Henry Cejudo should have never come back

I love how Dana shut him down.

He should have never retired in the first place.

He should have went to a different organization

I'm sick of this guy acting like he's one of the GOATs, what's even his best win, Marlon Moraes?

TJ beats him at 135 imo
Cruz old and on short notice
DJ super close decision

This guy has barely even fought at 135, hasn't really been tested, most overrated wrestler too, no top control, no BJJ, no submission threat, tries to act like him retiring is supposed to be a big deal. Gets all this hype for his 'fight IQ' for beating up Moraes in the second round, when that was literally just Moraes gassing out. Tries to act like beating up TJ's skeleton at 125 is an actual win, the guy could barely stand on his own two feet after that weightcut.

This is all revisionist bullshit.

List for me the names of every flyweight who would have beaten Mighty Mouse when Henry did.

You want to explain away DJ, Moraes, Cruz, TJ... this is just flat out stupid. Add Joe B. You can't explain away half a dozen wins against ranked opponents with good careers in their time.

In that era of MMA, Henry was unequivocally one of the best, if not the singular best.

*He should have never left. "Legacy" and "Record" are completely pointless and not worth worrying about. If modern day fans don't know Randy Couture or Wanderlei Silva, they sure as hell aren't going to remember Cejudo in a few years.

As a small weight fighter who wasn't champ for very long and really wasn't an mma fighter for that long in general, Cejudo should not have wasted years of his prime sitting on the shelf. He will regret that missed income in 20 years much more than he misses his shattered aura now
That's a good point. If I mention old school fighters people at work (who watch the ufc) don't even know who they are. Never even heard of Fedor or barely know who Machida is. Pretty crazy. 99% of these guys today won't even be remembered in 3 years, much less 20.

The mistake he made was retiring in his prime while being a champion. Either he should have cashed in while he had the most leverage or never come back and look to cash in with business/coaching opportunities.
We all have hindsight 20/20, we don’t know exactly what he was going thru.
I wish I could re live my mistakes too

I dont agree.

Thats just people getting in their feelings about shit.

There's literally no reason for Cejudo to stay retired. He may have lost a step but can still compete and make money.

"yea but u said..."

People get emotional when they lose,and then it fades and they wanna compete again.

Shoulda never retired in the first place is what he shouldnt have done.
I agree. Still not a fan. Go quit a job in your company publically and then ask to return a year later and see how that goes. Quitting should be a serious decision and not taken lightly, especially if you make a spectacle out of it by retiring in the octagon.

I agree. Still not a fan. Go quit a job in your company publically and then ask to return a year later and see how that goes. Quitting should be a serious decision and not taken lightly, especially if you make a spectacle out of it by retiring in the octagon.
Its not regular job.

You cant compare it to that.

Your job in your company doesnt require you to get smashed in the face our your limbs ripped out.

Cant force someone to do that if they dont want to.

The mistake he made was retiring in his prime while being a champion.
Yeah but even still,the way he did it was so LAAAAAAAAAAME.

No one bought that he really wasnt coming back. Even as a fan of his,I was like Henry no cmon. This is wackadack.

This is shitty statement.
Eh,he deserved to get shut down. It wasnt a good way to do business.

He kinda put them on blast publicly on the mic and Dana called his bluff.

List for me the names of every flyweight who would have beaten Mighty Mouse when Henry did.

You want to explain away DJ, Moraes, Cruz, TJ... this is just flat out stupid. Add Joe B. You can't explain away half a dozen wins against ranked opponents with good careers in their time.

In that era of MMA, Henry was unequivocally one of the best, if not the singular best.
100%

Henry really screwed his career. He "retired" just when he would have had super big money fights coming his way. Fights that he had a really good chance of winning. Now he is back and loosing to everybody. Really dump move to retire.

It's not revisionist anything, it's what I thought when those wins took place, and its what I think now. You can explain it away, because that's literally what happened. TJ at 125 is a JOKE. Cruz WAS old and WAS on short notice. DJ WAS a super close decision, and Moraes WAS beating his ass until he gassed out. What 'era'? It wasn't even that long ago. Apart from Moraes who was dogwalking him in the first round, anytime Cejudo fought anyone good in their prime at 135, he lost. He was never that guy, and I don't care about what ifs if he hadn't retired, maybe he would have gotten exposed even sooner

He admitted on his Youtube page recently that if he could do it all again he probably wouldn't have come back. But he was coping with saying at the end of the day he wants to leave no questions, no stones unturned, test himself..

Back