Hilarious how some people use the Mendes fight as the deciding factor for Khabib

How many of these Mendes vs Conor threads are we gonna get? For fuck sake.

If getting choked out by a journeyman is getting better than before, then I don't know what to tell you, kid.
He got choked out by a ceaser gracie black belt with most submission wins in the ufc behind royce gracie.......

I think its time to hand in that sherdog black belt and go back to the basics.

The more and more I think about it the more and more I realize how very aware Khabib is about the huge discrepancy in striking between him and Connor. He may be a 26-0 champ, but he's not delusional.

Khabib's going to come out with some curveballs in the first round.

Johnson is a no name? Barboza? Tavares? Tibau? Sorry, Khabib didn't fight a no camp Mendes or an "elite level" Siver. Pop that Conor realdoll rubber cock out your mouth for a second and go look at facts dipshit.
I presented facts that all your guys are not even in the top 5 except one of them and all Conor's are. You got owend but can't admit it, grow up kiddo.

While Conor's injury affected his efficiency in the Mendes fight no doubt, you are a bit off with the details.

It wasn't a full ACL tear, full tears take 9 to 12 months. There are different magnitudes of ACL tears.

He also didn't just get no treatment. He got stem cell injections for a temporary fix until he got surgery.

I agree with your second point, Conor has defintely improved every aspect of his grappling since then.

I still think Khabib beats him.

mendes is also like 3 x faster and more explosive than khabib, obviously khabib's size kind of evens that out though.

I presented facts that all your guys are not even in the top 5 except one of them and all Conor's are. You got owend but can't admit it, grow up kiddo.
Funny how selective you memory is. Most of Khabib's last 10 fighters were all top level competition AT THE TIME they fought so I don't know what the fuck you're on about, Conor fought Siver who's literally a nobody to get a shot at Aldo who he starched with a lucky punch. Then he fought Diaz a journeyman career fringe top 10 twice and arguably lost both times and was squeezed in to fight Alvarez who's just as overhyped as he is. Also it's funny someone who uses "owned" calling me "kiddo". Grow up.

Could you imagine how Khabib vs Mendes would go down LoL, Mendes would get big bro’d in there

Mendes has 100% TDD, is an All-American who has never been outgrappled in MMA, and beat the extremely highly decorated Jeff Glover by submission in submission grappling. People have been downplaying the shit out of Mendes' grappling since Conor/Khabib was announced. Wonder why that is?

If Mendes fought Khabib it would probably more look like the Tibau fight. Except unlike Tibau Mendes is a great striker with big power.

Khabib is better than 2 weeks Mendes.

lol Says a lot when the only thing to give Khabib fans hope is a fight three years ago that Conor managed to finish in two rounds.

Who cares how easily or how often Mendes took McGregor down when he still got knocked out in under three rounds like most everyone else?

lol Says a lot when the only thing to give Khabib fans hope is a fight three years ago that Conor managed to finish in two rounds.

Who cares how easily or how often Mendes took McGregor down when he still got knocked out in under three rounds like most everyone else?
Considering how rarely Conor fights and choosy he is on opponents there isn't alot to go on. There's the Aldo fight which was quick and we didn't see anything. The Diaz fights of course, Alvarez and Mendes. That's it Siver was a mismatch and the Holloway and Poirer fights were so long ago I doubt they're relevant at all for all of them.

ROFL. Manlet Mendes tagged Conor and took him down easily. Diaz even took Conor down...

And have you even watched Khabib fight? What he's done to people and how good his wrestling is?

You're stupid if you can't see why people are picking Khabib to win. Conor can certainly win by KO, but you have to be straight retarded to think Conor will stuff Khabib's takedowns. Conor can circle out to make Khabib miss the shot, but if Khabib gets a good hold on him, Conor won't be stopping shit.

Typical delusional trash Conor fan. You think because Conor stuffed a couple of Eddies takedowns that he's going to stop Khabib... MMA fans are total shit these days.

Two reasons.

1) McGregor tore his ACL a couple weeks before the fight. For all you tubby lards, this is as serious knee injury as it gets, you lose all stability on that knee. Generally takes 12 months of proper rehab and training and it never really is the same. This is a significant factor in why mendes could take conor down.

