aesthetic case against changing things up is just an aesthetic case, something movie makers frequently overturn.

Do it. Just so I can revel in the glorious manbaby tears that will be overflowing on the internet for decades to come.

Do a double feature weekend with a black Bond to make all lame white bros around the world squeal like little pussies.

Then he can be a totally nother kryptonian. They can come up with a new character altogether. MBJ can be Keyshawn El, or Clarence Kent
that is what I have been saying in Bond's thread. they are always taking established traditionally white characters and decide to cast them black, instead coming with new characters and making them black all along, or even characters rarely cast before. I didnt have a problem with black Heimdall or Gunslinger, I didnt read the Thor stuff, I read the towers, but didnt get an impression that he must white.
but they dont do it. I wonder why...

I'd have no problems with someone like the Doctor being black, or a woman like it is currently, since the Doctor can regenerate into anything. Making Super Man black to me is like making Mickey Mouse purple and green or making Garfield blue

Yea, I just don't understand why we even have to make an 80 year drawn white character black in the first place. Nobody seems to even explain why we should, other than "diversity" - which is stupid.

There's already a black character on the team in Cyborg. If they want to add another, simply bring in John Stewart (he's an awesome character with a perfect back story for urban youth to relate to, and he NEEDS to be in this shit anyway).
Born in Detroit, Michigan, most of John's life was marked by poverty and clashes with police. His mother was a community organizer, who tried to make things better, and inspired John to try and make the world a better place

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/John_Stewart_(Prime_Earth)

Last edited:
Yea, I just don't understand why we even have to make an 80 year drawn white character black in the first place. Nobody seems to even explain why we should, other than "diversity" - which is stupid.

There's already a black character on the team in Cyborg. If they want to add another, simply bring in John Stewart (he's an awesome character with a perfect back story for urban youth to relate to, and he NEEDS to be in this shit anyway).

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/John_Stewart_(Prime_Earth)

I will explain why as it is not hard to understand and makes perfect sense.

First you need to accept that Hollywood is all about PANDERING. They look out at the audience and want to sell tickets and as such they pander to the audience that is buying. Until recently that pandering was almost exclusively to whites and particularly white males.

Now that audience is changing and ethinics and Chinese (yes I know Chinese are ethnics but they need specific mention) are spending significant dollars and Hollywood is increasingly trying to pander to them.

So when it comes to almost 100 years of top characters who were all almost exclusively white males and Barby Built like girls Hollywood is struggling to re-invigorate those old and lucrative properties. In many cases they are finding it difficult to create enthusiasm for just another reboot of the same character looking the same way with the same origin story.

So Hollywood is experimenting in an attempt to breath new life into old and established characters just as comic books have had to do over and over with the same characters. You, or many would say, I would rather see them retire the character than to change my child hood memory. Hollywood gives no f*cks to your past memory and all they care about is trying to keep proven media going. And as such they will continue to experiment to see what sticks.

The world is changing and you simply are not just going to only white males pandered to anymore. Its all fair game. That you don't like won't matter to Hollywood as long as the bigger audience does.

I will explain why as it is not hard to understand and makes perfect sense.

First you need to accept that Hollywood is all about PANDERING. They look out at the audience and want to sell tickets and as such they pander to the audience that is buying. Until recently that pandering was almost exclusively to whites and particularly white males.

Now that audience is changing and ethinics and Chinese (yes I know Chinese are ethnics but they need specific mention) are spending significant dollars and Hollywood is increasingly trying to pander to them.

So when it comes to almost 100 years of top characters who were all almost exclusively white males and Barby Built like girls Hollywood is struggling to re-invigorate those old and lucrative properties. In many cases they are finding it difficult to create enthusiasm for just another reboot of the same character looking the same way with the same origin story.

So Hollywood is experimenting in an attempt to breath new life into old and established characters just as comic books have had to do over and over with the same characters. You, or many would say, I would rather see them retire the character than to change my child hood memory. Hollywood gives no f*cks to your past memory and all they care about is trying to keep proven media going. And as such they will continue to experiment to see what sticks.

