Media Henry Cejudo on Sean Strickland's childhood trauma: "Keep that sh*t to yourself" (comes at Volkanovski too)

big franklin

franklin
@Green
Reaction score
Henry 'The Messenger' Cejudo is not happy with the way Sean 'Tarzan' Strickland is open about his childhood trauma.

“I wouldn’t share things that bug you if you can’t be an advocate for it,” Cejudo said on his YouTube channel. “Especially to the world. But you’re talking about peoples’ wives and calling people f***, and things of that nature. How do you not expect somebody else to come at you?”

“I hope you can come to the consensus to be able to accept the fact that you’re in this game, bro,” Cejudo said to Strickland. “Learn how to play, don’t be [mocks crying]. You can’t, man.

“It’s the same with [Alexander] Volkanovski. Volkanovski is showing his cards that he goes through anxiety if he doesn’t fight. Like, bro, like what the f***. Keep some of that s*** to yourself. The world doesn’t need to know.”

“If he goes into that fight emotional ... you know what happens when you fight somebody emotional?” Cejudo asked. “You don’t stick to the gameplan, you wanna hurt ‘em, and because you want to hurt ‘em, you’re gonna expose yourself. You’re gonna be throwing things you would never throw before. You’re gonna be throwing a lot of power, and you know what happens when you throw a lot of power? You’re gonna get burned.

“It could also motivate a guy like Sean Strickland. I mean, how many times have we all been wrong? Sean Strickland is made different.”

Source

I think it makes them more human...

Hey my favorite fighter has experienced abuse... anxiety ... etc. And a lot of people can relate to them.

Props... it's hard to talk about the negative in your life.

I think it makes them more human...

Hey my favorite fighter has experienced abuse... anxiety ... etc. And a lot of people can relate to them.

Props... it's hard to talk about the negative in your life.
Exactly, Henry is often wrong about most everything. When a fighters being honest and real that's when I usually become a fan.

Last edited:
Lol. I've been through some shit in my life and im grateful for dealing with it. All the help i've got etc.... That said, integrity. Don't make everyone your damn therapist.

I hope Strickland gets the help he needs so he doesn't have to live in pain. This shit is unraveling in front of us.

Exactly, Henry is often wrong above most everything. When a fighters behind honest and real that's when I usually become a fan.
Absolutely
That said (and I only read the quote,) Strickland* seems like he literally can’t take his own medicine.
Using homophobic slurs and denigrating other fighters’ spouses 100% opens one up for personal attacks.
If he doesn’t want his private life to be ammunition, then he either shouldn’t have shared his, or be denigrating other peoples’ spouses.

Last edited:
I kind of agree in some cases. But at the same time he's being a dick. Sean is just Sean and likes talk about all kinds of crazy shit. Volk he just been knocked out and was emotional. I don't fault volk at all.

Cejudo should shut the fuck up about Volk. More people with visibility and influence need to be open about their issues if we ever want to make more progress in regards to mental health.

Says the guy who brings props to face offs like Carrot Top to “get in their heads”. Yes we already know that tactically speaking you should “never appear weak”. But he’s 100% wrong for criticizing fighters after the fact, for unfortunate moments of vulnerability, especially about Volk who got his block kicked off earlier in the evening. Henry, please Stfu.

Last edited:
Henry 'The Messenger' Cejudo is not happy with the way Sean 'Tarzan' Strickland is open about his childhood trauma.

“I wouldn’t share things that bug you if you can’t be an advocate for it,” Cejudo said on his YouTube channel. “Especially to the world. But you’re talking about peoples’ wives and calling people f***, and things of that nature. How do you not expect somebody else to come at you?”

“I hope you can come to the consensus to be able to accept the fact that you’re in this game, bro,” Cejudo said to Strickland. “Learn how to play, don’t be [mocks crying]. You can’t, man.

“It’s the same with [Alexander] Volkanovski. Volkanovski is showing his cards that he goes through anxiety if he doesn’t fight. Like, bro, like what the f***. Keep some of that s*** to yourself. The world doesn’t need to know.”

“If he goes into that fight emotional ... you know what happens when you fight somebody emotional?” Cejudo asked. “You don’t stick to the gameplan, you wanna hurt ‘em, and because you want to hurt ‘em, you’re gonna expose yourself. You’re gonna be throwing things you would never throw before. You’re gonna be throwing a lot of power, and you know what happens when you throw a lot of power? You’re gonna get burned.

“It could also motivate a guy like Sean Strickland. I mean, how many times have we all been wrong? Sean Strickland is made different.”

Source

Don't take any advice from the guy that retired as champ in his prime thinking a big payday was on the way :D

Believe it or not, not every victim or person who's been through shit is also a perfect role model or advocate. We're imperfect and fucked up, and from my own perspective, Sean making it to the level of life he has made it to is an amazing story. In addition to that, for him to be able to walk back some deep character flaws (such as blatant racism and hatred of other humans) is a character arc that most people wouldn't be able to undertake or even acknowledge.

This is just his bullshit apologist way of standing up for someone for mocking childhood rape. No fucking idea how these idiots can find equity in calling someone mean names (even homosexual epithets which for people 30-40 were used in non-discriminatory ways our entire formative years) with mocking a child being raped or molested.

Given Henry's size, he should be a huge advocate against child rape, not protecting people that mock its victims.

Funny thing is, Volkanovski is one of the most calculated and cerebral fighters you'll ever witness in the cage. Yet you've got this mental midget Cejudo claiming his anxiety could potentially cause him to fight recklessly. Off base. Out of touch. Ignorant.

Back