2) This one is very important. McGregors game has changed quite a bit since that fight, he is nowhere near the same fighter and has completely refined his game (cheers diaz).

Output has decreased quite a bit, no more balls to the wall with a variety of strikes, he picks shots and uses the same ones over and over and throws a spin kick sparingly. Conors abiltiy to adapt to his strengths has been remarkable and his TDD has improved by a mile as proven in the alvarez fight (Inb4 retard haters bring up Diaz fight while not realising conors style has also changed afterthe diaz fights, now adding COMBOS to his crisp punches as well).

Conor is going to crack khabib with his superior striking and its gonna get nasty early. Khabib may survive but given how rudimentary his standup is khabib will likely panic and shoot from the hip.

TLDR

Healthy, refined game conor is nowhere near the same fighter as he was against Mendes and drawing conclusions from that fight is STUPID

Not going to argue your other stupid points, but would he have been cleared to fight by the physician with a torn ACL?

"Smash" lmao. Guy is a definition of boring decision machine who looks helpless on feet. Conor picks him apart and knocks him out cold.

Boring decision machine? The guy is one of the most violent fighters in the game. Sure he goes to decision, but not before dishing out lopsided beat downs. Cain also decisioned a bunch of fighters. Was he a boring decision machine? Cmon. Be realistic.

Two reasons.

1) McGregor tore his ACL a couple weeks before the fight. For all you tubby lards, this is as serious knee injury as it gets, you lose all stability on that knee. Generally takes 12 months of proper rehab and training and it never really is the same. This is a significant factor in why mendes could take conor down.

2) This one is very important. McGregors game has changed quite a bit since that fight, he is nowhere near the same fighter and has completely refined his game (cheers diaz).

Output has decreased quite a bit, no more balls to the wall with a variety of strikes, he picks shots and uses the same ones over and over and throws a spin kick sparingly. Conors abiltiy to adapt to his strengths has been remarkable and his TDD has improved by a mile as proven in the alvarez fight (Inb4 retard haters bring up Diaz fight while not realising conors style has also changed afterthe diaz fights, now adding COMBOS to his crisp punches as well).

Conor is going to crack khabib with his superior striking and its gonna get nasty early. Khabib may survive but given how rudimentary his standup is khabib will likely panic and shoot from the hip.

TLDR

Healthy, refined game conor is nowhere near the same fighter as he was against Mendes and drawing conclusions from that fight is STUPID

Great analysis. Now how about you stop and just wait for the fight to unfold.

We will see first hand just how much Conor's TDD has improved, because you can bet your balls Khabib is putting them hands around his waist.

TLDR

Good points. Another good point is.....guys get better. I doubt Conor is the same guy he was in the Mendes fight. And another good point is.....Khabib is bigger, stronger, and has a different style than Mendes so it's not a fair comparison. It's like comparing Pettis to Anderson just because they're both strikers. Different styles. Different weight classes.

I'm all for supporting your fighter. But I don't know how anyone can be absolutely certain about this fight. Conor never fought a wrestler like Khabib. Khabib never fought a striker like Conor. It's going to come down to who can impose their will.

Mendes has 100% TDD, is an All-American who has never been outgrappled in MMA, and beat the extremely highly decorated Jeff Glover by submission in submission grappling. People have been downplaying the shit out of Mendes' grappling since Conor/Khabib was announced. Wonder why that is?

If Mendes fought Khabib it would probably more look like the Tibau fight. Except unlike Tibau Mendes is a great striker with big power.

Big problem though is Mendes has never really been that dangerous ontop.

Yea, because short notice Mendes gassed after the first round. Khabib doesn't gas.

Man, I really love you Conor fans completely overlooking Khabib. Gonna be fun to watch.

Im not down playing Mendes’s skill one bit, just clearly stating that I believe Khabib would make Mendes look bad in that department. Also believe Khabib would beat Glover as well, Glover can make FW and is nowhere near as strong as Mendes or Khabib.

And if Tibau shared the cage with Mendes its not like Chad would have a better performance, shit he could lose that one.

Yea, because short notice Mendes gassed after the first round. Khabib doesn't gas.

Man, I really love you Conor fans completely overlooking Khabib. Gonna be fun to watch.

He might if he received the same kicks to the body that Mendes did from Conor.

Back