The world is changing and you simply are not just going to only white males pandered to anymore. Its all fair game. That you don't like won't matter to Hollywood as long as the bigger audience does.

Lol this just sounds like more of the same preachy nonsense to justify something unnecessary and stupid in the name of "social justice". Just bring in John Stewart (he's been around since the 70s). Simple. It accomplishes all that without having to fuck a with character's iconic makeup.

Last edited:
That's not at all the same. Being "nerdy" isn't a "white" thing. You know that right? There are tons of black nerds. You're talking to one. Not every black guy is a stereotype out of a rap video.

You just blew every sherdogger’s mind. Probably because so many of them are only on sherdog as a result of a rock Lesnar.

They’re pro wrestling fans is what I’m saying.

You just blew every sherdogger’s mind. Probably because so many of them are only on sherdog as a result of a rock Lesnar.

They’re pro wrestling fans is what I’m saying.
This might be the most ludicrous statement in here and there's basically people with their figurative tiki torches crying "we won't be replaced".....

Lol this just sounds like more of the same preachy nonsense to justify something unnecessary and stupid in the name of "social justice". Just bring in John Stewart (he's been around since the 70s). Simple. It accomplishes all that without having to fuck a with character's iconic makeup.
lol at preachy nonsense and you not believing Hollywood panders.

WTF do you think Hollywood has been making high art with no eye on the audience buying? Why do you think comic book characters change sex and race all the time and always have with their most popular franchises.

Seriously wake up and learn something but don't ever say again no one has not explained why. As I just did.

lol at preachy nonsense and you not believing Hollywood panders.

WTF do you think Hollywood has been making high art with no eye on the audience buying? Why do you think comic book characters change sex and race all the time and always have with their most popular franchises.

Seriously wake up and learn something but don't ever say again no one has not explained why. As I just did.

I understand pandering just fine.

I'm interested more in understanding the mindset behind this particular brand of pandering. As in, if it were merely as simple and dry as you explain it, there would be no reason why bringing in John Stewart wouldn't easily accomplish all of that, and one wouldn't have to go through the trouble of altering any existing characters.

That their idea is to specifically target doing so in this manner seems ridiculous to me, betraying the idea that it's simply about diversity, as many claim.

BTW DC, if you haven't noticed, doesn't seem to be nailing the 'high art' thing lately.

Scarlotte Johanson should be Superman, outside of "mindless SJW soyboys" nobody was crying about that. <45>

Well, you failed to show that being white is central to his character.

What, besides his past portrayal as white, suggests that he should be white?
the only suggestion that he should be white is that baby Superman landed in a farming community in Iowa and was raised by a local family. Considering that today's Iowan farm laborers look like this
DSC00069-831x308.jpg

perhaps the new Superman should be Mexican.

We revise a 2000 year old story whenever we portray Jesus as a caucasian man with long flowing hair. If no one gives a shit about a sacred tome then why are you manbabies crying about cartoons?

We revise a 2000 year old story whenever we portray Jesus as a caucasian man with long flowing hair. If no one gives a shit about a sacred tome then why are you manbabies crying about cartoons?
cartoons are more realistic?

There are way more latinos in america or asians in UK.

There is just a gay and black obsession in the west.
latinos are the most proportionately underrepresented demographic in America. And even among latinos, there is excessive "colorism" where only the lightest European featured ones get promoted.

Wanting an understanding of the motives behind making Superman black, and thinking the move ridiculous if simply done in the name of "diversity" = manbaby crying. Lol. Guess I should just be impressed that you didn't call me a racist...

stop black

I agree white washing is cringeworthy. Just dont be a hypocrite?
practice what you preach at least.
Who's being a hypocrite? Just pointing out it's something Hollywood has always done. I think it's a stupid idea, but its certainly nothing new.

The anger some people have towards minorities about it is very misplaced. This wasn't something asked or petitioned for by minorities. The potential black bond isn't either. It's something a bunch of white guys in suits in a board room came up with to try to make more money. That's all these changes are ever about, trying to appeal to a different audience and make more money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back