Here's a great 80's tribute video... a must watch if you grew up in the 80's!

Ace of Spade

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Damn man... so many memories at once. There will never be another decade like the 80's.

7214b7bfe7c2e8568ee52563f57c6229.gif

I was hooked until Cosby, yikes.

Good stuff though. Highlander, Staying Alive, Shock the Monkey. Poor Andrew Ridgeley, plenty of George Michael but no Wham.

Last edited:
Does seem a bit like Generation Z's view of the 80's, when it comes to blockbusters for example I would say the 80's was considerably less slick and family focused than what we've seen since.

Does seem a bit like Generation Z's view of the 80's, when it comes to blockbusters for example I would say the 80's was considerably less slick and family focused than what we've seen since.

I thought it was pretty authentic. The Terminator clip was the love scene with Hamilton and Biehn. There was lots of Apollo Creed. I feel like a Zoomer might only know about Sledgehammer when it comes to Peter Gabriel videos.

Sure they could have included more Arnold and Jason and Freddy and stuff, but they were going for an upbeat image with the clips and song selection.

Damn you 80's... you left us and you're never coming back... but at least I can still dream about you.

"I... I... still remember hanging out at the mall arcade on Saturdays and... and... renting videos every Friday night with my little brother man... DAMN YOU 80's"

sad-man-crying-on-the-beach-video-id1067032786

I thought it was pretty authentic. The Terminator clip was the love scene with Hamilton and Biehn. There was lots of Apollo Creed. I feel like a Zoomer might only know about Sledgehammer when it comes to Peter Gabriel videos.

Sure they could have included more Arnold and Jason and Freddy and stuff, but they were going for an upbeat image with the clips and song selection.

Should have sneaked in an Arnie neck break and Murphies hand being blown off in Robocop inbetween the hugs.

My issue is that some of these 80s videos seems to recycle the same 80s material that we have already seen on many other 80s tribute videos. Its always the same ET, Karate Kid, Breakfast Club, Michael Jackson, Madonna, George Michael and Prince clips. They need to think outside the box and add Romancing the Stone, Neverending Story, The Fly and The Cars which were just as popular during the days

My issue is that some of these 80s videos seems to recycle the same 80s material that we have already seen on many other 80s tribute videos. Its always the same ET, Karate Kid, Breakfast Club, Michael Jackson, Madonna, George Michael and Prince clips. They need to think outside the box and add Romancing the Stone, Neverending Story, The Fly and The Cars which were just as popular during the days

Sounds fair. I've never watched an 80s tribute video before.

Sounds fair. I've never watched an 80s tribute video before.
Not really some much the tributes but the references that you see from other modern day shows. I like the show Halt and Catch Fire because it does not use the same 80s catalog of songs we are used to and has more obscure 80s references to early computing

Quite funny some of whats included in an uplifting video.

"Lets watch that delightful southern mystery thriller Angel Heart with cheeky chappy Mickey Rouke, fun for all the family"

Last edited:
Quite funny some of whats included in an uplifting video.

"Lets watch that delightful southern mystery thriller Angel Heart with all the family"
I admit I didn't watch the video because the song used in the video was bad as it was in 88. Its up there in terribleness with Kokomo and I'm speaking as someone who likes a lot of 80s cheese. Now that I think of it 87-89 spawned a lot of shitty songs that I blocked most of them in my mind

The 80's and their consequences will never be overcome and the depressed early millennials/late gen x'ers will never be overcome within our lifetime.

Damn man... the fucking 80's. Can I just go back for one day... just one? Ok... a week. LOL.

2517f9a2952dbbbd06b8f7eb64b922ee22-06-men-crying.rsquare.w700.jpg

Ed Helms: "I wish there was a way to know you're in The Good Old Days before you've actually left them."

Back