Henry Cejudo Will Re-Enter USADA Testing Portal on Monday.

Who Should Henry Fight First?

• Total voters
I see no path to victory for Volk against Cejudo. Volk won’t be able to out wrestle him and Henry has the better boxing.
So Henry'd outwrestle and outstrike him? Lol mate you must be dreaming. Henry's only hope would be to wrestle and I don't see how he could hold Volk down long enough to win a dull decision, for once Volk would be the bigger longer fighter, he'd batter Cejudo, destroy the leg with kicks because he wouldn't fear the takedowns and he clearly hits harder. Cejudo would get wrecked worse than he did for a round against Moraes. Know the difference though? Volk wouldn't gas and allow Cejudo back into it.

Fuck yesh!! Let the cringe commence!!

giphy.webp

I like Cejudo (weird I know) but this dumb mofo wasted 2 valuable years towards the end of his prime and now he wants to come back and is calling out an absolute killer in a weight class above him? Henry, remember what you did to Dillashaw? Sometimes it’s best to stay in your own lane.

Given the wrestling we just saw.... Henry fucks Yan up bad.
Not necessarily, cejudos grappling is way different style than sterling. He won't be bale to sit on his back like that. Cejudo hasn't shown exceptional offensive bjj

Let him fight yan or a ranked opponent.

The layoff will certainly play a factor unless he's been active in training (doubtful).

He's definitely in the gym all the time both training and coaching.

Volk vs Henry would be a good style matchup, would be interested to see it, I'd favor Volk to win but would be a good fight I think

I like Henry, cringe gimmick and all, but his run was definitely a bit inflated (as stated by the guy you're quoting). I was rooting for Henry, but I thought MM won that fight. While TJ was a skeleton at 125, Cruz hadn't fought in almost 4 years, and Marlon has proven to be a good but not great fighter.
Man, Moraes had just KOd Sterling. I think Cejudo took his soul, and it's a very credible win.

I wish he didn't retire. I love Cejudo, but who knows where he is at after 2 years. I hope he stays at BW

Cejudo should be feed to Max or something.

Cejudo presents an unique challenge to walk with the karate distance management and bursts.

Dana needs to make Cejudo bend the knee -- ungrateful little critter walked out on the UFC.

Now he's creeping back in -- ready to go on the small money payroll, cause he spotted weakness in the ranks this past weekend.

<45>
Well if he's coming back he absolutely will have bent the knee wont he? Spent 2 years complaining about fighter pay to come back on the same contract minus the PPV points for being a champion. If he's genuine about coming back and oh boy is that a big if, he'll actually earn less than his last fight.

I got to shake his hand at the gym after he did a wrestling seminar last Tuesday. I just said I hope to see him in the octagon again, and I saw the gears turning in his head. He smiled and said, “tweet about it.” Glad he’s coming back.

One of the only double champions in UFC history seems on his way back to the Octagon.

Henry Cejudo will re-enter himself into the USADA drug-testing pool Monday, his manager Ali Abdelaziz of Dominance MMA told ESPN on Sunday. That signifies that Cejudo, a former Olympic gold medalist in wrestling, is on his way out of retirement after two years.

Fighters re-entering the pool are typically subjected to six months of drug testing before being able to compete again, per the UFC's anti-doping policy.

This comes on the heels of two UFC title fights Saturday night in divisions that interest Cejudo, the former UFC flyweight and bantamweight champion. Alexander Volkanovski retained his UFC featherweight title over Chan Sung Jung and Aljamain Sterling defeated Petr Yan to unify the bantamweight title at UFC 273 in Jacksonville, Florida.

After the fights Saturday night, Cejudo tweeted "I'm getting back in the pool!!" Now, the comeback appears to be on.

Cejudo, 35, surprisingly announced his retirement in his postfight interview after beating Dominick Cruz to retain the bantamweight title at UFC 249 on May 9, 2020. The Arizona resident was on a six-fight winning streak prior to hanging up the gloves and was considered one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world.

Cejudo relinquished the UFC bantamweight title May 24, 2020. Since stepping away from the cage, Cejudo has focused on coaching at Fight Ready in Scottsdale, working with the likes of current and former MMA champions Deiveson Figueiredo, Jon Jones, Cris Cyborg, Zhang Weili, Jiri Prochazka and more.

Link: https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/33716325/henry-cejudo-inspired-title-fights-return-retirement

Quadruple C Incoming!

Cejudo vs Yan
Tj vs Sterling

If he's going to 145, Holloway

Let's go

Henry should go to weight watchers first, then usada

In all seriousness, it’s about fucking time, Henry on top form is something else and by a few miles the best wrestler in the sport.

Not only would Volk crush Henry, he could move to LW and crush the current champ there. He's that good.

Back